Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:10 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
jason12e wrote:
Out of curiosity: would anyone have an idea if Yale SOM plans to increase its 2013 intake, given that the new campus/building will be finished soon?

Yes they do have plans to increase, but it will be a gradual increase of a certain number of students each year.

Here's an article that gives further details: https://www.yaledailynews.com/news/2012/ ... om-campus/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: Yale '15 (A)
Send PM
Just got my interview invite..pretty pumped. Was getting late and had written it off. Congrats to all the others that have gotten invitations and good luck to those still waiting!!
VP
VP
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
ballhawk7 wrote:
Just got my interview invite..pretty pumped. Was getting late and had written it off. Congrats to all the others that have gotten invitations and good luck to those still waiting!!

Great that.

Are you an international?

There are a few others on this forum who are through with their interviews, you may want to seek advice from them. Best of luck !
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale '15 (A)
Send PM
Thanks very much, jumsumtak. No I am not international. 710 GMAT and 3.11 GPA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
ballhawk7 wrote:
Thanks very much, jumsumtak. No I am not international. 710 GMAT and 3.11 GPA.

Got an invite today! I'm on the West Coast if you're wondering...and I had also almost given up hope so to the rest of you, keep practicing those interview questions!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Congratulations and good luck, ballhawk and lfa!

And thanks for sharing that article, Ward2012! I wonder if the increase will benefit the applicants this year... *crossing fingers*
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Sloan '14 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.38
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Any reports of Indians getting interview invites for the MBA program???
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
Got an invite yesterday but went to my work email so didnt see it til this morning.. I actually saw everyone here get invited last night and logged into the yale page to see my status was still submitted. It was dissapointing. I thought that was supposed to change when they invited you?

To all those waiting, best of luck, they are still coming out for a bit. If you look at last yrs thread, people got invited late into November.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Dbalks wrote:
Got an invite yesterday but went to my work email so didnt see it til this morning.. I actually saw everyone here get invited last night and logged into the yale page to see my status was still submitted. It was dissapointing. I thought that was supposed to change when they invited you?

To all those waiting, best of luck, they are still coming out for a bit. If you look at last yrs thread, people got invited late into November.

Congrats!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Send PM
Question about interview day? In the email it says "Upon signing up for an interview, you will be automatically registered for a full day of campus visit activities, beginning at 9:30 AM. To review the day's activities, please click here to view our campus visit web page."

I have already done the full campus visit. Im pretty sure it won't, but will it be held against me if I opt out given that I've done the tour, class visit, lunch with student? Nothing wrong with doing it twice as I am extremely enthusiastic about the school, but just dont want to waste their time and resources or take up a class spot that could go to another prospective.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
still waiting for an invite !!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Dbalks wrote:
Question about interview day? In the email it says "Upon signing up for an interview, you will be automatically registered for a full day of campus visit activities, beginning at 9:30 AM. To review the day's activities, please click here to view our campus visit web page."

I have already done the full campus visit. Im pretty sure it won't, but will it be held against me if I opt out given that I've done the tour, class visit, lunch with student? Nothing wrong with doing it twice as I am extremely enthusiastic about the school, but just dont want to waste their time and resources or take up a class spot that could go to another prospective.

Congrats on the invite! And all the best with the interview.

May be visiting campus twice will send a strong signal to the interviewer, plus would help you bear the pre-interview anxiety (in case you have some) :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Dbalks wrote:

Congrats Dbalks!

I'm in a similar situation, having visited in the spring. My view on this: I really want to take advantage of visiting classes again, particularly the core courses, as well as talk to students again in a more in-depth way than just gathering information about the school when I wasn't really sure what to ask. I agree with VN that visiting for the full day sends a strong signal to the interviewer and adcom. You don't want to give them any reason to think you aren't interested in the school, and even if you've visited before, it could be construed as lack of interest as opposed to not wanting to waste their time, even if you do it with the best of intentions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Dbalks wrote:

You should absolutely feel free to e-mail Admissions and ask them this exact question, and let them know your circumstances. They won't view that negatively, and will give you a straightforward answer.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
wow, I... did not at all interpret the e-mail this way. I already sent them an e-mail I wouldn't be participating in the day's activities.

After all, they did say:
"If you have already visited campus and do not plan to participate in the entire campus visit day, please email mba.interview@yale.edu at your earliest convenience with your arrival time so we can plan accordingly."

So would the admissions committee really view a polite decline unfavorably? Or nod approvingly at someone who decides to go on a tour for the 2nd time or sits in on a Q&A session with an admissions staff member for no strong reason considering the application has already been submitted?

I would hope they could see through that and not interpret my decline as a sign that Yale isn't one of my top choices b/c that couldn't be further from the truth..
VP
VP
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
unleash thy Friday Fury !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Send PM
OjilEye wrote:
wow, I... did not at all interpret the e-mail this way. I already sent them an e-mail I wouldn't be participating in the day's activities.

After all, they did say:
"If you have already visited campus and do not plan to participate in the entire campus visit day, please email mba.interview@yale.edu at your earliest convenience with your arrival time so we can plan accordingly."

So would the admissions committee really view a polite decline unfavorably? Or nod approvingly at someone who decides to go on a tour for the 2nd time or sits in on a Q&A session with an admissions staff member for no strong reason considering the application has already been submitted?

I would hope they could see through that and not interpret my decline as a sign that Yale isn't one of my top choices b/c that couldn't be further from the truth..

Yes, this is most likely just me being paranoid. I am sure I am thinking way too much into this, and I saw their second comment which makes me think they wont hold it against anyone for not participating. I do think I am going to sit through it again though. My interview is in the afternoon so like someone said before, if anything this relaxes any jitters. And I also think it will help everything I like about Yale being fresh in my mind.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts