Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:59 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 550 Q30 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 3: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.27
WE:Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.71
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hello folks, I am from Beijing China. Good luck with every Round 1 applicants!

I Just submitted my application for Round 2 three days ago. The Adcom said they might come to China for face-to-face interviews of Round 2 applicants late Nov. or early Dec., but they weren't sure. Because their trips would depend on the number of students applying here. Any news about this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Submitted for R1... have my interview on 5th DEC.
People who have attended interview please post your experiences.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ralphsong wrote:

I Just submitted my application for Round 2 three days ago. The Adcom said they might come to China for face-to-face interviews of Round 2 applicants late Nov. or early Dec., but they weren't sure. Because their trips would depend on the number of students applying here. Any news about this?

It's hard to tell right now as we only have a small sampling of R2 applicants on this board: you, myself and an anonymous applicant. We wouldn't be able to determine from that how many applications they received from China. I've read that they do offer a phone/skype type of option if you're unable to do a face-to-face, but I'm not sure what they do with regard to going to interview in other countries.

Good luck, though! Hopefully they make it out there so you can have a face-to-face interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Just completed my interview with Ms. Erin Ernst. It was pleasant. The usual MBA interview questions. Overall it was a nice experience. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RyanCJW wrote:
ralphsong wrote:

It's hard to tell right now as we only have a small sampling of R2 applicants on this board: you, myself and an anonymous applicant. We wouldn't be able to determine from that how many applications they received from China. I've read that they do offer a phone/skype type of option if you're unable to do a face-to-face, but I'm not sure what they do with regard to going to interview in other countries.

Good luck, though! Hopefully they make it out there so you can have a face-to-face interview.

Thanks a lot and good luck! Adcom did mention about skype interview, but they probably will not use phone interview as they told me that “they really want to see the candidates.”
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.32
WE:Programming (Telecommunications)
Send PM
RyanCJW wrote:
It seems like a good portion of the R1 applicants received an interview invite - good luck with your interviews if they haven't already occurred!

Is anyone applying for R2? I scheduled my GMAT a little late and couldn't apply for R1 so I have applied for R2. I submitted my application last weekend. The deadline is approaching!

I'm applying for R2, submitted on deadline. No response yet. Good luck
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jarodelf wrote:
RyanCJW wrote:
It seems like a good portion of the R1 applicants received an interview invite - good luck with your interviews if they haven't already occurred!

Is anyone applying for R2? I scheduled my GMAT a little late and couldn't apply for R1 so I have applied for R2. I submitted my application last weekend. The deadline is approaching!

I'm applying for R2, submitted on deadline. No response yet. Good luck

Thanks! Same to you - look forward to seeing your updates.

I'm not expecting anything until December, just because of the holiday and because it seems that there are people interviewing into December so their office is probably extremely busy. Though it would be really nice to hear back sooner!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GPA: 3.43
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
I applied for the R2 deadline and am going through some mental anguish while I wait to hear from them. Any idea how long it could take?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Statistics
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I applied R1 and didn't hear anything until almost 3 weeks after the deadline. It's been less than a week since the R2 deadline. I don't think you have any reason to be anxious at this point.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
^^I never said there was a reason behind my worrying but I think about it every day and it is extremely nerve-wrecking to put yourself on a piece of paper, then submit yourself to an arbitrary panel to decide if you are a match for the program or not.

Grrrr.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
dstjonn wrote:
^^I never said there was a reason behind my worrying but I think about it every day and it is extremely nerve-wrecking to put yourself on a piece of paper, then submit yourself to an arbitrary panel to decide if you are a match for the program or not.

Grrrr.

There's more to it than that. Would you rather them take one glance at your profile/scores and decide that you're right/not right for their program?

There are a lot of aspects to the application, taking more than a week to go over them shows that they don't just throw out an application because of one lacking factor. I can understand your worrying but you've done everything you can do. Now just sit back and wait. Enjoy the feeling of the decision currently being out of your hands and hope for the best!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
done with my interview. It was not as straight forward as I had expected... the interviewer was quickly moving from one question to another, I hardly had any chance to relax.... he asked some bumper question which I did not expect. I had interview through skype and its echo was coming back and disturbing me, so I was irritated by the echo... be careful for this when you go for your interview. be ready to answer anything abt your essays and abt your target role/industry... dont fumble... My interview was around 30 min...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Well I got my interview invite, huge weight off my shoulders. Now I just need to go buy a webcam :-(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RyanCJW wrote:
ralphsong wrote:

Thank you so much! I got my interview invitation this morning. They are coming to Shanghai and Beijing on 3rd and 4th of January. Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Just had my interview with Andy Chen, Assistant Director of Admissions. The interview was at 9 a.m. in his office on campus.

The tone was conversational, and I felt pretty relaxed (except when I fumbled a question). Pretty standard interview questions: Why MBA now, What were your b-school selection criteria, What would be an ideal post-MBA job given your stated career goals, What are you going to get involved in to accomplish your goals while at Foster.

I'm probably just being too hard on myself, but I didn't have a very good feeling coming out of the interview. I did really well on the questions about my experience, motivation, goals... not so much about specific details of what I'm going to do in the program or in the future. I just hate telling people what I'm *going* to do, it seems so ingenuous... I'd rather just go and do it to show them. Meh, hate interviews. Oh well, just have to wait and see now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.76
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
had my i/v with carrie schnieder .. not usual questions .. .i'm nt feeling as good as i felt in some other i/vs . she tol me that i'l get the decision on 14th of Dec... :( . . .disappointed with myself !!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
faltuhaiye11 wrote:
had my i/v with carrie schnieder .. not usual questions .. .i'm nt feeling as good as i felt in some other i/vs . she tol me that i'l get the decision on 14th of Dec... :( . . .disappointed with myself !!

Hi,
Since you mentioned the the questions posed to you were'nt the usual ones, it would be great for others if you could post the questions.
Good luck with your applications.. :) Dont be disppointed... you never know!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts