Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink]
MediumOil2013 wrote:
Has anyone besides silvaware heard back regarding a Darden Interview? I'm starting to get pretty anxious since I haven't gotten an interview from Stern, or Darden.

Hey Medium -- I also (finally) heard back from Darden at the end of last week and got an interview invite.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Got an interview invite from Marshall today! Yay!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
machichi wrote:
rrossjd wrote:
No need to apologize, I agree with all your very valid points. Until now, in my lifetime, I've almost always shelled out the money to interview for that dream internship or job and never gotten the position. And, after failing so many times in the past, it's time to learn from those experiences and do things better in the future. For example, whenever schools are in my local area, I have and will continue to take advantage of those opportunities.

Additionally, by not understanding why applicants like me cannot visit far away campuses, schools are missing out on opportunities to make a positive impression and demonstrate interest as well. Namely, to access all those advantages you mentioned that flow from an on-campus interview, one must first possess the financial means and personal budget to incur related travel expenses. Simply put, I just don't have that kind of money at present.

Aren't you the same person that shelled out money on not one but two consultants? Your money situation is a bit befuddling.

That's very funny. :lol: Props for pointing that out. :lol: I really like your sense of humor. :lol:
Pretty sure, my essays would've been better and without typos if just one was hired. :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Has anyone recently gotten interview invites from Haas, Tuck, McCombs, or Tepper for Rd2? I haven't heard anything about interviews from those schools and am getting very concerned. Based on the above posts it looks like Haas might not be sending invites out for a while, but I havent heard much about the other three on this thread in Rd2.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
ldryan wrote:
Has anyone recently gotten interview invites from Haas, Tuck, McCombs, or Tepper for Rd2? I haven't heard anything about interviews from those schools and am getting very concerned. Based on the above posts it looks like Haas might not be sending invites out for a while, but I havent heard much about the other three on this thread in Rd2.

Received login information from Tepper a while ago, but nothing regarding an interview invite yet. :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
ldryan wrote:

I applied round 2 and received an interview invite from Tepper on Jan 23.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
ldryan wrote:

ldryan, Tuck has a very big focus on people scheduling their interviews and coming up to Hanover to show their desire/intent to be at Tuck since that is very much so a core thing that they look for as evidenced by their additional essay. Are you based in the US? If so they might have expected you to schedule an interview and show up.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
rrossjd wrote:
machichi wrote:
rrossjd wrote:
No need to apologize, I agree with all your very valid points. Until now, in my lifetime, I've almost always shelled out the money to interview for that dream internship or job and never gotten the position. And, after failing so many times in the past, it's time to learn from those experiences and do things better in the future. For example, whenever schools are in my local area, I have and will continue to take advantage of those opportunities.

Additionally, by not understanding why applicants like me cannot visit far away campuses, schools are missing out on opportunities to make a positive impression and demonstrate interest as well. Namely, to access all those advantages you mentioned that flow from an on-campus interview, one must first possess the financial means and personal budget to incur related travel expenses. Simply put, I just don't have that kind of money at present.

Aren't you the same person that shelled out money on not one but two consultants? Your money situation is a bit befuddling.

That's very funny. :lol: Props for pointing that out. :lol: I really like your sense of humor. :lol:
Pretty sure, my essays would've been better and without typos if just one was hired. :-D

then one could argue that your investment in the consultants may have led to better essays and application which may have been responsible for your full ride to vandy. if you ranked darden as your #1 then maybe its worth the $1k to travel there and eat that costs to save the 55k a year in tuition from a potential full ride. its an investment. no free lunches but consortium does a damn well good job at offering great opportunities, network, and a high fellowship chance compared to traditional applications. definitely not a bait and switch
Intern
Intern
Send PM
elleesie wrote:
ldryan wrote:

Received login information from Tepper a while ago, but nothing regarding an interview invite yet. :(

Yes, I receive invite for Tepper (R2) no word from UCLA or USC :(
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Received my interview invite from Marshall yesterday as well. Very excited.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.71
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Do any of you guys know when in March Fellowship decisions will be made?

Foster was kind enough to extend my deposit deadline until March 20th, and I'm hoping that this will give me enough time to find out about whether I made it into Yale and Ross, and how much financial aid I can expect from them. Fuqua isn't budging on their deposit deadline, which is February 27th, so even though it's a great school, I'm thinking of letting it go and falling back on Foster if UM and Yale don't work out.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Sales (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Just got invited to interview at USC! and Finally got an email from Stern saying that my application was received. Has anyone heard back from UCLA or Emory? Still waiting on those two and it seems like others are as well...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GRE 1: Q159 V160
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
egol7577 wrote:
Just got invited to interview at USC! and Finally got an email from Stern saying that my application was received. Has anyone heard back from UCLA or Emory? Still waiting on those two and it seems like others are as well...

I haven't received any info from UCLA - only that they received my Consortium R2 app and will review it with their regular R2 candidates (Decision deadline: 4/3).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
andreak wrote:
Do any of you guys know when in March Fellowship decisions will be made?

Foster was kind enough to extend my deposit deadline until March 20th, and I'm hoping that this will give me enough time to find out about whether I made it into Yale and Ross, and how much financial aid I can expect from them. Fuqua isn't budging on their deposit deadline, which is February 27th, so even though it's a great school, I'm thinking of letting it go and falling back on Foster if UM and Yale don't work out.

From last year's thread Schools were making calls to consortium fellows around 3/14
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
MBAConfused wrote:
From last year's thread Schools were making calls to consortium fellows around 3/14

Sounds about right, I received my call from Ross last year on 3/14 around noon.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Also, just a heads up for Ross Consortium applicants: I've heard there have been delays in when some Consortium applications reached Ross. My guess is that there is still a Consortium interview invite wave coming.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
method wrote:
Also, just a heads up for Ross Consortium applicants: I've heard there have been delays in when some Consortium applications reached Ross. My guess is that there is still a Consortium interview invite wave coming.

I have heard that as well that the consortium has been delayed in sending apps to Ross (and other schools). Best of luck guys
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts