Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 21:46 It is currently 22 May 2024, 21:46
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
italia86 wrote:
hey everyone - can anyone admitted in McCombs R1 or R2 speak about the decision notification timing? Does everyone generally hear the week of the decision notification deadline (end of March for R3 applicants) or will we hear before then? I just had my interview and was wondering if we all find out around the same time. Also, any international applicants: did you hear via phone or email? Thanks!

My notification deadline was on a Friday for R2, but I received a phone call on Tuesday evening informing me I was accepted. From the reports on the forums, they only began calling a few hours before I received my call. I am not international, though.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
italia86 wrote:
hey everyone - can anyone admitted in McCombs R1 or R2 speak about the decision notification timing? Does everyone generally hear the week of the decision notification deadline (end of March for R3 applicants) or will we hear before then? I just had my interview and was wondering if we all find out around the same time. Also, any international applicants: did you hear via phone or email? Thanks!

Yes, for round 1 people started getting calls about 8 days before the decision deadline, and they seemed to come throughout the following week. For round 2 I think the first batch of admits got an e-mail on the monday before the deadline, then calls and e-mails went out throughout the week.

Someone else will have to chime in regarding the international applicants.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
italia86 wrote:

In Round 2 we started getting emails/calls one week before the decision deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
italia86 wrote:

I'm an international and found out via email a few days before the deadline. I think they had some technical difficulties because they didn't change my status online for nearly a week. I still haven't received my mail packet yet...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
HowDidIGetHere wrote:
ldryan wrote:
I was just sent my UT ID today but havent gotten an interview as a round 2 consortium applicant. Anyone else in the same boat? Is this email automated or does it actually mean they are looking at my application. I saw that someone today got an interview invite.

I'm in the same boat. Received the email Monday as well. I can't tell if they've even looked at out applications yet. I know that it hasn't been loaded to the system. This new March 8 decision date has me nervous. All I want is an interview so I can feel like I at least kind of fit. Lol

Posted from my mobile device

I got another email today stating my app was incomplete because I hadnt paid the app fee. The previous email said to disregard this, but what gives? They are just importing my info to their system now?! I guess their website does say round 3 (which I assume round 2 consortium apps are lumped into given the timeframe) admission decisions go out on the 29th, so they still have a month to go. Will post this on the consortium thread too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GRE 1: Q164 V159
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
italia86 wrote:

Hi,

I am an international student. I applied in round 2 and got an acceptance email on 11th Feb.

Thanks,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GRE 1: Q760 V670
GPA: 3.47
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
alphawhiskey wrote:
Round 3 applicant here with no interview still: hmmm, anybody else in the same boat? I think the admission committee should tell those in libo that they are certain they will not admit that they are denied straight up like HBS do - I rather have that then this wait and hope.

Admitted folks: your thoughts on still not being invited to interview at this stage of the game? Dimming chances?

Just curious on y'all thoughts. The admission process seems very murky at UT-A. If they are doing Skype interviews (esp. last minute) - in theory they should be able to interview all that they deem "qualified" with enough help from the free labor of 2nd yrs.

I am in the same boat as well. I think the last day to interview is March 1st, so we have probably lost our chance. I have pretty much given up any hope.

I don't think that's quite true, hailmary. If we are to believe everything we read on the internet, then the admissions committee sends interview invites at any point in the process including all the way up until about March 22 or so. The 1st is the last day to interview for the most recent invitation wave (which was sent about Feb 23 or so).

Now, I'm realistic/logical, and agree that the longer the process rolls on the less likely good news will come. However, there is still hope. I'm just telling myself to let the process play out. Heck, maybe they prioritized the earlier interviews for people that were marginal cases because they knew that the later invited interviews would be no-brainers. :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Does anyone know if McCombs has somewhat fewer applicants in R3 because it is reserved for domestic applicants? (I'm applying from outside the US but I'm considered domestic) It seems I misjudged my profile and ended up applying to too many "reach" schools so I might need to apply to a couple more schools in this range.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
jxcho wrote:
Does anyone know if McCombs has somewhat fewer applicants in R3 because it is reserved for domestic applicants? (I'm applying from outside the US but I'm considered domestic) It seems I misjudged my profile and ended up applying to too many "reach" schools so I might need to apply to a couple more schools in this range.

I heard a figure on the order of twice the number of those who apply in first round, apply in second/third rounds.

Of course, this is just hear-say.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
Send PM
TonyMontana896 wrote:
Any current students on the forums here? I'm very curious about if and how McCombs places with mbb. I know Deloitte recruits heavily from McCombs, but do MBB come to campus and actively recruit MBAs? If so, how many are getting offers?

I also can't find very specific placement numbers at McCombs. The website has a list of companies that hire, but doesn't give any specifics. Does anyone have a source for this? I like to use Poets and Quants, but they don't have anything either on the McCombs profile page, whereas there are numbers for pretty much every other school. It's strange.

Anyone have any info/thoughts?

*crickets chirping*
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
TonyMontana896 wrote:
TonyMontana896 wrote:
Any current students on the forums here? I'm very curious about if and how McCombs places with mbb. I know Deloitte recruits heavily from McCombs, but do MBB come to campus and actively recruit MBAs? If so, how many are getting offers?

I also can't find very specific placement numbers at McCombs. The website has a list of companies that hire, but doesn't give any specifics. Does anyone have a source for this? I like to use Poets and Quants, but they don't have anything either on the McCombs profile page, whereas there are numbers for pretty much every other school. It's strange.

*crickets chirping*

I can't answer your question, but I'm curious as to what MBB is?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GRE 1: Q760 V670
GPA: 3.47
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
brosnan6 wrote:
TonyMontana896 wrote:
TonyMontana896 wrote:

*crickets chirping*

I can't answer your question, but I'm curious as to what MBB is?

The 3 top management consulting firms - McKinnsey, Bain, Boston Consulting Group.

I can't answer it either. I've seen other schools put their exact stats out there, but McCombs doesn't make it easy on you. I know an undergrad from UT that got recruited at one of the three on campus. So, they do show up there (or did).
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
I have few friends at McCombs and all MBB hire 1-3 MBAs each every year.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:

I had this question as well. Do you know if the firms come to campus to recruit then? Or are these just people who know somebody, or apply through other means? Either way, it sounds like chances are pretty meager right.

Does anyone know how hard is it to get an interview with m/b/b at McCombs? For example would having a scholarship and high GMAT on my resume at least get me an interview?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

I had this question as well. Do you know if the firms come to campus to recruit then? Or are these just people who know somebody, or apply through other means? Either way, it sounds like chances are pretty meager right.

Does anyone know how hard is it to get an interview with m/b/b at McCombs? For example would having a scholarship and high GMAT on my resume at least get me an interview?

During my campus visit, they made a point to mention Bain & Co. doing on-campus recruiting. Their omission of the other two implied to me that you had to travel to them to interview. Also, I wouldn't think a scholarship would give you any more weight in the process (just my guess), but I have heard they're looking for your GMAT score on your résumé (which you should only list 700+ scores).

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
USAFinDenver wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

During my campus visit, they made a point to mention Bain & Co. doing on-campus recruiting. Their omission of the other two implied to me that you had to travel to them to interview. Also, I wouldn't think a scholarship would give you any more weight in the process (just my guess), but I have heard they're looking for your GMAT score on your résumé (which you should only list 700+ scores).

Yeah you are probably right. There was a discussion (I believe in the Darden thread) about scholarships and how having one on your resume gives you a leg up in the recruiting, but it probably depends on the school, also I'd guess it's the prestigious fellowships and things that can set you apart.

Thanks for the info on Bain.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Sustainability, Operations
WE:Editorial and Writing (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Quote:
The 3 top management consulting firms - McKinnsey, Bain, Boston Consulting Group.

I can't answer it either. I've seen other schools put their exact stats out there, but McCombs doesn't make it easy on you. I know an undergrad from UT that got recruited at one of the three on campus. So, they do show up there (or did).

All three firms are listed in the viewbook as "top employers (both full-time and internship) for 2010-2011."

When I made a campus visit and asked about consulting, I was given the impression that all three were within range. It was also emphasized to me that a 700+ GMAT was a clear requirement for consideration.

That said, I think firms like Deloitte are a better target. I would also hazard a guess that Deloitte has a larger presence in Dallas and Houston and that could account for the heavier recruiting at UT. Just a guess though.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts