Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 00:13 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink]
Good points Arien. I wish there was a science to this process, but oh well.

Congrats on your admits!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Eamers wrote:
ldryan wrote:
soniaj wrote:
Have any R2 UT Austin folks had trouble scheduling an interview with an alumn in the NYC area? I have emailed 5 ppl on the list of 'NYC interviewers' but no one has responded.

Did you recently get an interview invite? Did you get a few strange emails from Shelley right before they started to review your application? I got an email today stating my app was incomplete because I hadnt paid the app fee. A previous email said to disregard this, but what gives? They are just importing my info to their system now?! I guess their website does say round 3 (which I assume round 2 consortium apps are lumped into given the timeframe) admission decisions go out on the 29th, so they still have a month to go.

To those who are having trouble with UT Austin McCombs, email Shelley Clifford directly. In January I emailed her and found out they had been having technical difficulties importing CGSM apps. As the process continued. I never received the fee waiver notice from her but one day saw on the UT EID status site that my fee had been waived... as soon as your fee is waived you need to upload your official transcript. I emailed Ms Clifford to notify her of the lapse in communication. Then 2 days before the 2/15 CGSM 1 notification day, she emailed me to say sorry for the late notice, but wondering if I could do a skype interview with her in the next two days. I interviewed on D-day. Then I was admitted the following week. Even when it came down to the notification of admission, there was a delay and I had to contact her. She is very nice and will respond quickly. It's definitely worth it if you are serious about attending McCombs.

Cheers!

I needed to read this. I agree. Shelley responds really quickly to questions and emails.

I'm in R2 but haven't had my fee waived yet. My application just went up on Tuesday, I believe. I'm just glad to know it wasn't lost. So I will keep hope alive and wait for a last minute interview. A previous email gave week of March 8 as decision time for Consortium applicants.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Operations (Health Care)
Send PM
RE: McCombs

Yep, I was just randomly checking my login info last week and I was able to upload my transcripts so I would urge you to try the same. I never received the fee-waiver e-mail prompting me to upload transcripts. I got my interview invite yesterday and will be interviewing tomorrow :shock:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Eamers wrote:
ldryan wrote:
soniaj wrote:
Have any R2 UT Austin folks had trouble scheduling an interview with an alumn in the NYC area? I have emailed 5 ppl on the list of 'NYC interviewers' but no one has responded.

Did you recently get an interview invite? Did you get a few strange emails from Shelley right before they started to review your application? I got an email today stating my app was incomplete because I hadnt paid the app fee. A previous email said to disregard this, but what gives? They are just importing my info to their system now?! I guess their website does say round 3 (which I assume round 2 consortium apps are lumped into given the timeframe) admission decisions go out on the 29th, so they still have a month to go.

To those who are having trouble with UT Austin McCombs, email Shelley Clifford directly. In January I emailed her and found out they had been having technical difficulties importing CGSM apps. As the process continued. I never received the fee waiver notice from her but one day saw on the UT EID status site that my fee had been waived... as soon as your fee is waived you need to upload your official transcript. I emailed Ms Clifford to notify her of the lapse in communication. Then 2 days before the 2/15 CGSM 1 notification day, she emailed me to say sorry for the late notice, but wondering if I could do a skype interview with her in the next two days. I interviewed on D-day. Then I was admitted the following week. Even when it came down to the notification of admission, there was a delay and I had to contact her. She is very nice and will respond quickly. It's definitely worth it if you are serious about attending McCombs.

Cheers!

@idryan - yes before getting the interview invite, i got an email stating that i had yet to pay my application fee. i believe that they are making final decisions on consortium students in the next two weeks, before the normal R3 folks get their decisions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
I also had some troubles scheduling my McCombs interview. I logged in the same day I received the invite (about two weeks ago) and saw no on-campus availability. I scheduled a Skype interview and emailed Shelley. I absolutely agree with everyone here that she is incredibly helpful and very responsive. She contacted my interviewer and was able to convert the Skype interview to an on-campus one.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
so does anyone know the actual date of the "draft", the day they will pick which school gives fellowship to which students. I'm guessing its the 15th but I hope its even earlier.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
joes310 wrote:
so does anyone know the actual date of the "draft", the day they will pick which school gives fellowship to which students. I'm guessing its the 15th but I hope its even earlier.

Stephanie Fujii of Haas said the adcoms will meet on March 11 and we will hear in the days following.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Send PM
Eamers wrote:
joes310 wrote:

Stephanie Fujii of Haas said the adcoms will meet on March 11 and we will hear in the days following.

So all the interviews have to be completed in the next 11 days. Is it still true that not one R2 has gotten an invite?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Kudos
joes310 wrote:

The actual date is 3/12. Some schools will start notifying on that day right after draft. I am sure schools are meeting on 3/11 to set up their draft boards.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
cole2012 wrote:
Eamers wrote:
joes310 wrote:

So all the interviews have to be completed in the next 11 days. Is it still true that not one R2 has gotten an invite?

I am wondering the same thing...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Stephanie Fujii of Haas said the adcoms will meet on March 11 and we will hear in the days following.[/quote]

So all the interviews have to be completed in the next 11 days. Is it still true that not one R2 has gotten an invite?[/quote]

I am wondering the same thing...[/quote]

There have been R2 invites for Haas. I know of atleast two people.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2783 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Eamers wrote:
joes310 wrote:

I can confirm Eamers' point. I was informed from AO's that all schools meet around March 11.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
tonebeeze wrote:
Eamers wrote:
joes310 wrote:

I can confirm Eamers' point. I was informed from AO's that all schools meet around March 11.

How many people receive fellowships? I heard it's around 60%.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
@urarunner2 That would be awesome.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
urarunner2 wrote:

Last year there were 380 full-tuition fellowships granted according to cgsm.com with no reference to number of applicants. Here's a more detailed article on the 2011 draft: https://management.fortune.cnn.com/2011/ ... mba-draft/ (2011 Summary: 3,011 applications to member schools, 980 applicants, 491 admitted to at least 1 member school, 323 offered fellowships, and an additional 152 offered membership only.)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Eamers wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:

Last year there were 380 full-tuition fellowships granted according to cgsm.com with no reference to number of applicants. Here's a more detailed article on the 2011 draft: https://management.fortune.cnn.com/2011/ ... mba-draft/ (2011 Summary: 3,011 applications to member schools, 980 applicants, 491 admitted to at least 1 member school, 323 offered fellowships, and an additional 152 offered membership only.)

I was told my CGSM rep that last year 1,000 apps, 500 cgsm members with 380/500 got full fellowship.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE:Marketing (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
cole2012 wrote:
Eamers wrote:
joes310 wrote:

I was a R2 cgsm haas applicant and was invited to interview on 2/11.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts