Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:44 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Desautels '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.7
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Re: Desautels (McGill U) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
caramia81 wrote:
how long does it usually take for a decision on application? if I submitted my online application on March 10 and had Minerva account documents complete on March 14 - when can I start getting nervous? :)

You submitted your application really close to the deadline so I would say maybe 3-4 weeks to get an interview. It usually takes about 2 weeks after the interview to receive a final decision.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.7
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
temuod wrote:
You submitted your application really close to the deadline so I would say maybe 3-4 weeks to get an interview. It usually takes about 2 weeks after the interview to receive a final decision.

so if everything goes smooth - i need to be ready for an invitation to interview some time mid-April, right?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
caramia81 wrote:
temuod wrote:

so if everything goes smooth - i need to be ready for an invitation to interview some time mid-April, right?

Yeah that's a good estimate
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
temuod wrote:
caramia81 wrote:
temuod wrote:

Yeah that's a good estimate

For me, it took almost 4 weeks for the interview invite and 5 weeks for the interview itself; Jonathan told me that it will take another 3 weeks for the final decision...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 181
Concentration: Leadership, Marketing
GMAT 1: 540 Q36 V28
GMAT 2: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 2.82
WE:Human Resources (Health Care)
Send PM
I just knew today that one of the Postgraduate transcripts may take till the beginning of May to reach me . This makes me very nervous only two days before the GMAT .Does anybody know if I can send the complete file then update it with an extra transcript ? my nerves are really freaking for the idea of losing this year's opportunity for a few days-delay after all this effort :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
TheNona wrote:
I just knew today that one of the Postgraduate transcripts may take till the beginning of May to reach me . This makes me very nervous only two days before the GMAT .Does anybody know if I can send the complete file then update it with an extra transcript ? my nerves are really freaking for the idea of losing this year's opportunity for a few days-delay after all this effort :(

Nona,

Desautels does not require the transcripts until you have been offered a letter of acceptance, no, I think they do not require the transcripts until you have paid the deposit fee. So, as long as you have a copy of the student's transcript you will be fine. Just scan your transcripts and complete the online application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
aa2012 wrote:
For me, it took almost 4 weeks for the interview invite and 5 weeks for the interview itself; Jonathan told me that it will take another 3 weeks for the final decision...

aa2012,

What is your GMAT score?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Dear Sally I really appreciate your kind care .Unfortunately this diploma does not offer a student transcript they only offer a certificate of completion ,and this is what making me highly stressed.In fact I am thinking of asking Jonathan but also afraid that this might give a negative impression
SallyGriffith80 wrote:
TheNona wrote:

Nona,

Desautels does not require the transcripts until you have been offered a letter of acceptance, no, I think they do not require the transcripts until you have paid the deposit fee. So, as long as you have a copy of the student's transcript you will be fine. Just scan your transcripts and complete the online application.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
TheNona wrote:
Dear Sally I really appreciate your kind care .Unfortunately this diploma does not offer a student transcript they only offer a certificate of completion ,and this is what making me highly stressed.In fact I am thinking of asking Jonathan but also afraid that this might give a negative impression
SallyGriffith80 wrote:
TheNona wrote:

Nona,

Posted from my mobile device

Nona,

I don't think that it will give a negative impression. If there were another choice then you could have taken that but I don't suppose there is one, right?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [2]
Given Kudos: 215
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
TheNona wrote:
Dear Sally I really appreciate your kind care .Unfortunately this diploma does not offer a student transcript they only offer a certificate of completion ,and this is what making me highly stressed.In fact I am thinking of asking Jonathan but also afraid that this might give a negative impression.

Schools understand that students come from countries with vastly different education systems to the Canadian/Quebecois. Wherever you are from, chances are that they will have had a student from there before. I would suggest you explain to Jonathan the situation, show him the document you have now, and also explain when/where you will have a more official document. It will NOT give the wrong impression.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Retook the GMAT for the second time today . I was scoring in my mocks the range of 600-650 , but was shocked today with a 550 !!!!!! Jonathan had encouraged me to apply after my first attempt (540) but told me I needed a minimum score of 600. Meanwhile , he told me that as a PR of Canada I have till the end of May to submit my official score. Thus , I will book a third appointment after one month from now , but to catch the application deadline (May 1st) is it possible to apply indicating my prospective booked date instead of my current score ? I intend to work on the test and the application simultaneously .

Thanks in advance . :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Ducksworth wrote:
TheNona wrote:
Dear Sally I really appreciate your kind care .Unfortunately this diploma does not offer a student transcript they only offer a certificate of completion ,and this is what making me highly stressed.In fact I am thinking of asking Jonathan but also afraid that this might give a negative impression.

Schools understand that students come from countries with vastly different education systems to the Canadian/Quebecois. Wherever you are from, chances are that they will have had a student from there before. I would suggest you explain to Jonathan the situation, show him the document you have now, and also explain when/where you will have a more official document. It will NOT give the wrong impression.

Dears Sally and Ducksworth , my sincere thanks for your valuable help :)
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
SallyGriffith80 wrote:
aa2012 wrote:

aa2012,

What is your GMAT score?

700 (Q -50, V-35, AWA - 4.5, IR - 8)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TheNona wrote:
Retook the GMAT for the second time today . I was scoring in my mocks the range of 600-650 , but was shocked today with a 550 !!!!!! Jonathan had encouraged me to apply after my first attempt (540) but told me I needed a minimum score of 600. Meanwhile , he told me that as a PR of Canada I have till the end of May to submit my official score. Thus , I will book a third appointment after one month from now , but to catch the application deadline (May 1st) is it possible to apply indicating my prospective booked date instead of my current score ? I intend to work on the test and the application simultaneously .

Do you believe this plan would work?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TheNona wrote:
TheNona wrote:

Do you believe this plan would work?

You might want to ask Jonathan about that
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
How does Desautels work for english speakers? Montreal the city you can easily get by only speaking english, but to work you pretty much need French to converse at work and with the ridiculous language laws and the PQ it only seems like it will get worse.

The job placements seem to be primarily in Quebec. Are there some industries where you can get by with only English or are most of these McGill students bilingual?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mistablair wrote:
How does Desautels work for english speakers? Montreal the city you can easily get by only speaking english, but to work you pretty much need French to converse at work and with the ridiculous language laws and the PQ it only seems like it will get worse.

The job placements seem to be primarily in Quebec. Are there some industries where you can get by with only English or are most of these McGill students bilingual?

There seems to be a common misconception about quebec and its language policies. A lot of people graduate from mcgill and work in quebec without knowing a word of french. I'm a mcgill alumni and many of my classmates landed jobs in quebec despite unfamiliarity with The language. However, i'd like to add that speaking french is a big plus if you plan on remaining in quebec.

It makes sense that most of the job placements are in quebec for mcgill just like most of the job placements for berkeley are in california. The advantage of the mcgill brand is that it enables you to find a job anywhere in the world if you do not want to stay in quebec.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts