Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:04 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: which US Bschools should i target? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Well, with your undergrad grades plus your lack of relevant experience, Top 20 may be a bit of a long shot, even if you hit 720+. I'd look more into the 20-60 range.
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Send PM
nehasingh1020 wrote:
Hi Prateek,

You have low acads, GPA and profile. I would suggest you to target 710+ GMAT score. With the given profile, you can target b-schools like: Rochester-Simon, Arizona-Carey, Ohio-Fisher, Purdue-Krannert, Boston-Carroll, Iowa-Tippie, Queens, Beedie-Simon, SDA-Bocconi, UCD-Smurfit etc. The lists comprises of many but these are few good b-schools with decent placements in finance post-MBA. You can also try your chances in b-schools by clicking https://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool

Feel free to post any other concerns you might have.

Cheers!!
Neha

prateekbhatt wrote:
Hi i want to know my chances for few good us universities..

10th- 49% (2003)
12th- 60% (2005)
Grad- Bachelor in commerce though distance learning from Tier1 university 43% (2009)
Grad repeated- Bachelor in commerce though distance learning from different Tier3 university 73% (2012)
Diploma in Aviation and hospitality from Edexel university (2010)
Diploma in Theater (2007)
Apart from this a lot of small certificates.

Work Exp- Small family garments business(small botique) So dont think adcom will consider it.
Want to do MBA in finance.

Have not taken Gmat but in mocks getting around 650- 680, i can improve a lot more and target 720.

So as per my profile which colleges should i target, i know my profile is not good neither i am targeting top 20 US Bschools. Kindly guide me.

This is a great help, Thanks neha...and as i said i am targeting 720 so the schools you have mentioned can take this profile as in the acceptance chances are there?(i know gmat and gpa is a small part of application and other things are also there) But my question is with Low gpa and no work ex can i prove to the adcom that since my gmat is decent i can be a good add on value to the batch.
Director
Director
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Well, with your undergrad grades plus your lack of relevant experience, Top 20 may be a bit of a long shot, even if you hit 720+. I'd look more into the 20-60 range.

Yes you are right and as i said i am not targeting top 20 but between 20 to 60 can you specifically tell me which schools should i look for which are more towards Gmat and can consider my low profile..?
Director
Director
Send PM
flaviaj1 wrote:
I am looking for the same thing.. leme know if you find any

Its all there in the thread buddy :)
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Well you may apply.
Best would be to write an e-mail to the MBA admission office and ask about your eligibility for the program.

Cheers!!
Neha

prateekbhatt wrote:
nehasingh1020 wrote:
Hi Prateek,

You have low acads, GPA and profile. I would suggest you to target 710+ GMAT score. With the given profile, you can target b-schools like: Rochester-Simon, Arizona-Carey, Ohio-Fisher, Purdue-Krannert, Boston-Carroll, Iowa-Tippie, Queens, Beedie-Simon, SDA-Bocconi, UCD-Smurfit etc. The lists comprises of many but these are few good b-schools with decent placements in finance post-MBA. You can also try your chances in b-schools by clicking https://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool

Feel free to post any other concerns you might have.

Cheers!!
Neha

prateekbhatt wrote:

10th- 49% (2003)
12th- 60% (2005)
Grad- Bachelor in commerce though distance learning from Tier1 university 43% (2009)
Grad repeated- Bachelor in commerce though distance learning from different Tier3 university 73% (2012)

Work Exp- Small family garments business(small botique) So dont think adcom will consider it.

Have not taken Gmat but in mocks getting around 650- 680, i can improve a lot more and target 720.

So as per my profile which colleges should i target, i know my profile is not good neither i am targeting top 20 US Bschools. Kindly guide me.

This is a great help, Thanks neha...and as i said i am targeting 720 so the schools you have mentioned can take this profile as in the acceptance chances are there?(i know gmat and gpa is a small part of application and other things are also there) But my question is with Low gpa and no work ex can i prove to the adcom that since my gmat is decent i can be a good add on value to the batch.
Director
Director
Send PM
nehasingh1020 wrote:
Well you may apply.
Best would be to write an e-mail to the MBA admission office and ask about your eligibility for the program.

Cheers!!
Neha

prateekbhatt wrote:

10th- 49% (2003)
12th- 60% (2005)

yep but the problem is that they never disclose the acceptance chances.. :|
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
prateekbhatt wrote:

True that. But very often you can extrapolate some sort of rough stat from the number of applicants, number of accepts and the yield.
Director
Director
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
prateekbhatt wrote:

True that. But very often you can extrapolate some sort of rough stat from the number of applicants, number of accepts and the yield.

Yes you are right...Also number of international students accepted..:)
GMAT Club Bot