Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 15:38 It is currently 01 May 2024, 15:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 510 Q34 V28
GMAT 2: 580 Q35 V35
GMAT 3: 640 Q34 V44
GMAT 4: 690 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.61
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72968 [1]
Given Kudos: 18900
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1371 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 634 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Re: Gone over material now what? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
bb wrote:

Ps knowledge is everything - practice questions are only 10-20% of your score. Of you solve 1,000 questions you will get 550 but if you are well versed in quant you will get 700.

Posted from my mobile device.

BB's quote is perfect. It's not a question of numbers. Don't rattle off 100 questions and expect to improve if you approach each the same way. Instead, think about each question as if you had to modify it. What is the question testing? What are the traps that people can fall into? What happens if I change this number or that number? I'd recommend doing that with a few dozen questions and see if your understanding of the material expands a little. If you can get to the point where you're building your own questions and modifying existing questions to set new traps, you'll be much better prepared for test day.

Hope this helps!
-Ron
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 510 Q34 V28
GMAT 2: 580 Q35 V35
GMAT 3: 640 Q34 V44
GMAT 4: 690 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.61
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Thanks for the feedback. Verbal is a matter of practice. I definitely recommend the GMAT sentence correction strategy guide by Manhattan. You can purchase the ebook at a cheap price. I also suggest that you redo the problems on the GMAT prep several times. Repetition seems to be effective as it familiarizes you with the traps that the testmaker uses for the verbal piece. Let me know if you need more detailed info. Happy to help when I can.

mejia401 wrote:
josemnz83 wrote:
400 official quant questions from Official Guide
230 official quant questions from GMAT Prep book
300 questions from Total GMAT Math (redo)

6 Manhattan prep tests (redo)
2 official GMAT prep tests (redo)

I scored a 640 on my last GMAT (35th percentile on quant; 97th percentile verbal.) I have spent the last 2 months since my last retake going over the material on Total GMAT MATH (book). I am mindful that reading over the material is useless without practicing the type of questions that will be on the test. Now that I have covered the material, how should I tackle the practice questions? (I listed the practice questions that I have available to study). Starting next week, I will have 4-5 hours available to study each day and I want to maximize my studying. If you feel that a retake would not be a good idea, please offer your opinion as well.

Thanks!

Jose

I believe Math is built only block-by-block, as BB stated, being well versed. This is how I see it: first, logic; second, basic arithmetic/statistics; third, algebra; fourth, word problems; and finally, the coup de grace, test management/execution. Anyway, I know my opinion isn't worth much..

There are some great links on how to improve your quant score.
a-way-to-increase-from-q35-40-to-q-138750.html

Nice verbal, any tips on the verbal piece?

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Quantitative Questions Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts