Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 21:14 It is currently 22 May 2024, 21:14
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4062 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
Re: Ask INSEAD Admissions [#permalink]
Hi Camille

I have a few questions reqgarding the INSEAD App process:

1. In my application and essays, I am planning to mention about college events that I won, college clubs that I was part of etc. Now, for these, I have the certificates with me. So, is it required to send them across alongwith the normal supporting documents? Would it strengthen my case if I send them?

2. Also, is it required to give proofs for other achievements/accolades received in the professional workspace?

3. Would Provisional degree certificate alongwith the final marksheets for all semesters be a sufficient supporting document as transcripts? Actually, I dont have the original degree with me since the convocation is still to happen.

Regards
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [2]
Send PM
Bookmarks
tl310 wrote:
Hi Camille,

I am a round 2 applicant for 2014 January class. I am wondering if INSEAD go through any background check, such as Kroll. I have a unique situation, where my payroll are actually from the parent company, while I work in its subsidiary. If so, I need to realign my information to both HR groups, in order to reduce confusion during the check.

Thanks,
Anthony Liang

Hi Anthony,

I hope all went well for you with the submission of your application :-) We will only do in depth background check if necessary ie conflicting/ confusing info in your application. However, it's likely that we will contact your recommenders. Another reason why you should chose them wisely.

Finger crossed :P
camille
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Send PM
FuzzyLogic wrote:
Hello INSEADadmissionsTeam,

I'm an entrepreneur planning to apply to INSEAD for Sept 2014 intake. Seems like INSEAD places a lot of emphasis on the fact that applicants should have worked or at least traveled abroad(and there's a part in INSEAD application that asks for this). However, unfortunately, I haven't have had this opportunity so far because I have been running my own business for the last 4 years and as an entrepreneur one has to be really frugal with money. Will this reflect negatively on my application especially because INSEAD places a lot of emphasis on this.
I can probably travel to Singapore/Thailand etc in the next few months to offset this but personally I think it would be more of a stunt just to offset my weakness on that area. Any thoughts ?

Hi FuzzyLogic,

That's a very good question. It is true that INSEAD really puts forward the diversity and international outlook of its student body but we don't rule out people who haven't had the chance to live or travel extensively abroad. However, it is crucial that you can demonstrate your 'international mindset'. For example, you work in a very international company or you deal with foreign customers on the daily basis. Maybe you love travelling and you did a one year trip around the world as a gap year and this changed your outlook in life... there are many ways to prove that you will thrive in a such diverse place as INSEAD.

In regards to your personal case about travelling to Singapore or Thailand, it could be a good idea if you combine the trip with a project like social impact, humanitarian, even starting a cooking blog about Thai food...I don't know but something meaningful. Of course you can go for a 2-week vacation and experience a full moon party in Thailand, but i don't recommend putting that type of experience in your application... :P

Cheers,
Camille
Send PM
alphagmat wrote:
Hi Camille

I have a few questions reqgarding the INSEAD App process:

1. In my application and essays, I am planning to mention about college events that I won, college clubs that I was part of etc. Now, for these, I have the certificates with me. So, is it required to send them across alongwith the normal supporting documents? Would it strengthen my case if I send them?

2. Also, is it required to give proofs for other achievements/accolades received in the professional workspace?

3. Would Provisional degree certificate alongwith the final marksheets for all semesters be a sufficient supporting document as transcripts? Actually, I dont have the original degree with me since the convocation is still to happen.

Regards

Hi Alphagmat,

1 & 2 - It’s entirely up to your own discretion what documents you choose to include in your application material. We give a list of “required” items, but the rest is for you to decide. It is up to the candidates to use their own brain to decide what might strengthen their app.

3 - Of course if you only have the provisional, then you can only send us the provisional… You'll send us the official degree certificate once obtained.

Cheers,
Camille
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
Hi Camille,

Thank you for your time. I'm applying for class of 14D starting in January and have been offered a place on the waitlist. Seeing this as a glass half full - I reviewed my overall application and try to seek possible improvements. A question on INSEAD's view on multiple GMAT scores:

In one of your posts regarding multiple GMAT scores, i understand that INSEAD may consider the highest score of individual section PROVIDED the second test does not show too significant a drop in the lower element. In a case, for example, GMAT tests have been taken with scores as follow respectively: V25/Q49 - V31/Q45 - V36/Q44. Looking at a 5 point drop in quant (but an increasing trend in overall score), would admission commitee still consider the score as V36/Q49?

Thanks in advance Camille I hope this info could be useful to other gmatclub members with multiple GMAT scores as well :)
Send PM
gmike wrote:
Hi Camille,

Thank you for your time. I'm applying for class of 14D starting in January and have been offered a place on the waitlist. Seeing this as a glass half full - I reviewed my overall application and try to seek possible improvements. A question on INSEAD's view on multiple GMAT scores:

In one of your posts regarding multiple GMAT scores, i understand that INSEAD may consider the highest score of individual section PROVIDED the second test does not show too significant a drop in the lower element. In a case, for example, GMAT tests have been taken with scores as follow respectively: V25/Q49 - V31/Q45 - V36/Q44. Looking at a 5 point drop in quant (but an increasing trend in overall score), would admission commitee still consider the score as V36/Q49?

Thanks in advance Camille I hope this info could be useful to other gmatclub members with multiple GMAT scores as well :)

Hi Gmike,
Sorry, it took me so long to give you such a short answer :lol:
Indeed, since your overall score improved and that you managed to better balance out your V and Q, we will consider that you have achieved the 70%+ in verbal and 80% + in quant, even though this wasn't achieved in the same test.

All the best for the waitlist
Cheers,
Camille
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
bagdbmba wrote:
INSEADadmissions wrote:
All you ever wanted to know about career trends, campus opportunities etc...
Check out this great interview from Katja, our Associate Director of Career Development Centre.

https://pagalguy.com/news/insead-there-no-significant-advantage-of-a-16559387/

Cheers!
Camille

Thank you Camille for sharing this Interview info....!

Second this. Insightful.
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Dear GMATClubbers,

Are you looking for some insight about the admission process @INSEAD, check out the new video!
Great tips on selecting your recommenders, writing your essays and the profile of people we are looking for.

VIDEO --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jngcu8fdnWo

Cheers,
Camille
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hai Camille

First, really appreciate you for the efforts you put in.

I am very much inclined towards INSEAD for its truly global nature and its fit for my career goal even though I have other schools in my list.

I would like to apply for Jan'15 intake because of some reasons.

I see that the R1 deadline for Jan'15 may fall in April'14.

1. Can I apply by Sep'13 itself for Jan'15 because other schools for which I am targetting have their deadlines before November'13 and the Final Decision dates before Jan'14??
2. And if I am allowed to apply by Sep'13, can I expect the notifications in 12 weeks??
3. Do essays change every year??

Kindly guide me on these queries as they are very important for me to take further decisions.

Thanks in advance
Hari.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Camille,

Thank you so much for posting your responses- I have just spent some time reading through your answers to others' questions which has been very helpful.

In many posts, you have mentioned the 70-75% percentile that you would advise applicants to reach. However, recently, GMAC changed their percentiles to account for the increasing number of people taking the test. I.e. the difficulty of getting a particular score (i.e. a 40) is the same, but the percentile that this represents is different.

I am a little worried as I have a 42 in quant and a 38 in verbal (650 overall) which I thought were reasonable scores, however currently their equivalent percentile ranking is 55th percentile for quant, and 84th percentile for verbal, with an overall 77th percentile ranking. I know GMAT is just one component of the overall score, but why does INSEAD choose percentile rankings rather than actual numerical scores, which truly reflect the difficulty level that candidate is capable of achieving?
Send PM
Dear all,

Check out our brand new video about INSEAD Career Development Centre for MBAs featuring Mary Carey our Career Development Centre Director. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDhfaKv0dEA

Cheers,
Camille
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hariprasad wrote:
Hai Camille

First, really appreciate you for the efforts you put in.

I am very much inclined towards INSEAD for its truly global nature and its fit for my career goal even though I have other schools in my list.

I would like to apply for Jan'15 intake because of some reasons.

I see that the R1 deadline for Jan'15 may fall in April'14.

1. Can I apply by Sep'13 itself for Jan'15 because other schools for which I am targetting have their deadlines before November'13 and the Final Decision dates before Jan'14??
2. And if I am allowed to apply by Sep'13, can I expect the notifications in 12 weeks??

Kindly guide me on these queries as they are very important for me to take further decisions.

Thanks in advance
Hari.

Hai

Pl suggest me on the above.

Thanks.
Send PM
Hi Hari, please find answers to your questions below:
hariprasad wrote:

Should you want to start your MBA in Jan 15, you must wait until next year as the application file will not be accessible in september 2013 yet. It is likely that you will be able to start applying before R1 for Jan 15 but not that early in advance.
If you apply for R1 Jan 15 (april 2014), you will get your final decision by end of June 2014.

No. INSEAD doesn't have on-rolling applications, which would means that we get back to applicant within 12 weeks no matter when you apply. We work in Rounds which means all applications are being processed as off the day of the deadline - from this deadline date it takes us about 12 weeks to finalise all applications.

No they do not. We haven't changed essay questions in some years, and we will not change the questions in the near future.

Cheers,
Camille
Intern
Intern
Send PM
INSEADadmissions wrote:
Hi Hari, please find answers to your questions below:
hariprasad wrote:

Should you want to start your MBA in Jan 15, you must wait until next year as the application file will not be accessible in september 2013 yet. It is likely that you will be able to start applying before R1 for Jan 15 but not that early in advance.
If you apply for R1 Jan 15 (april 2014), you will get your final decision by end of June 2014.

No. INSEAD doesn't have on-rolling applications, which would means that we get back to applicant within 12 weeks no matter when you apply. We work in Rounds which means all applications are being processed as off the day of the deadline - from this deadline date it takes us about 12 weeks to finalise all applications.

No they do not. We haven't changed essay questions in some years, and we will not change the questions in the near future.

Cheers,
Camille

Thank you so much.

That is really a valuable reply for me to make some decisions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Camille,

I would like to clarify the deadline for applications. I am currently applying for round 3 and the deadline shown under My Applications in iApply writes "Deadline: August 7th 2013 at 12:00am" which would effectively be the start of August 7th. However, on the INSEAD website and on all other documents, it states that the deadline is 23:59 Central European Time on the day of the deadline (so 23:59 on August 7th for round 3). Could you please clarify this? Thank you.
Send PM
MBANut wrote:
Hi Camille,

I would like to clarify the deadline for applications. I am currently applying for round 3 and the deadline shown under My Applications in iApply writes "Deadline: August 7th 2013 at 12:00am" which would effectively be the start of August 7th. However, on the INSEAD website and on all other documents, it states that the deadline is 23:59 Central European Time on the day of the deadline (so 23:59 on August 7th for round 3). Could you please clarify this? Thank you.

Hi MBANut,
Thank you very much for bringing this up! The deadline is 23:59 on August 7th - Paris time. I have brought up the mistake to the attention of the admission office and we'll make the change right away.

Best of luck to all our applicants!
Cheers,
Camille
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
INSEADadmissions wrote:
MBANut wrote:
Hi Camille,

Hi MBANut,
Thank you very much for bringing this up! The deadline is 23:59 on August 7th - Paris time. I have brought up the mistake to the attention of the admission office and we'll make the change right away.

Best of luck to all our applicants!
Cheers,
Camille

Thank you for the clarification. Another question: What is INSEAD's policy on late recommendations? The online application only allows the recommendations to be submitted after our applications are submitted. If the recommender is a day or two late in submitting his/her letter, does this mean that my application would be considered late and pushed to the next round? I know that some other schools have a grace period where they allow recommendations to be submitted 1-2 days after the deadline as long as the application itself is submitted so what is INSEAD's policy on this? Thank you very much.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts