Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 02:31 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink]
Hello Admission Team,
I am applying to Rotman for 2014. I see that the application page has allowed me to send recommendation to only 1 recommender. Although I have entered 2 recommenders for my application, I am not able to send them. I would like to know if the recommendation request mail would be sent to the recommenders only after I submit the application?

Thanks,
Janani
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Hello Janani,

I work with Claire on the Rotman Admissions team. To answer your question, no you don’t need to complete/submit your entire application for your references requests to be sent out. Reference requests will be sent as soon as you click the option to do so regardless of whatever other work you had done on your application thus far.

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Dear Admissions Team,

I am a prospective applicant to the Rotman MBA program for the class of 2016. Could you please share ,in what range are normally entrance scholarships awarded ? Does Rotman offer/plan to offer full tuition waiver for the coming batch?

Much thanks and look to hear from you!
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hello Juggernaut,

We typically award entrance scholarships ranging from $10,000-$40,000. About 15% of the class receives these scholarships. During your studies though, you are also eligible for additional scholarships based on your accomplishments in your first year of your MBA (so you get the scholarship to finance your second year of studies).

If students are sponsored by an employer, in those cases, the employer might pay the entire amount of tuition but that of course depends on the employer itself.

I should also note that beyond scholarships, Rotman has one of the most generous financial aid programs of any business school in north America- Without a Canadian cosigner you can get a loan from one of the banks here for the 50% of the tuition amount (if you get a Canadian cosigner it is 100% of tuition) and Rotman pays all interest on the loan until 2 months after you complete your studies. And after that, you are only required to pay interest (i.e. no principal) for 1.5 years. After which point you begin repaying the principal at increasing increments (so 1% of the principal for a year, then 2% and so on).

Hope that helps and good luck with your application!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Thank you Michael for your prompt response !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
Send PM
Hello Admissions Team,

I am in the process of writing my essays to apply for 2014 intake and trying to submit before 4th Nov so that I can be eligible for India Interviews. I have few questions and concerns.
Firstly, how does my application review gets affected if i apply close to the deadline at 4th nov is approaching and if it does get affected badly then do you suggest that i apply for round 2?
Secondly, I have sent my transcripts already to Rotman, will I get a confirmation on receipt?
and Lastly, if i get through Rotman then will my spouse get work permit while i am on student visa in Canada?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.74
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Dear admission team.

I have got a question regarding the requirements (full-time work experience). The thing is that in 2009 I graduate a college (Specialty - Tax and taxation), then studied at university (2009-31 January, 2013, Specialty Finance and Credit). While studying at the university (during evenings), for a couple of years I occupied full-time positions at an international company and my responsibilities included budgeting and budget controlling. As of July 2014 my postgraduate (post university) full-time work experience will be a year and a half. However, my postgraduate (post college) full-time work experience is more than three years already. The question is, whether my post college full-time work experience might be considered as relevant or not.
Thank you in advance.
Send PM
Hi Zeal,

Don’t stress too much over applying early rather than later. If one applies and they have an amazing application package that demonstrates the unique traits and experiences they will bring to Rotman, why they would be a stellar addition to the class, etc. we might admit them regardless if it is round 1 or even round 4!

So don’t rush- take the time to ensure every component of your application is as strong as possible.

Unfortunately we do not send confirmations of receipt of transcripts. But if once we process your file, we do notice your transcript is missing, we’ll let you know. Note that if you did need to resend your transcript, that would not adversely impact your application.

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Team,
Indian applicant, submitted my application on 11/3. I was applying so that I could have my interview during the QS Tour. I haven't received any mails yet. Does that mean all the interview invites are sent out?
Send PM
Hi Bullzeye,

We don’t necessarily interview candidates when we visit their home city. Sometimes we get lucky on timing and it works out conveniently but other times not- in which case we interview candidates via video skype. Note also that we interview most candidates that reside outside of Toronto via video skype.

It sounds like you applied as part of our round 1 of admissions, meaning you will hear from us (if you haven’t already) by Dec 13 at the latest.

Good luck with your application!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you so much for your assistance Michael! :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Hello Admissions Team,

I am looking to apply for the Morning/Evening MBA program and I have a question regarding work experience. I know that I should have more than the minimum requirement of 2 years work experience to be competitive. However, given the nature of job, I probably have to travel more often as I get more seniority. Therefore, I would like to start a part-time MBA earlier in my career. So my question is: would you consider co-op and internship experience? (I completed my work terms at the firm as I am with now)

Thank you,

Kami

Edit: I just want to add that I will have 2 years of full-time experience post degree by the start of the Morning/Evening MBA program.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Hi Admissions Team,

I am an Indian applicant and applied for Round 1 admissions. I got wait-listed in the process and thus i have a couple of queries.

1.) Does the admissions team provide feedback about the application ? This may help me strengthen my weak areas or justify anything that is unclear.
PS - I have already sent a mail asking for feedback but have not received any response yet.

2.) As i was going through a number of posts online about the wait-lists and how they are managed at b-schools, many sources suggest to timely keep the admissions team updated about my profile. So, is it fine to send timely notifications or is it a strict no ? I really want to attend the school as it fits perfectly with my requirements and would accept the offer without thinking twice.

Thank you,
Mohit Kaura
Send PM
Hello Mohit,

Because we were closed for the holidays that might explain the delay in response. Nonetheless, if you emailed us asking for feedback, whoever you met with on our admissions team will get back to you in the near future. Not to worry.

Regarding your second question, because each candidate’s situation is different some may want to go that route while for others it might not be necessary. I’d suggest asking this to the member of our team when you connect with them and they can advise on next steps.

Hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi There,

Had a couple quick questions. I am bravely aiming to try and apply for September start date - Part-time. What would be the latest in your opinion that I can write my GMAT, I was thinking 40 days before the last deadline date so that there is buffer room to re-write? The second related question is in terms of Scholarships and Financial Aid.

For Part-time programs what kind of aid is available? In terms of scholarships are there very many available? Is applying by the last round of applications seriously jeopardizing my chances?

Is there ever the case that a student is accepted and not able to get enough funding through banks e.t.c?

Thanks!
Send PM
Hi Zepplin,

Regarding how late to write the GMAT, it really depends on your comfort level with your score. Some people apply in round 1 to get the entire application process out of the way and leave plenty of time to rewrite while others prefer to make it a “one-shot” effort and will do the GMAT once in time for the final round deadline and apply (and ideally get admitted to the program :-).

For the morning/evening MBA programs, scholarships are offered. You can read about them here:
https://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... urMBA.aspx
They are awarded as candidates are admitted. Regardless when a candidate applies, there is always a chance they can receive a scholarship (assuming of course their profile is strong enough to warrant a scholarship in the first place).

Regarding paying for studies, in the above link it also mentions the student loan opportunities afforded to students in the morning/evening programs. If you can get a Canadian cosigner for a loan to pay for tuition you would be eligible for a loan for the entire amount of tuition (and Rotman would pay interest on that loan while you are studying). As a result, tuition is instantly paid for through that bank loan. :-)

Given the large financial investment involved in an MBA, students have typically done a great deal of research in advance in determining if/how they can afford to complete an MBA and as a result, understand if/how they can afford the program prior to beginning it.

Hope that helps,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Rotman '17
GMAT 1: 610 Q40 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.3
WE:Account Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi RotmanMBA,

My name's Rafael Colón. I'm 26, colombian, with a bachelor's in electronics engineering and a specialization in sales management. I have 5 years of work experience in the information technology and telecommunications sector. I am very interested in applying to Rotman's full-time MBA program for the class of 2017 and would like to ask the following questions:

1. Should I expect application deadlines this year to be similar to those of last year? Do you have official deadlines for Class of 2017?

2. Do you have additional information on job opportunities for international students in Toronto (Rotman MBA grads)? I've heard that Canada offers a 3-year work permit for international students.

Thank you very much!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts