Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 11:44 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Re: please evaluate my profile [#permalink]
Hi,

You have a decent profile and a very good GMAT Score. As per your profile and area of interest I would suggest you to target Columbia, Chicago Booth, Cornell University and Yale University.

The Business Schools you have chosen are excellent but I will suggest you to apply few more which I have suggested above as they have good acceptance rate and employment record. Also get in touch with the alumnus of B-School which you are targeting to know more about the B-School admission procedure.

You would need to cleverly prepare yourself for questions like the reasons you want to switch from IT to management, your rationale behind applying for a specific B school, so on and so forth.

The next step for you is to focus more on your application essays and recommendations for these Business Schools.

Please visit https://tinyurl.com/cnpsl4a to see more about online Essay Evaluation and Interview Preparation. If you are happen to based in Bangalore you can also attend the workshop organized by the alumnus of top business school and ISB admission team on 27th October 2013. You can register for the workshop here https://tinyurl.com/cjy62uh

Feel free to post any other query or concern that you might have.

Cheers!!
Neha Singh
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Neha Singh,

Thanks for your comment.

Is there chance if I can also receive fellowship applying columbia for early decision?

I appreciate your time and any more comment.

Best,
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hey there,

Thanks so much for the additional info! Definitely very helpful. You've got some really strong parts to your profile and what I particularly like is the fact that while you have a technical job, you have demonstrated ability on the business side of things as well. That's a pretty key component that a lot of times engineers can lack.

When it comes to the schools you've listed, I definitely think you should apply to them. Wharton is a stretch (but if you're trying for Finance go ahead and apply) but Booth and Columbia are more along the lines of stretch/aligned. I think getting scholarship money at Columbia is going to be difficult. Not impossible, but difficult. There are a lot of factors that go into scholarship award decisions and, honestly, the things we assess to determine your chances of getting in are only part of a larger picture when it comes to money.

I think you should also target a couple of schools in the top 15 range (so between Columbia and Johnson or so) to round out your apps and hedge yourself a little bit. Also, if scholarships are a key component for you, then the drop from top 10 to top 20 might be fruitful.

There are definitely some other school options to get into finance but it varies by region, type of finance, etc.

Let me know if you have any other questions - I'm happy to help!

Bhavik
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Oops. I responded in the other thread.
You have a good shot but positioning yourself as a transition to finance might not be the best strategy. Schools, like Columbia, are wary of double-career switchers (switching both function and industry) so if you apply with these goals you might wish to stay in the technology industry so you are only switching function.

Also, about the scholarship money. Usually (not always) more money is available as you apply to less selective schools. There is also usually scholarship money for different ethnicities or people with different career focuses. Check out the web pages of each of your target schools.

Good luck,
GMAT Club Bot