Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 03:50 It is currently 06 May 2024, 03:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
prodizy wrote:
mukakucing wrote:
I just got my interview invite as well. I submitted the application 5 hours before the deadline so I am surprised that they came back to me this quickly.

Since I'm non-US, I will do it through Skype.

Hi,

Is it incidental that both the invitees have a very high GMAT score? Are the applications sorted based on the GMAT score? Then it is a long wait for me before I get a call on my 700(if at all I get a call) :)

Yes I saw the pattern too. Well I guess high GPAs and GMAT scores sure catches attention. And if that is the case, I have a long wait.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Thanks luisoc1985 for posting this. However I am surprised to find out we need to send hard copies of the original transcripts? Is this what all schools do? I mean can I ask my school for more than one original transcript? Even if my school gives me one, it will take almost a month for me to get the transcript. Then how can I mail this to the USA with in one month? I am new to this process. So please bear with me. Anyone?

Best,
Prodizy

luisoc1985 wrote:
Indeed, it seems like the adcom is working hard. I sent the app 1 week before deadline, but that's extremely quick anyway.

I'm not in the US and will use skype, so no relation with being close to LA. Skype interviews start next week and mine will be in about 10 days.

This is the email

The UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions Committee has reviewed your application with great interest, and we would like to learn more through a personal interview. Please read this email carefully for all the steps to take as you advance in the process of being considered for admission to UCLA Anderson.

Interviewing
Please use your ApplyYourself log-in and password to select an on-campus interview or else an off-campus interview via Skype. We have no preference for either option and both are evaluated equally.

If you do wish to visit campus for an interview, you might like to register for a class visit too in order to experience our welcoming community to the fullest. You could also hand-deliver to us your document package as described below.

Kindly have your resume and photo identification with you for your interview appointment. For more information about interviewing with UCLA Anderson, please get prepared by reading our website for hints.

Official Scores and Academic Documents
To ensure the integrity of all potential MBA classmates, we require a complete package of official documents and scores prior to deciding whether to admit you. Within 30 days of this email, please submit to us:

- Official test scores, reported directly to us electronically for GMAT scores (school code 2NZ-2F-24) or by hard-copy for GRE scores (school code 0771)
- Language test scores, for candidates not educated in English for their undergraduate or graduate degree, reported directly to us electronically for TOEFL scores (school code 4837-02) or by official hard-copy for IELTS scores

- Original, hard-copy undergraduate academic documents, certified as official in original ink by your school, including:
* Transcript in the native language of your school's country, showing coursework and grades plus the exact degree awarded and its conferral date
* Degree certificate or diploma in the native language of your school's country, showing the exact degree awarded and its conferral date (if complete degree info is not on transcript)
* Translation of your entire transcript by a certified translator, if the native language of your school's country is not English
* Translation of your entire degree certificate by a certified translator, if the native language of your school's country is not English
* If applicable, transcripts for any graduate work that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider, especially if seeking to boost your English fluency profile

Please send all hard-copy documents together in one package to the address below, using a delivery service that provides you with tracking information. We will update your ApplyYourself account within 5-7 business days of receiving your package, so please check there for your document status.

Official Academic Documents
UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions
110 Westwood Plaza, Gold Hall, Suite B201
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1481
(Tel: 310-825-6944)

After your interview and document package are complete, we will review your entire file again and make our decision on your application by the published decision-release date. Please let us know if you have any questions, and we look forward to seeing you and your documents soon.

Thank you very much for your interest in UCLA Anderson!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
prodizy wrote:
Thanks luisoc1985 for posting this. However I am surprised to find out we need to send hard copies of the original transcripts? Is this what all schools do? I mean can I ask my school for more than one original transcript? Even if my school gives me one, it will take almost a month for me to get the transcript. Then how can I mail this to the USA with in one month? I am new to this process. So please bear with me. Anyone?

Best,
Prodizy

luisoc1985 wrote:
Indeed, it seems like the adcom is working hard. I sent the app 1 week before deadline, but that's extremely quick anyway.

I'm not in the US and will use skype, so no relation with being close to LA. Skype interviews start next week and mine will be in about 10 days.

This is the email

The UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions Committee has reviewed your application with great interest, and we would like to learn more through a personal interview. Please read this email carefully for all the steps to take as you advance in the process of being considered for admission to UCLA Anderson.

Interviewing
Please use your ApplyYourself log-in and password to select an on-campus interview or else an off-campus interview via Skype. We have no preference for either option and both are evaluated equally.

If you do wish to visit campus for an interview, you might like to register for a class visit too in order to experience our welcoming community to the fullest. You could also hand-deliver to us your document package as described below.

Kindly have your resume and photo identification with you for your interview appointment. For more information about interviewing with UCLA Anderson, please get prepared by reading our website for hints.

Official Scores and Academic Documents
To ensure the integrity of all potential MBA classmates, we require a complete package of official documents and scores prior to deciding whether to admit you. Within 30 days of this email, please submit to us:

- Official test scores, reported directly to us electronically for GMAT scores (school code 2NZ-2F-24) or by hard-copy for GRE scores (school code 0771)
- Language test scores, for candidates not educated in English for their undergraduate or graduate degree, reported directly to us electronically for TOEFL scores (school code 4837-02) or by official hard-copy for IELTS scores

- Original, hard-copy undergraduate academic documents, certified as official in original ink by your school, including:
* Transcript in the native language of your school's country, showing coursework and grades plus the exact degree awarded and its conferral date
* Degree certificate or diploma in the native language of your school's country, showing the exact degree awarded and its conferral date (if complete degree info is not on transcript)
* Translation of your entire transcript by a certified translator, if the native language of your school's country is not English
* Translation of your entire degree certificate by a certified translator, if the native language of your school's country is not English
* If applicable, transcripts for any graduate work that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider, especially if seeking to boost your English fluency profile

Please send all hard-copy documents together in one package to the address below, using a delivery service that provides you with tracking information. We will update your ApplyYourself account within 5-7 business days of receiving your package, so please check there for your document status.

Official Academic Documents
UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions
110 Westwood Plaza, Gold Hall, Suite B201
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1481
(Tel: 310-825-6944)

After your interview and document package are complete, we will review your entire file again and make our decision on your application by the published decision-release date. Please let us know if you have any questions, and we look forward to seeing you and your documents soon.

Thank you very much for your interest in UCLA Anderson!

Thats true. It takes a while to get the transcripts to the b-school even if you ask your undergrad college to send the transcripts directly to the b-school. In my experience, Anderson is the only school that asks for the transcripts so early in the process. Most of the schools expect the transcripts after making the admission offer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
nalin1 wrote:
prodizy wrote:
mukakucing wrote:
I just got my interview invite as well. I submitted the application 5 hours before the deadline so I am surprised that they came back to me this quickly.

Since I'm non-US, I will do

it through Skype.

Hi,

Is it incidental that both the invitees have a very high GMAT score? Are the applications sorted based on the GMAT score? Then it is a long wait for me before I get a call on my 700(if at all I get a call) :)

Yes I saw the pattern too. Well I guess high GPAs and GMAT scores sure catches attention. And if that is the case, I have a long wait.

Not sure if it helped me or not, but i did my undergrad at ucla.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.81
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I submitted on 15 Oct and have not yet heard about an interview. Anything other than bad news is good news! If I get an interview, I am not looking forward to requesting ALL transcripts w/in 30 days. As a military man, I've taken classes at a lot of institutions (I have a 6 transcripts in total!).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
I'm surprized by how quickly the Adcom is reviewing applications!
Anybody find details from previous years' threads about a similar turn around time and/or early interview invites going out to candidates with high Gmat scores?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
prodizy wrote:

Best,
Prodizy

Prodizy,

Yes, you can ask for more than one transcript. These would be certified and come as a sealed envelope.
I'm not sure if all schools do this, but I know Sloan has this policy as well.

If it takes time, better start now! Better safe than sorry I'd say, considering that you will be asked for transcripts somewhere down the line.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nalin1 wrote:
prodizy wrote:
mukakucing wrote:

Since I'm non-US, I will do it through Skype.

Hi,

I doubt if they have the applications filtered on GMAT score, still that is an interesting thought.
But at the end of the day, what matters is whether you received an invite or not.
The only difference would be that dreaded long wait
Retired Moderator
Send PM
sp88 wrote:
prodizy wrote:

Best,
Prodizy

Prodizy,

Yes, you can ask for more than one transcript. These would be certified and come as a sealed envelope.
I'm not sure if all schools do this, but I know Sloan has this policy as well.

If it takes time, better start now! Better safe than sorry I'd say, considering that you will be asked for transcripts somewhere down the line.

Hey thanks. I have requested one transcript a month back and I am yet to receive it :(

Best,
Prodizy
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
That was quick, submitted 10/22 on deadline, got interview request last night.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
mgh234 wrote:

Congrats mgh234! Hey you GMAT geniuses are making us anxious :) anyway all the best for the interview!

Best,
Prodizy
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
prodizy wrote:
mgh234 wrote:

Congrats mgh234! Hey you GMAT geniuses are making us anxious :) anyway all the best for the interview!

Best,
Prodizy

I wouldn't be too worried, they either auto interview or move high gmats to the top of their pile (since I submitted literally an hour or two before deadline). They just haven't gotten to your application yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Quick question - do all the transcripts we send need to be in the original school-sealed envelope?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
Hi Everyone. I received an interview invite last night as well. I submitted my app 6 hours before the deadline on Wednesday. Great to get the invitation, but am very surprised at the quick turnaround, considering my metrics aren't high.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
reesespieces2521 wrote:
Hi Everyone. I received an interview invite last night as well. I submitted my app 6 hours before the deadline on Wednesday. Great to get the invitation, but am very surprised at the quick turnaround, considering my metrics aren't high.

Thats good news for folks like me ;) Could you share more details about your profile ?

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
hashpipe wrote:
reesespieces2521 wrote:

Thats good news for folks like me ;) Could you share more details about your profile ?

Cheers!

I hope this helps.

White Male
GMAT 710
GPA 3.2 from Top Private University
WE: IT Consulting + Entrepreneurship
EC: Varsity Athlete, Community Service, Started Non-Profit
Goals: Entrepreneurship

Didn't seem like UCLA had a lot of space to put down all the EC's and Entrepreneurial Work, so I'm quite surprised by the invite, but more than gracious and humble.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE:Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
I submitted day before the deadline and received an invite last night.

Super excited :-D Any tips out there on interview prep?

Also, does anybody know if the official transcript they require would need to be sealed? I have an open one sitting next to me that I could submit in person... :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts