Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 15:47 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 15:47
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CBS '15 (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Re: Columbia: J-Term Calling all applicants: Class of 2016! [#permalink]
To all the waitlisted applicants, what other schools have you guys/gals applied to?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
ireallyneedsleep wrote:
lady1310 wrote:
I was just accepted to the J-term program this week, but I've applied to a couple other programs that start next fall and the notification date for those isn't until December. Does anyone know when you have to commit to J-term program? I'm ecstatic to be admitted to CBS - just wondering if I will be able to hear from other schools at all.

I think the commitment is 2k now and 1k by Nov 15, so total of 3k. I think its a good bet to just pay the deposits, start the process and still wait to hear from other schools and make a final choice later. In the long run, the 3k will be <3% of your total cost and will be more than made up by the extra months you work before going to Chicago/Kellogg.

I'm in a similar boat, so playing it safe by covering my bets.

In the exact same position, just pay it like I did and keep your options flexible! Will know your fate (just like me) by mid-Dec!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmatrockah wrote:
To all the waitlisted applicants, what other schools have you guys/gals applied to?

This is the only program I applied to.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
materialsdude wrote:
Hi guys. New to the forum. Also just got waitlisted for J-term. But apparently will have a phone conversation on friday with admissions. Anyone else in the same boat?

Hi materialsdude,

I am in the same situation with you. Did you call the adcom directly or you are invited to have a talk with them?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Waitlisters, would you mind sharing your stats?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Does any one get acceptance call today?? It is amazing no one in this forum get acceptance for these few busuiness days.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
falconer71 wrote:
ireallyneedsleep wrote:
lady1310 wrote:
I was just accepted to the J-term program this week, but I've applied to a couple other programs that start next fall and the notification date for those isn't until December. Does anyone know when you have to commit to J-term program? I'm ecstatic to be admitted to CBS - just wondering if I will be able to hear from other schools at all.

I think the commitment is 2k now and 1k by Nov 15, so total of 3k. I think its a good bet to just pay the deposits, start the process and still wait to hear from other schools and make a final choice later. In the long run, the 3k will be <3% of your total cost and will be more than made up by the extra months you work before going to Chicago/Kellogg.

In the exact same position, just pay it like I did and keep your options flexible! Will know your fate (just like me) by mid-Dec!

In the same position as well... The only thing I'm not sure about is student loans - as the deadline is 11/1 (or 3 weeks after acceptance), this is well ahead of when I would hear from other schools (none of which would start until next fall...) I assume you all are going to go ahead and apply for student loans now as well?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
Send PM
falconer71 wrote:
ireallyneedsleep wrote:
lady1310 wrote:

Glad to know I'm not the only one! Are you giving notice at your current job now or waiting? My plan was to give notice and put everything in motion for Columbia J-term.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
Send PM
In the same position as well... The only thing I'm not sure about is student loans - as the deadline is 11/1 (or 3 weeks after acceptance), this is well ahead of when I would hear from other schools (none of which would start until next fall...) I assume you all are going to go ahead and apply for student loans now as well?[/quote][/quote]

Actually, I was stressing about this today. I was too overwhelmed with the process to start today, but I was going to go ahead and apply for the loans. Were you able to log in to the Accepted Students website? My password wouldn't log in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone applied and not heard back anything yet? Seems most decisions have been made. Pretty frustrated with the waitlist but not much I can do!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
annalisegasp1 wrote:
Anyone applied and not heard back anything yet? Seems most decisions have been made. Pretty frustrated with the waitlist but not much I can do!

I've done interview and not heard back anything yet. Wait patiently...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I applied on 9/25(rec letter by 10/3) for J-Term and got dinged on 11/6. I have a family business background and I have less than two years of work experience. If CBS have a rolling admissions process, then why did they take more than 4 weeks to give me a rejection letter. Some candidates who applied on 10/2 have already got interviewed or selected or rejected. Did they have second thoughts on me or something else? Can anyone give me their opinions on this?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got a wait list. Really frustrated !!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all, anybody get off the waitlist recently?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Is anyone out there going to be foregoing their acceptance to CBS '15 for another program? Would be interested to hear how others are planning to deliver the news...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
IvyTexan wrote:
Is anyone out there going to be foregoing their acceptance to CBS '15 for another program? Would be interested to hear how others are planning to deliver the news...

This happened to me last year, applied late and got into Anderson with $$$$. Paid first deposit (had about 5 days to decide) but then decided I wanted to take another shot at CBS/Wharton/Yale etc. I arranged a call with Anderson adcom mentioning my situation (fiancee locked down on the east coast, just got a new lease on an apartment, etc.). Said they were sorry to see me go but encouraged me to apply again. No hard feelings. Never got that deposit back though :x

Gotten into a couple others this year as well. As for CBS, after $3K in deposits and knowing I'll get the degree a year sooner I'll probably just plow forward at this point. I mean to me getting a top 7 MBA in 2015 vs. a top 4 MBA in 2016 is a bit of a wash, but to each their own.

Best of luck to you regardless of what you decide! In a good spot to be in!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, did anyone manage to get off the waitlist recently?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts