Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:48 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT Date: 12-05-2013
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Accounting (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Re: US bschools beyond top 30 [#permalink]
Kudos
I don't agree with the response by Jon.. Every year that you wait to begin your MBA is another wasted year especially if you are unhappy with your current job.. There are quite a few schools that will accept your GMAT score.. Take a look at George Washington, Wake forest, Tulane etc.. All great schools
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
The best help I can give here dude: Don't rush. Forget about applying this year. Take your GMAT only when you are ready to get the best score you can possibly get, which should be more than a 600. You are young and you have lots of time, and having a higher GMAT will only help you out.

Hi Jon

You are right, i wont get through any of the school's below 600, trying my best to get that. But i have already taken gmat date and i have to apply in R2.Although i woudnt mind retaking if the school asks me to do so before R3.

But it will be great help for me if you can suggest me 5-7 schools based on a gmat score of 580-610.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SuperMarioVT wrote:
I don't agree with the response by Jon.. Every year that you wait to begin your MBA is another wasted year especially if you are unhappy with your current job.. There are quite a few schools that will accept your GMAT score.. Take a look at George Washington, Wake forest, Tulane etc.. All great schools

Kudos to you, Thanks

Can you suggest me few more schools i need 5-7 so that i can shortlist 5 and send my scores to them on my gmat day...

Thanks again.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
SuperMarioVT wrote:

Hmmmm. George Washington IS a pretty good school.... at which the Average GMAT is 630, just like Tulane... which means that getting in with a 530 will be tough to extremely difficult, even at these schools. And it rules out any chances of getting a scholarship.

I still think it's a better idea for PlanetEarth to retake the GMAT, especially since the jump from 530 to 600 should be feasible with a retake. And your investment in Bschool is not a short-term one, but a long-term one, so waiting a year to get into a better school is probably a wise decision.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Besides wishing to focus on finance, what else are you looking for in terms of location, career placement, environment, study body, pedagogy, etc.? This will help in offering advice to you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
SuperMarioVT wrote:

Hmmmm. George Washington IS a pretty good school.... at which the Average GMAT is 630, just like Tulane... which means that getting in with a 530 will be tough to extremely difficult, even at these schools. And it rules out any chances of getting a scholarship.

I still think it's a better idea for PlanetEarth to retake the GMAT, especially since the jump from 530 to 600 should be feasible with a retake. And your investment in Bschool is not a short-term one, but a long-term one, so waiting a year to get into a better school is probably a wise decision.

Thank you, i will get back to you with my real gmat score in 3 weeks..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAPrepAdvantage wrote:
Besides wishing to focus on finance, what else are you looking for in terms of location, career placement, environment, study body, pedagogy, etc.? This will help in offering advice to you.

what else are you looking for in terms of location-

Anywhere in US is fine, but if its near silicon valley then awesome.

career placement
Investment banking

study body

Not sure, if you mean Public or private then Public.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
If you are looking for jobs within investment banking then your GMAT score is doubly important, because both MBA schools and some investment banks (especially bulge brackets) will use your GMAT score in evaluating you.

Good luck on your retake and touch base with us afterwards.

Enjoy your weekend,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
GMAT 1: 480 Q48 V9
Send PM
Hi,
I am also falling in same range , 560 , toefl - 100, Wex - 40month

I am also taking the risk of applying around 4-5 colleges.

I agree with above comments, I have already appeared once and teh score was unstaifactory and it was 2nd time then significant 90 point increase...so I will say lets chat directly it will be easy for both of us to apply to colleges..
GMAT Club Bot