Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 19:52 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V37
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
bit wrote:
maalage wrote:
I got an interview invite for an interview in December. Anyone else got the same? I had submitted my application back in early September when it opened.

Me too. All the best.

I wasn't expecting the apps to be reviewed this early though. But doesn't matter - one step at a time right. Anyone else got an invite?

-Bit by Bit

Bit,

Can you please let us know when did you submit your application and when did you receive the invite?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
casach wrote:
bit wrote:
maalage wrote:
I got an interview invite for an interview in December. Anyone else got the same? I had submitted my application back in early September when it opened.

Me too. All the best.

I wasn't expecting the apps to be reviewed this early though. But doesn't matter - one step at a time right. Anyone else got an invite?

-Bit by Bit

Bit,

Can you please let us know when did you submit your application and when did you receive the invite?

Hi casach,

I submitted it just a few days before the deadline and the invite mail came day before. Wasn't expecting it to be that quick.
At first I saw the email subject and thought it would be just to say thanks for the app and we will review it soon or something like that but was amazed looking at the contents. :shock:
Excited and nervous now :|
Anyone else in the same boat?

As everyone is saying - looks like pretty much everyone gets invited for interview. So I think doing well in the interview will be the key.

Whats your status?

Originally posted by bit on 22 Nov 2013, 12:31.
Last edited by bit on 22 Nov 2013, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:

Hi casach,

I submitted it just a few days before the deadline and the invite mail came day before. Wasn't expecting it to be that quick.
At first I saw the email subject and thought it would be just to say thanks for the app and we will review it soon or something like that but was amazed looking at the contents. :shock:
Excited Now :-D

As everyone is saying - looks like pretty much everyone gets invited for interview. So I think doing well in the interview will be the key.

Whats your status?

-Bit by Bit

Well... may be not everyone :wink: I did submit it last month (with a caveat of retaking GMAT, since I got very low gmat score - of course after speaking to adcom) - So I am not sure if the adcom considers my application as R1 or R2.

I haven't seen any changes w.r.t status. It still shows received, so I am not sure. So either I am not in any round or in R2. :?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
casach wrote:
Quote:

Hi casach,

Excited Now :-D

Whats your status?

-Bit by Bit

Well... may be not everyone :wink: I did submit it last month (with a caveat of retaking GMAT, since I got very low gmat score - of course after speaking to adcom) - So I am not sure if the adcom considers my application as R1 or R2.

I haven't seen any changes w.r.t status. It still shows received, so I am not sure. So either I am not in any round or in R2. :?

Wish you all the best casach. Wondering why so less activity this time around on the forum. Hope more people join in. Riding the tide together will be more fun.
Goodluck with your GMAT if you are retaking it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Wish all good luck to those have received the interview. How many rounds do the adcom release the interview list? Anyone has the idea? say, i submitted the application this week (kind of last minute for R1). When do I expect the interview notice or status change?

Thank you,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
flyerrhappy wrote:
Wish all good luck to those have received the interview. How many rounds do the adcom release the interview list? Anyone has the idea? say, i submitted the application this week (kind of last minute for R1). When do I expect the interview notice or status change?

Thank you,

Based on previous year threads, I think there is no such thing called rounds for releasing the interview list. I have seen people getting interview invite in late Dec to early Jan. I guess it might be based on the GMAT & GPA.

But I have read it in admissions blog, which says, it depends on when your file gets picked up by adcom for review. Although I am not sure how adcom decides to pick one file over the other - most likely GMAT GPA combination :wink: I am sure its definitely not based on application submission date :wink:

@Packet & @atHaas

Am I correct?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Ok. My status is changed into "Invited to Interview" today. application was submitted in Nov, 20th, 10pm.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
casach wrote:
flyerrhappy wrote:

Thank you,

Based on previous year threads, I think there is no such thing called rounds for releasing the interview list. I have seen people getting interview invite in late Dec to early Jan. I guess it might be based on the GMAT & GPA.

But I have read it in admissions blog, which says, it depends on when your file gets picked up by adcom for review. Although I am not sure how adcom decides to pick one file over the other - most likely GMAT GPA combination :wink: I am sure its definitely not based on application submission date :wink:

@Packet & @atHaas

Am I correct?

I don't recall when I was invited for an interview, but I think it was 2-4 weeks after I submitted my application. They emailed me a link to sign up for an interview slot, which was roughly a week or 2 later. Interview happens during the weekday during working hours, so prepare to take half a day off or what not. The interview iirc was 45 mins.

Each round should get interviewed on its own, so if you've applied for round 1 you'll probably get rejected, interviewed, or waitlisted by start of the 2nd round.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
What can we bring to the interview? Can we bring awards or activity photos etc for the interview? adcom said they already have resume and candidates don't need to bring resume.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
flyerrhappy wrote:
What can we bring to the interview? Can we bring awards or activity photos etc for the interview? adcom said they already have resume and candidates don't need to bring resume.

I didn't bring anything but a pen and pad, which I didn't use. I think it might be okay to bring those things as long as serves a purpose. If someone brought in an award to show me, i'll be like ughhh... you know?

The interview is very casual and you get asked general MBA interview questions.
Questions I remember are:
"Why an MBA?"
"Pick one of the defining principles and tell me how you've illustrated that in your life"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Sleep deprived because of GMAT :cry: and little bit because my application is not moving- Well... with my gmat score I shouldn't be worried about not getting an invite but still... human tendency you know.!

All right, back to GMAT flashcards, BTW Happy holidays guys!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE:Programming (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Yes, happy holidays to all you folks! I suppose the interviews start rolling immediately after the holidays ... Anyone here having an interview on December 3rd?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Just got my interview invite as well. Looks like they are starting this week! Good luck to everyone :).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
2timesACharm, congrats! By your screen name, I assume you're a reapplicant like myself too? good luck!
I got mine this morning too :) good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE:Programming (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Yes, the interviews start from tomorrow ... All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
deeeeeweeee wrote:
2timesACharm, congrats! By your screen name, I assume you're a reapplicant like myself too? good luck!
I got mine this morning too :) good luck everyone!

Deeewee, yup am a reapplicant :). Good luck to you too!

Any updates on interviews done today?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
Any updates on interviews done today?

I guess maalage had his interview today. Lets wait for his/her update.

BTW my application changed to Incomplete, Reviewable with a note saying, no action is needed at this moment and the missing piece is only the official transcript, which I have to submit it if I am admitted.

Anyone else got any invite?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts