Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 17:38 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.67
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE:Human Resources (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.67
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
speedyb09 wrote:
In my Haas portal, it says a bunch of things are missing (such as my essays). Does it say this for all Consortium applicants, since we applied on a different portal and not everything has transferred over... or should I make an urgent phone call?

I'm not getting that message, the portal says everything is complete for me. The only specific note that I have on my status report is that they will require a transcript from my undergrad if I am invited to interview. If it were me I would call them about it...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Kudos
johnttea wrote:
speedyb09 wrote:
In my Haas portal, it says a bunch of things are missing (such as my essays). Does it say this for all Consortium applicants, since we applied on a different portal and not everything has transferred over... or should I make an urgent phone call?

I'm not getting that message, the portal says everything is complete for me. The only specific note that I have on my status report is that they will require a transcript from my undergrad if I am invited to interview. If it were me I would call them about it...

Hi Johnttea, I think what he meant was if you click on the "print your application" button you'll see that there's a bunch of stuff missing, but I e-mailed the admissions committee about a month ago to update some information (I had taken the GMAT over again) and they said that at that time my application was complete (It would take another two weeks until I got the official confirmation from Berkeley and log-in information to the personalized portal). So all in all I'm under the assumption that they have all of the information they need, they just didn't see the need to upload it into their system. That's just my guess.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Just got the phone call from Emory - admitted!

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
hopefulmba23 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
WE:Consulting (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
hopefulmba23 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Congrats!!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does anyone have an idea if Ross is still the only school telling those who ranked them #1 the status of their fellowship at time of decision? I reaaaaaally don't want to wait until March if I don't need to!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: Consortium Alum Launches Venture Capital Fund
Capital A Partners launched its first venture capital and private equity fund, focused on providing growth capital to early stage high growth ventures and small operating companies.

“The South Carolina entrepreneurial ecosystem is experiencing continuous growth and innovation”, commented David Mendez, General Partner of Capital A. Mendez is a Consortium alum, having graduated from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1993. “Providing this level of institutional capital to emerging companies in this underserved market is of tremendous demand and a significant opportunity for our investors,” he added.

Capital A is launching with its investment in Charleston-based Best Chefs America. Riding the wave of enthusiasm surround all things culinary, Best Chefs America started up in May 2012. Their team recently conducted more than 5,000 one-on-one interviews with chefs all over the U.S. to find out who the chefs think are the Best Chefs in America. The results are published in their inaugural edition which came out in March this year.

“We are excited about this first investment in Best Chefs America. The early momentum of the business, the proven business model, and the capital efficiency of their operation represents the type of investments Capital A will be making”, added Mr. Mendez.

Although initially focused and based in the southeast, the fund will also diversify its portfolio with investments in other geographies. For more information visit www.capitalapartners.com.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School Upcoming Recruitment Events
Open House & Interview Days

These events, taking place in September, October and January, will include a half-day overview of the full-time MBA program plus the opportunity to complete your admissions interview the same day. It will feature a preview of our Career Management Center, presentations from senior faculty, and an admissions workshop geared toward helping you best prepare your application. Please see below for all event dates, and click here to learn more and register!

Dates:

Friday, September 20th, 2013

Friday, October 11th, 2013

Friday, January 17th, 2013

REGISTER HERE

Inside Kenan-Flagler: Minority Preview Weekend

This event, targeted to high-caliber, underrepresented minorities applying for admission to UNC Kenan-Flagler’s full-time MBA program, will take place in December this year. It is a multi-day event designed to highlight the strength and diversity of the UNC Kenan-Flagler full-time MBA program and alumni network. Minority Preview Weekend is an invitation-only event and participants will have the opportunity to complete their admissions interview while in Chapel Hill. Please visit our website to learn more and to apply!

Dates:

Friday, December 6 – Saturday, December 7, 2013

APPLY HERE

Women’s Workshop

We will also host an event specifically for women planning to apply for entry in 2014 this November. Our Women’s Workshop is an annual opportunity for prospective students to assemble with UNC women in business for networking and informational workshops. Current students, admissions directors and the Career Management Center will provide helpful application tips and advice on preparing early for the job and internship search. This is an invitation-only event, and participants will have the opportunity to complete their admissions interview while in Chapel Hill. Please visit our website to learn more and to apply!

Date:

Saturday, November 9th, 2013

APPLY HERE
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: Indiana University Kelley In Focus Diversity Day
Each fall, the Kelley School of Business Full-Time MBA Program presents Kelley In Focus, a special event for diverse and talented candidates. As a founding member of the Consortium, the Kelley School has long championed the mission to support  African American, Hispanic American, and Native American candidates who have demonstrated leadership in educational and professional work experiences. See for yourself what the Kelley MBA Program is all about and enjoy the autumn brilliance of Bloomington.

This year’s event will be held on Monday, October 28th. The Kelley School will provide lodging and meals during the program; you’re simply responsible for transportation to/from Bloomington. All candidates are welcome to attend but an RSVP is requested. Visit the website for more information and to register.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: Wisconsin MBA Prospective Preview Day / Diversity Summit
Thursday, October 31 and Friday, November 1, 2013

Each fall, the Wisconsin MBA offers a Prospective Preview Day/Diversity Summit for prospective students. The event explores the business case for diversity, brings in keynote speakers and panels of experts, and provides time for reflection and open conversation.

The Diversity Summit also provides the opportunity to meet the staff and find out what the program has to offer:

• Learn more about admissions, student services, and career management at the Wisconsin School of Business
  • Learn more about the specializations offered as a part of the Wisconsin MBA
  • Take a campus tour
  • Ask questions of current students, alumni, and faculty
The Wisconsin MBA has reserved a block of rooms at the Doubletree Hilton Hotel (at a special rate of $129 per night) for Thursday, October 31 and Friday, November 1. The Wisconsin MBA program will cover half the cost of lodging for up to two nights for registered Diversity Summit guests (attending the event on Thursday, October 31 and Friday, November 1).

Additional University of Wisconsin-Madison lodging and travel information, as well as a map of Madison can be found here.

View the event agenda. We invite you to explore Madison!

Register for Diversity Summit—There is still time to register!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: The Georgetown MBA Experience Forums
Please join the Georgetown McDonough School of Business in one of the following cities below for our annual Admissions event. Whether you are looking to apply this year or want to get a jumpstart on the following year, you will not want to miss this evening.

Come meet our admissions team and learn what makes Georgetown McDonough a special place, along with tips for the application process.  Our experienced career services team will discuss the resources available to you and the return on your MBA investment.  Additionally, you will have the opportunity to hear from alumni on the value of a McDonough MBA.  The evening will conclude with a networking reception so that you can talk one-on-one with us as well.

Registration Details:

New York

Boston

Chicago

San Francisco

Los Angeles
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Call from Yale this morning! Admitted!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ceecee wrote:

Congrats!
Did they tell you anything about fellowship status?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
speedyb09 wrote:
ceecee wrote:

Congrats!

Good question, no, but I know that process takes place in the spring.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Interview invite from Cornell
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ceecee wrote:
speedyb09 wrote:
ceecee wrote:

Congrats!

Good question, no, but I know that process takes place in the spring.

Got it. I heard that some schools might be telling you upon your acceptance, although only if you select them as #1 -- so maybe Yale isn't doing that/they aren't your #1. Thanks for the update!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts