Last visit was: 09 Jun 2024, 13:06 It is currently 09 Jun 2024, 13:06
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 560 Q34 V34
GMAT 2: 640 Q41 V38
GPA: 2.6
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
Send PM
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
DG89 wrote:
stevenfuqua wrote:
joesolo wrote:
DG89,

When you referenced the 17-20 of December, do you know if Duke will be releasing decisions throughout the week or were you just talking about the week as a whole?

If I remember correctly, last year everyone got their decisions on the release day.

Ah, perhaps I should have been a bit more articulate there. Duke will release all decisions on December 20th (I don't know if some students get calls the day before).

The week of 17-20 is a tough one for me - Darden, Tuck, Booth and Duke decisions will be out in these four days.

Ah I see. Well, good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
For the folks that got accepted in the Early Admit round ... did you guys get a phone call from Adcom or did you have to wait till you get the email and if so...approx when was the email sent out?

the lady I spoke with in Adcom was pretty clueless she said she had no idea how Adcom is handling it for Round 1
Thanks
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [1]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Kudos
sword87 wrote:
For the folks that got accepted in the Early Admit round ... did you guys get a phone call from Adcom or did you have to wait till you get the email and if so...approx when was the email sent out?

the lady I spoke with in Adcom was pretty clueless she said she had no idea how Adcom is handling it for Round 1
Thanks

You will get a call from the member of Adcom on the day of the decisions. Duke is pretty good with calling everyone within a 2-3 hour time frame, so you won't have to wait much. And calls go geographically, so international, east coast, midwest, west coast and then south and south america. Good Luck!

Look out for a 919 area code.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Thanks that's very helpful
Did you get the call in the morning..afternoon or towards the end of the business day
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Send PM
sword87 wrote:
Thanks that's very helpful
Did you get the call in the morning..afternoon or towards the end of the business day

I got mine at 11:51 am ET and I am based in TX. I think I was the last one who reported on GC.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Sustainability
GRE 1: Q164 V160
GPA: 3.09
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
I just spent about 20 minutes stalking last year's thread for R1 decision notifications. I am now so. nervous. I thought my interview went well initially but then the more I thought about it the more I realized how nervous I was and that I might not have answered the questions!! These next 9 days are going to be TUFF.
Director
Director
Send PM
elisej09 wrote:
I just spent about 20 minutes stalking last year's thread for R1 decision notifications. I am now so. nervous. I thought my interview went well initially but then the more I thought about it the more I realized how nervous I was and that I might not have answered the questions!! These next 9 days are going to be TUFF.

You should be fine. If there is one interview where you can afford to be nervous in, it's Duke's. I remember being nervous myself too.

Congrats on Yale, another great school and Good Luck on 20th. Hope to see you at BDW
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Sustainability
GRE 1: Q164 V160
GPA: 3.09
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Thanks @hailmary - can't help but over analyze! Especially when it's a nice outlet from work. Nothing I can do at this point, might as well stop worrying. Que sera, sera, eh?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 620 Q40 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40
Send PM
Kudos
elisej09 wrote:

I feel your pain. I walked out of the interview feeling very confident but in the subsequent days started second guessing some answers and the overall impression I gave to the interviewer. There's not much you can do now so if you're finished with all your apps like I am then just enjoy the breather. Between our careers, the GMAT and countless hours working on apps, we all deserve a break and a drink or two... or three haha.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
nottonystark wrote:
elisej09 wrote:

I feel your pain. I walked out of the interview feeling very confident but in the subsequent days started second guessing some answers and the overall impression I gave to the interviewer. There's not much you can do now so if you're finished with all your apps like I am then just enjoy the breather. Between our careers, the GMAT and countless hours working on apps, we all deserve a break and a drink or two... or three haha.

I cannot agree more....I was happy for 5 minutes after the interview , and since then I am doubting my every single answer and frankly I am also thinking about the result day everytime.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Indian_MBA_aspirant86 wrote:
nottonystark wrote:
elisej09 wrote:

I cannot agree more....I was happy for 5 minutes after the interview , and since then I am doubting my every single answer and frankly I am also thinking about the result day everytime.

haha, it's a human feeling. I was on wait list for 7 months last year at Fuqua, and doubted my every single interview answer for 7 months - probably aged 70 months in 7 :)

Good Luck Guys! I am excited to meet my classmates.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
nottonystark wrote:
elisej09 wrote:

Mine was a little different. I felt I bombed it during the interview itself. It would be a miracle if I get an admit from Fuqua :(
Director
Director
Send PM
thereddevil wrote:

Mine was a little different. I felt I bombed it during the interview itself. It would be a miracle if I get an admit from Fuqua :(

Hopefully your strong GMAT will make up for it. Plus, we need some Germans in our class, so we can take a trek to Brazil and watch USA-Germany game together :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
hailmary wrote:
thereddevil wrote:

Hopefully your strong GMAT will make up for it. Plus, we need some Germans in our class, so we can take a trek to Brazil and watch USA-Germany game together :)

Mostly not, since I am an Indian IT guy living in Germany :). But I would love to be there in Brazil for the worldcup :-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: My 4 Months of Summer
Before my summer becomes too distant of a memory, I wanted to give a brief recap of the 4 months between my first and second year at Fuqua.

May
Day 1: No school, no recruiting, and my internship hadn’t yet started … I wasn’t really sure what to do with myself! I ended up going to the local hardware store and spent the next few days building some gadgets for my kids.

Moving into New York City for the summer.

Beach Week in the Outer Banks: My family and I rented a large beach house off the coast of North Carolina with some friends and their young families. There were 25 people total in one massive house for 7 days of kid madness and fun.

Moving to NYC: We jammed everything we needed into our car and drove straight into the big city. I was very glad the key given to us by our sublet landlord worked — you always wonder until you are there. We spent a couple weeks just hanging out and getting oriented.

June
First Day of Internship: I’m always amused by the “first day show” — good food, great speakers, and they make you feel so important to the firm. Then the second day comes and it’s down to business and back to buying your own lunch!

Ramping Up: My summer project was extremely vague. I had to “initiate research coverage” on a very broad sector of high yield bond issuers. Those first couple of weeks were mainly spent reading through 10-K, 10-Q, and Bond Indentures (300+ pages of pure legalese joy).

Enjoying a NYC Starbucks with my family.

July
4th of July: I was lucky enough to be excused from work for a couple days to meet up with my extended family in southern California. It was a lot of travel for a short visit, but very worth it.

Hitting my Stride: After weeks of doing my work the “hard way,” I started to figure out the short cuts and which areas to focus on. Many of the people on my desk were very helpful and shared tools and tricks to get the work done. It was during these weeks when I really started to feel the rhythm of the job and the joy of working again.

Hitting her Stride: My wife fell in love with the city (even with 2 young children!). She loved that there were so many things to do for kids and made instant friends with many people in our local church. Together, we enjoyed going out on dates throughout the city and hosting lots of family and friends who came through. She’s anxiously awaiting to see where we decide to move full-time following my graduation, and is crossing her fingers for New York.

August
80-hour Work Weeks: I’m no investment banker and most of my summer schedule was fairly manageable, but the capstone of my summer was one final presentation to the entire team of traders and researchers. I wanted to be as prepared and well-versed in the material as possible, and so those final weeks included long days.

Back to Durham: I felt a strange sense of relief when I officially wrapped up my internship and got on a plane back to Durham. When I landed and saw the greenery, I felt a sense of completion and relief signaling that I had done my best and learned a great deal through the summer.

I feel at home back in Durham, which is interesting because as a first-year, it kind of felt like being at “college” for most of the time. However, I realized that through my time and experiences over the past year, this place has become our “home.” I really enjoyed New York City, but I also love North Carolina. It’s good to be back and at Fuqua once again.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [4]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: CBS '16 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
OK, so here's my attempt to calm everyone(including myself) about the MBA interview process.

1) MBA interviews are different from job interviews in the fact that the MBA interview is one part of the whole application process. It is my understanding that many schools view it as only a portion of application (especially schools such as Fuqua that offer an open interview period).
2) It's possible to think that you bombed a job interview and still get the job or invited to the next round of interviews (I bumped into a table and spilled coffee on my interviewer during a job interview and was still invited to the next round).

If one believes those statements, then its entirely possible to think that you did poorly in an MBA interview and still get in. Especially since all of us have our doubts now and again. If all of us did as poorly as we think then we'd all be average right? ;-)

What I'm trying to say is there's no way of knowing how you did. No one is perfect. Heck, that's why were applying to get our MBAs (to get better, to improve).

I'm sure everyone here has done more than fine and has something unique to bring to Fuqua and other schools. Good luck to everyone and let's stop worrying about things that are out of our control!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 620 Q40 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40
Send PM
AdrianK86 wrote:
OK, so here's my attempt to calm everyone(including myself) about the MBA interview process.

1) MBA interviews are different from job interviews in the fact that the MBA interview is one part of the whole application process. It is my understanding that many schools view it as only a portion of application (especially schools such as Fuqua that offer an open interview period).
2) It's possible to think that you bombed a job interview and still get the job or invited to the next round of interviews (I bumped into a table and spilled coffee on my interviewer during a job interview and was still invited to the next round).

If one believes those statements, then its entirely possible to think that you did poorly in an MBA interview and still get in. Especially since all of us have our doubts now and again. If all of us did as poorly as we think then we'd all be average right? ;-)

What I'm trying to say is there's no way of knowing how you did. No one is perfect. Heck, that's why were applying to get our MBAs (to get better, to improve).

I'm sure everyone here has done more than fine and has something unique to bring to Fuqua and other schools. Good luck to everyone and let's stop worrying about things that are out of our control!

awesome post!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33  ...  82   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts