Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 02:52 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink]
BigUp wrote:
sobe1hopeful wrote:
latinomba360 wrote:
I applied to Consortium school round 1. My #1 school did not award me the fellowship. Do I still have a chance of getting the fellowship Round 2?

Hi latinomba360,

As long as you are admitted to your next schools you are still in the running for the fellowship. Your second ranked school has the option to offer you the fellowship next. But you will have to wait until the fellowship draft process later this spring, from what I understand.

So, the timing of this fellowship draft is not really optimal. I have been fortunate enough to get into a couple of my round 1 schools (non-consortium), but they require that I pay a deposit to hold my spot in the class in late feb/early march. The draft is in mid march. I would definitely attend one of these schools, but I'm hoping for the fellowship from my #1 consortium school...

Anyone else in a similar position? How would you guys approach this?

@latinomba360 only some Consortium schools are offering their fellowships with R1 decisions. I think from this thread we only know of 2 (maybe 3) schools that are doing this. I am assuming your #1 was one of these, otherwise you will have to wait until mid-March to hear if 1) you get membership into the Consortium and 2) if any of your schools offer you the fellowship.

@BigUp I am in a similar position. I was also fortunate to get into another R1 school (non-consortium), who offered me a favorable financial package, but I need to let them know my intent by late-February. However, I rather go to one of the Consortium schools I already got into. I'm taking the chance of hopefully getting a fellowship. Crossing my fingers I'm making the right choice. March can't come soon enough.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I was admitted to Ross Round 1 but was not offered a fellowship. I don't think that Ross will offer me the fellowship Round 2.

If Ross does not offer me the fellowship (most likely scenario), then I will be attending a non-consortium school. My other consortium schools put me on WL.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Does anyone know when the Consortium will send the R2 applications to the schools?

Non-Consort Anderson applicants are already getting R2 interview invites.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
JavertHL wrote:
Does anyone know when the Consortium will send the R2 applications to the schools?

Non-Consort Anderson applicants are already getting R2 interview invites.

It takes a week or two. You'll get an email when the consortium forward your app.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
latinomba360 wrote:
I applied to Consortium school round 1. My #1 school did not award me the fellowship. Do I still have a chance of getting the fellowship Round 2?

I was admitted to Ross Round 1 but was not offered a fellowship. I don't think that Ross will offer me the fellowship Round 2.

If Ross does not offer me the fellowship (most likely scenario), then I will be attending a non-consortium school. My other consortium schools put me on WL.

I think you might be misunderstanding the process. If Ross was your #1 Consortium choice and they didn't offer you the fellowship along with your admit, they will not have a 2nd opportunity to offer you the same thing. They are passing, and the schools you ranked #2 and lower will have the chance to offer you a fellowship in March. Round 2 is simply another deadline for new applicants, not a 2nd opportunity to receive a fellowship.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
braminc wrote:
latinomba360 wrote:

I think you might be misunderstanding the process. If Ross was your #1 Consortium choice and they didn't offer you the fellowship along with your admit, they will not have a 2nd opportunity to offer you the same thing. They are passing, and the schools you ranked #2 and lower will have the chance to offer you a fellowship in March. Round 2 is simply another deadline for new applicants, not a 2nd opportunity to receive a fellowship.

I may be misunderstanding the process also, but I thought that the first step is to be admitted to your schools, after which they determine whether they want to offer you the fellowship during the draft (and only then). Or is it that your number one choice has the option to give you the fellowship along with admission(at their deadline and not during the draft)? And if they don't, then you might get an offer from your number two school during the draft, but not your first choice?
Current Student
Send PM
BigUp wrote:
braminc wrote:
latinomba360 wrote:

I may be misunderstanding the process also, but I thought that the first step is to be admitted to your schools, after which they determine whether they want to offer you the fellowship during the draft (and only then). Or is it that your number one choice has the option to give you the fellowship along with admission(at their deadline and not during the draft)? And if they don't, then you might get an offer from your number two school during the draft, but not your first choice?

An Emory AdCom member explained this, so hopefully I can clarify. You're correct in that the first step is to get admitted. The second step is to gain admission to the Consortium. The third step is to hopefully receive a fellowship from one of the schools you ranked. These second and third steps both happen in mid-March. What's confusing is that this year, the Consortium is doing something new where some schools are offering candidates the fellowship along with their admission decision. However, this will only happen if you ranked the school as your #1. I only know of Ross and Yale that are doing this (there may be others, but I can't remember). Otherwise, we will all have to wait until March to hear about fellowship decisions - all in one "draft". Even though there are two dealines, there is only one "draft". This would lead me to assume that if you placed either of these two schools as your #1, and you didn't get the fellowship offer with your admission, then the fellowship option now passes to your #2 and lower schools in mid-March, similar to how @braminc explained it. Hope this helps.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
hopefulmba23 wrote:

An Emory AdCom member explained this, so hopefully I can clarify. You're correct in that the first step is to get admitted. The second step is to gain admission to the Consortium. The third step is to hopefully receive a fellowship from one of the schools you ranked. These second and third steps both happen in mid-March. What's confusing is that this year, the Consortium is doing something new where some schools are offering candidates the fellowship along with their admission decision. However, this will only happen if you ranked the school as your #1. I only know of Ross and Yale that are doing this (there may be others, but I can't remember). Otherwise, we will all have to wait until March to hear about fellowship decisions - all in one "draft". Even though there are two dealines, there is only one "draft". This would lead me to assume that if you placed either of these two schools as your #1, and you didn't get the fellowship offer with your admission, then the fellowship option now passes to your #2 and lower schools in mid-March, similar to how @braminc explained it. Hope this helps.

This really does seem to be true and it also took me back a little, as in if I didn't rank a school first and got admitted to that school in round 1, is there no way I'd be offered the fellowship in March if my top choice doesn't since they're extending all these offers already?
Current Student
Send PM
ceecee wrote:
hopefulmba23 wrote:

This really does seem to be true and it also took me back a little, as in if I didn't rank a school first and got admitted to that school in round 1, is there no way I'd be offered the fellowship in March if my top choice doesn't since they're extending all these offers already?

I'm not sure if I'm fully understanding your question. Not all fellowship decisions are coming out in R1. If your top choice doesn't offer you the fellowship with your R1 admission (again, I only know of two schools doing this - Ross & Yale), then the fellowship decision passes to your next ranked school (even if you got admitted in R1) in mid-March. If your #2 school also passes on you, it goes to your #3, and so on and so forth. So basically, schools you applied to in R1 ranked #2-#6 can still offer you the fellowship in March if your #1 (Ross or Yale) doesn't offer it to you with your admission in R1. If you didn't apply to those schools, like me, then it is just a waiting game until March.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hopefulmba explained it just as I understand it.

Ceecee - Only the school you ranked #1 has the opportunity to offer you a scholarship at the time of admission. If they elect not to admit you or admit you without the fellowship, then you will still have the opportunity during the March "draft" to get a fellowship from other Consortium schools (assuming you're admitted and they choose to give you the $$).
Current Student
Send PM
braminc wrote:
hopefulmba explained it just as I understand it.

Ceecee - Only the school you ranked #1 has the opportunity to offer you a scholarship at the time of admission. If they elect not to admit you or admit you without the fellowship, then you will still have the opportunity during the March "draft" to get a fellowship from other Consortium schools (assuming you're admitted and they choose to give you the $$).

I understand the process as much as you all do- I was admitted R1 to say school B which I didn't rank 1st. What I was concerned about was whether there was a decreased likelihood that I'd get a fellowship by school B in March IF school A which I ranked higher fell through. Since school B already handed out some fellowships before March, I'm wondering if there is less wiggle room come the official draft.

Like you all, early in the application season I imagined the draft process happening all at once, with all the Consortium money on the table in March. Now it seems there is less $ on the table for March since some has already been offered. I don't know all the deadlines for enrolling and putting in a deposit so maybe by March, some promised $ might be freed up with some admits declining the offers. Who knows really, was just speculating.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I see what you're saying. However, in theory those same decisions would have been made early in the draft in March. By the time your application was up for discussion, it is likely that there would be "less $ on the table." I don't think this is really a helpful way to look at it though since we don't really know the intricacies of the process.
Current Student
Send PM
braminc wrote:
I see what you're saying. However, in theory those same decisions would have been made early in the draft in March. By the time your application was up for discussion, it is likely that there would be "less $ on the table." I don't think this is really a helpful way to look at it though since we don't really know the intricacies of the process.

Not necessarily, if everything were done in march and say I was rejected for fellowship/admission by my 1st choice, that would leave me and another candidate who ranked that school first in the same position. The school might then decide that they prefer me over that other applicant and provide me the fellowship.

In any case, there's little use worrying yet when I haven't heard back yet from most of the schools I applied to.

Out of curiosity, any other admits from Consortium schools outside of Yale and Ross?
Current Student
Send PM
ceecee wrote:
braminc wrote:

Not necessarily, if everything were done in march and say I was rejected for fellowship/admission by my 1st choice, that would leave me and another candidate who ranked that school first in the same position. The school might then decide that they prefer me over that other applicant and provide me the fellowship.

In any case, there's little use worrying yet when I haven't heard back yet from most of the schools I applied to.

Out of curiosity, any other admits from Consortium schools outside of Yale and Ross?

Yeah, I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves as those are some really intricate possibilities that we don't have line of sight to. However, I tend to agree with @braminc. Regardless if they did everything in March or split up like they are doing it this year, by the time you get to your #2 school, there may be "less money on the table" from that #2 school because they'e already offered out their fellowships to those who placed them as #1.

As far as admits from other Consortium schools, I have been admitted to Emory and Georgetown (R1)
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Send PM
hopefulmba23 wrote:
ceecee wrote:
braminc wrote:

Yeah, I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves as those are some really intricate possibilities that we don't have line of sight to. However, I tend to agree with @braminc. Regardless if they did everything in March or split up like they are doing it this year, by the time you get to your #2 school, there may be "less money on the table" from that #2 school because they'e already offered out their fellowships to those who placed them as #1.

As far as admits from other Consortium schools, I have been admitted to Emory and Georgetown (R1)

@hopefulmba23

Did you get notice from Emory before the official notification deadline?
Current Student
Send PM
hopefulmba23 wrote:

Fab! I would've applied there too but my husband spent a lot of time in the South and wanted to be somewhere else. That's so great !
Current Student
Send PM
@hopefulmba23

Did you get notice from Emory before the official notification deadline?[/quote]

No, they called me on the official notification deadline
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts