Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 01:02 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
sp88 wrote:
akinift wrote:
Hey!! Has anyone got a call in India?

Not me.. Fingers still crossed.

Me neither. Hoping that it comes soon. Which locations have you guys opted? I've asked for New Delhi

Bangalore here
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Aakanksha: Mishra
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.9
WE:Other (Retail)
Send PM
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
sp88 wrote:
akinift wrote:
Hey!! Has anyone got a call in India?

Not me.. Fingers still crossed.

Me neither. Hoping that it comes soon. Which locations have you guys opted? I've asked for New Delhi

I have asked for Bangalore too
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 279 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Great to see a big Bangalore pool. Please keep us updated in case anyone gets the call. All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Bangalore as well. Hope the interview invitations come out soon!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [2]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Kudos
smithmo wrote:
Hello fellow GMATClubbers...I have applied R2, but not sure if I have received a confirmation email. Do they send an email, if so what does it look like? Thanks!!!!

You will receive a couple of emails. One regarding that you have paid the $$$ for the application(I paid by CC). The mail looks like this:

Your credit card has been successfully charged 250.00 USD on behalf of Kellogg School of Management. If you are not the primary account holder, please alert him/her to expect this charge. Disputed transactions may cause delays with the processing of your application.

Your reference number for this transaction is ABCDEF122345 (Or something like this :-D ).

The second one will be a confirmation email:

Dear "Applicant Name",

All of the required materials for your application to the Full-Time MBA Program at the Kellogg School of Management have been submitted. The admissions committee will now review your application.

Please click here to view the date you will receive a decision regarding your application.

Sincerely,

The Office of Admissions
Kellogg School of Management
Northwestern University
2001 Sheridan Road
Evanston IL 60208
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
smithmo wrote:
Hello fellow GMATClubbers...I have applied R2, but not sure if I have received a confirmation email. Do they send an email, if so what does it look like? Thanks!!!!

You will receive a couple of emails. One regarding that you have paid the $$$ for the application(I paid by CC). The mail looks like this:

Your credit card has been successfully charged 250.00 USD on behalf of Kellogg School of Management. If you are not the primary account holder, please alert him/her to expect this charge. Disputed transactions may cause delays with the processing of your application.

Your reference number for this transaction is ABCDEF122345 (Or something like this :-D ).

The second one will be a confirmation email:

Dear "Applicant Name",

All of the required materials for your application to the Full-Time MBA Program at the Kellogg School of Management have been submitted. The admissions committee will now review your application.

Please click here to view the date you will receive a decision regarding your application.

Sincerely,

The Office of Admissions
Kellogg School of Management
Northwestern University
2001 Sheridan Road
Evanston IL 60208

Thanks buddy for the reply :D I contacted Admissions and they sent me a nice little confirm. Best of luck to you!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1492 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
yuvrajsub wrote:
Great to see a big Bangalore pool. Please keep us updated in case anyone gets the call. All the best!

Hyderabad...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Student Perspective: Kellogg Alumni Network

There are a lot of things you need to think about when choosing a business school: reputation, location, student population, and proximity to a late night Taco Bell, among others. In my opinion, one of the most important considerations is the strength of the alumni network.

The sole purpose of the MBA isn’t to help you land a job after you graduate. Sure, that’s part of it, but it’s chiefly to set yourself up for future success. And as time has repeatedly shown us, it’s impossible to do so without the support and mentorship of others. Business school gives you the opportunity to join an elite group of professionals connected by a common experience and who genuinely enjoy seeing each other succeed in their endeavors. There are incredible alumni at all business schools around the country, but I want to take a minute to tell you why Kellogg’s alumni have blown me away with their commitment to supporting Kellogg students and how they truly embody the spirit of community.

There’s a fair amount of soul-searching in business school. While it’s important to come in with a vision of where you see yourself after graduation, you will learn about a ton of companies and positions you never knew about that make you question what you really want to do. My method of dealing with this self-reflection (other than staring out of my window on a rainy day while drinking red wine) is learning as much as I can about everything out there. Fellow students are a great source of information, but I also want to know what established professionals in the spaces I’m interested in are doing.  And so I turned to Kellogg’s Alumni Directory.

The Kellogg Alumni Directory

I filtered on my industry preference and found about 50 alumni. I identified about 20 that seemed to be doing exactly what I hope to do, and sent introductory e-mails requesting time to chat. It was the Saturday night before Christmas, so I figured I wouldn’t really hear back from anyone until early 2014. Instead, I had received five responses within the hour and another 10 the next morning – all eager and happy to talk to me about their experiences and my background and interests. From Managers, to VPs, to Presidents – no one was too busy to help out a fellow “Kellogg-er”.

Everyone I spoke with was incredible. They were honest and helpful, and some even offered to submit my resume to HR. Most of all, they gave me advice on how to best position myself to succeed, wherever I choose to go.

At the end of these conversations, I would thank them for their time, but their response was consistent across the board. This was their duty as a Kellogg alum, one they took pride in and one they enjoyed doing. They only asked two things:

• I stay in touch.
  • I pay it forward.
And so, prospective students, if you are looking for a long-term relationship with an incredible group of people, Kellogg is exactly the school you’ve been looking for.

Sheila Shah (@Sheila1030618) is a first-year student in the 2-Year MBA program. While at Kellogg, she’s focused on healthcare, innovation, and entrepreneurship and is involved in clubs from Board Fellows to High Tech.

Filed under: Admissions, Career, Student Life Tagged: alumni, alumni network, career, kellogg community
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Just wanted to see if you guys received a confirm email or your status on the application site gets updated once you schedule an oncampus interview. I just scheduled it this am (they extended the deadline to 5 pm cst today, thankfully).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Had my interview today for the MMM program. Killed it. Best interview I feel like I have ever had. I would be disappointed to not hear a positive outcome from Kellogg.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gambelda wrote:
Had my interview today for the MMM program. Killed it. Best interview I feel like I have ever had. I would be disappointed to not hear a positive outcome from Kellogg.

Did you do it on-campus? If so, which other visitation events did you attend while there?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Some people say that it is ok to share the stories used in the essays but some say it is not a great idea. What do you guys think? For Kellogg will the interviewers have access to the essays and would they have already read it?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
randomdude123 wrote:
Some people say that it is ok to share the stories used in the essays but some say it is not a great idea. What do you guys think? For Kellogg will the interviewers have access to the essays and would they have already read it?

For off-campus interviewers, they do not have your essays or application, they only get your resume. Thus, it is fair game to reference your essays if it helps. All interviewers should tell you whether or not they've read your essays, and it is ok to ask about their knowledge of your application in the beginning of your interview.

With that said, the downside to using essay stories is that the interview should complement and expand your application package. If you repeat stories from your essays and the interviewer mentions them (not knowing it's already in your essays) in their grading forms, you gain nothing in relaying information that's already there.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I applied on the final day (1/9) of the Round 2 deadline and requested for an interview in NYC. Did anyone who applied that late get an interview in NYC area?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
aksbliss wrote:
I applied on the final day (1/9) of the Round 2 deadline and requested for an interview in NYC. Did anyone who applied that late get an interview in NYC area?

i submitted mine a few days before the deadline, but my recommendations weren't in until last day. I got invite 3-4 days later.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
mgh234 wrote:
aksbliss wrote:

i submitted mine a few days before the deadline, but my recommendations weren't in until last day. I got invite 3-4 days later.

I see, thank u Mgh234!
Fingers crossed!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
1of2 wrote:
gambelda wrote:

Did you do it on-campus? If so, which other visitation events did you attend while there?

I attended no other events due to the craziness on I-94. It took me 6.5 hours to drive the 3.5 hour trip to interview and my interview was @ 4pm well after other events
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  59   60   61   62   63   64   65  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts