Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 05:32 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 05:32
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Thanks. That's a good idea; I didn't know there was an admitted students thread as well.

So who's applying in R3?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Does anybody know how to formally initiate an application feedback session for rejected applicants?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Somewhat of a silly question, but does anyone know when / if the admissions packets have been sent out (snail mail)?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Flyte wrote:
Somewhat of a silly question, but does anyone know when / if the admissions packets have been sent out (snail mail)?

It has been sent on Monday I believe. And please join the admitted students thread above. We better leave this thread for posts relating to admissions

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Yes, this post is best on the admitted students thread.
But to quickly chime in on your question about the admission packet, there really isn't that much in the packet. Most of the helpful info is online. The packet has a brochure, your official admit letter, and a nice gift.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GRE 1: Q161 V165
Send PM
Would scholarship letters have been included in the online admit letter? Or does that come later? Is it digital?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.71
WE:Analyst (Consumer Products)
Send PM
overmind1632 wrote:
Does anybody know how to formally initiate an application feedback session for rejected applicants?

Would like to know this as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
afabmp wrote:
Would scholarship letters have been included in the online admit letter? Or does that come later? Is it digital?

Scolarship information was shared during the admit call and later in the physical admit letter. There is no mention of it online.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GRE 1: Q161 V165
Send PM
BonzoX85 wrote:
afabmp wrote:

Scolarship information was shared during the admit call and later in the physical admit letter. There is no mention of it online.

Aw, shucks.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Tuck Women go to UCLA for Stock Pitch Competition

Michaela is a T’15 who lived in Asia before Tuck, working in sales and trading for a bulge bracket investment bank. She is pursuing a career in Investment Management after Tuck and will be co-chair of the Investment Club next year.

A few weeks ago, a team of three Tuckies traveled to UCLA to compete in the UCLA MBA stock pitch competition against 11 other top MBA programs in the US & Canada. 

Our pitch team (myself and two other first year women) competed at the Cornell Women in Investing Pitch Showcase back in November.  After having a wonderful time and recognizing how much we learned, we signed on to compete at UCLA through the Tuck Investment Club.   The format of the pitch competitions vary, but for UCLA we had one week to prepare two pitches: one from a pre-determined list of our first round stocks (we chose Deere & Company), and a final round buy or sell recommendation on Green Mountain Coffee Roasters.  In ill-fated timing, the stock selections were released the day before Winter Carnival, but we managed to get some work in over the weekend and also relax with our classmates at the Winter Carnival festivities. 

After choosing to work on Deere in the first round, we set out to consolidate our research into a presentation for each stock.  The formal 12-minute presentation in front of a panel of investment industry professionals was followed by a 20-minute Q&A session, so we worked hard to make sure each of us had an area of expertise for potential questions from the judges. We applied core concepts from our fall semester Management Communication course to create a cohesive presentation and ensure our verbal delivery of information was concise and easy to follow.  We utilized concepts from our Capital Markets and Corporate Finance courses to work on our valuation, and also spent many hours on one of the ten Bloomberg terminals in the Feldberg Library.

Before we knew it, we turned in our presentations and it was time to fly to LA.  We hopped on the Dartmouth Coach after classes wrapped up on Thursday and were at Boston's Logan airport in plenty of time to grab dinner and board our flight.

The pitch competition started bright and early on Friday morning, especially for those of us still on East Coast time.  As we greeted fellow competitors in the hotel lobby, our team was thrilled to see a familiar face from our previous Cornell competition- a female competitor from Booth.  As it turned out, our three-person Tuck team and our Booth friend accounted for all of the women in the competition, despite having over 40 competitors.  While our team looked different than many of the other teams, we were focused solely on executing the best pitch possible and representing Tuck to the best of our abilities.

After the first round concluded, we were approached by the Dean of UCLA Anderson who commended us on our team diversity and mentioned in her keynote remarks that she wanted more teams to be inclusive of women for next year’s competition.  In reflecting on why so few women compete at stock pitch competitions, I think the reasons are twofold: first, there are simply fewer women than men who are interested in pursuing a career in investment management.  The second reason likely has to do with inclusiveness of team selection at different schools, and that is where Tuck shines.

Our small community means that if you are motivated to do something, whether to start a club or compete as part of a Tuck team at an MBA stock pitch competition, you are likely to encounter encouragement from the MBA Program Office and support from your fellow students.  After we posted a picture of our team on the Tuck Facebook page and mentioned that we were the only all-female team at the competition, we received countless comments of support from T’14s and T’15s, and even had a hashtag: #GoTuckGirlsGo.  As a co-chair of the Investment Club next year, I look forward to continuing to encourage diversity on our pitch competition teams and ensuring that our process is as inclusive as possible.

Tuck alumni all over the world are generous with their time, so we were unsurprised to see that one of the competition judges was a T’86 who is a portfolio manager at a large West Coast investment firm. Thankfully, we couldn’t claim any special treatment as all teams competed under team monikers to eliminate any bias.

There are many opportunities for Tuck teams to participate in competitions with other MBA schools- from consulting case competitions, sports analytics, sustainable investing, real estate and stock pitches. It is a great way to work in teams outside of formal classes, to represent Tuck, and to network with other MBA students.  I highly recommend getting involved!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GRE 1: Q780 V690
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Kudos
overmind1632 wrote:

I was waitlisted and eventually dinged during the previous admissions year. To initiate my feedback session I believe I just emailed admissions asking for a feedback session. The session was an extremely useful experience. I took copious notes and made sure to note every area they suggested was a weakness in my application. Over the following 6 months, I attacked each weakness, reapplied, and was accepted! Tuck students and AdCom communicated to me that by utilizing the feedback session and making efforts to improve the areas they suggest, applicants have a much greater chance of admission. Tuck looks quite favorably on re-applicants that make a concerted effort to improve on areas of weakness.

My condolences on the ding, but if a Tuck MBA is your dream, don't give up. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V51
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
tbearthemizz wrote:
overmind1632 wrote:

I was waitlisted and eventually dinged during the previous admissions year. To initiate my feedback session I believe I just emailed admissions asking for a feedback session. The session was an extremely useful experience. I took copious notes and made sure to note every area they suggested was a weakness in my application. Over the following 6 months, I attacked each weakness, reapplied, and was accepted! Tuck students and AdCom communicated to me that by utilizing the feedback session and making efforts to improve the areas they suggest, applicants have a much greater chance of admission. Tuck looks quite favorably on re-applicants that make a concerted effort to improve on areas of weakness.

My condolences on the ding, but if a Tuck MBA is your dream, don't give up. Best of luck!

great information - thanks so much for your response. WOuld you be open to answering a few other questions regarding reapplying to tuck? Id love to send you an email or have a quick conversation if you are open to it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
tbearthemizz wrote:
overmind1632 wrote:

What were some of the feedback comments that you received? I am not applying to Tuck but I am just curious which specific areas admission committee views as important when making decisions.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: The Box Food Truck comes to Tuck

Though this isn't my personal story, I'm so proud of our friends who've worked tirelessly to bring this food truck to Tuck, that I had to share!

T'14 friends of ours (featured in this article) have been working over the past year to found The Box, Dartmouth's (and Tuck's) first-ever food truck.

The idea for their food truck business grew out of the Introduction to Entrepreneurship class both students took during their first year (winter term) at Tuck.  Since then, they've continued working on the project out of the classroom to refine their idea; construct a business plan and an infrastructure; build a team of other Tuckies, TPs, and undergraduates; and recruit supporters -- all to bring the idea to fruition.  One vital member of their team is actually a Tuck Partner who happened to work as an executive chef prior to moving to Hanover (for all of you prospective TPs curious about intersections between the partner community and Tuck, and finding employment opportunities in the Upper Valley!)

In any event, all of us here on campus are thrilled that the Box launched today (!!!) which means--for all you lucky ducks just starting your Tuck careers this fall--it will be serving lunch, dinner, and late night munchies to you when you arrive on campus this fall.

Check out the Box's facebook and kickstarter pages for more info!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tylerhogge wrote:
tbearthemizz wrote:
overmind1632 wrote:

great information - thanks so much for your response. WOuld you be open to answering a few other questions regarding reapplying to tuck? Id love to send you an email or have a quick conversation if you are open to it.

@tylerhogge I am not a re-applicant, I was accepted on first attempt but I would be happy to answer any questions you may have over the coming months before you reapply. Feel free to PM me your email address if you want. Tuck has got to look at re-applicants favourably. Because of the culture it has, Tuck really wants you to want them before they will admit you. If Tuck is the school you really want to go to, then reapply, apply in EA round, address the weaknesses from the feedback session and they will see that you really want to attend Tuck.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Tuck’s 12th Annual Business and Society Conference

The Center for Business & Society recently hosted its 12th annual Business & Society Conference, themed "Business as a Lever for Social Change."

Tuck faculty, staff, students, and industry leaders came together for two days of sessions covering everything from social entrepreneurship to climate change to ethics. Thursday highlights included a keynote address from Paul Carttar, partner and co-founder of The Bridgespan Group, which focuses on social innovation, enhancing the effectiveness of philanthropy, and scaling solutions that work. Friday's keynote panel featured Jeff Dykstra, CEO of Partners in Food Solutions, John S. Mendesh, Vice President of Research & Development at General Mills, and Pat Rogers, Vice President of Global Accounts at Cargill, Inc. The article When Big Corporations Help Small Farmers provides a great overview of the panel. 

The Business & Society Conference is Tuck's largest student-run conference. This year, Alexis and Avanti, both T'14s, took the reins with a passion for social impact and the help of six other classmates on the executive committee.

Head to the Center for Business & Society Blog for student perspectives on the conference, the Center, and your opportunities for social impact at Tuck and beyond. 

Student volunteers welcome attendees at Tuck’s Business & Society Conference

Alumni participate in a panel on making social impact outside of the office: Moderator Elizabeth Napier T’91; Margaret Rightmire D’92, T’96; Charles Crane D’82, T’83; and Carolyn Carr McGuire T’83

BSC co-chair Avanti Maluste T’14 presents keynote speaker Paul Carttar with a thank-you gift

Maggie Misztal T’14 talks with keynote speaker Jeff Dykstra of Partners in Food Solutions at the evening reception
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Tuck 2013 Employment Report
Tuck graduates continue to enjoy great career success, with employment levels and compensation rates for Tuck’s class of 2013 among the top MBA programs worldwide and alumni reporting  high satisfaction with their post-MBA industry, function, location, and organization. These successes are a direct result of Tuck’s personal approach to management education and its best-in-class career services. Read more in the 2013 Employment report.

Have questions, thought or feedback for the Career Development office? Let us know in the comments section at the bottom of this post.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  74   75   76   77   78   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6954 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts