It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 08:06

Live Now:

GMAT Verbal Live on YouTube: Join Now!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 0

Tuck’s 12th Annual Business and Society Conference [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2014, 04:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Tuck’s 12th Annual Business and Society Conference

The Center for Business & Society recently hosted its 12th annual Business & Society Conference, themed "Business as a Lever for Social Change."

Tuck faculty, staff, students, and industry leaders came together for two days of sessions covering everything from social entrepreneurship to climate change to ethics. Thursday highlights included a keynote address from Paul Carttar, partner and co-founder of The Bridgespan Group, which focuses on social innovation, enhancing the effectiveness of philanthropy, and scaling solutions that work. Friday's keynote panel featured Jeff Dykstra, CEO of Partners in Food Solutions, John S. Mendesh, Vice President of Research & Development at General Mills, and Pat Rogers, Vice President of Global Accounts at Cargill, Inc. The article When Big Corporations Help Small Farmers provides a great overview of the panel. 

The Business & Society Conference is Tuck's largest student-run conference. This year, Alexis and Avanti, both T'14s, took the reins with a passion for social impact and the help of six other classmates on the executive committee.

Head to the Center for Business & Society Blog for student perspectives on the conference, the Center, and your opportunities for social impact at Tuck and beyond. 

Student volunteers welcome attendees at Tuck’s Business & Society Conference

Alumni participate in a panel on making social impact outside of the office: Moderator Elizabeth Napier T’91; Margaret Rightmire D’92, T’96; Charles Crane D’82, T’83; and Carolyn Carr McGuire T’83

BSC co-chair Avanti Maluste T’14 presents keynote speaker Paul Carttar with a thank-you gift

Maggie Misztal T’14 talks with keynote speaker Jeff Dykstra of Partners in Food Solutions at the evening reception
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Tuck 2013 Employment Report [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2014, 15:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Tuck 2013 Employment Report
Tuck graduates continue to enjoy great career success, with employment levels and compensation rates for Tuck’s class of 2013 among the top MBA programs worldwide and alumni reporting  high satisfaction with their post-MBA industry, function, location, and organization. These successes are a direct result of Tuck’s personal approach to management education and its best-in-class career services. Read more in the 2013 Employment report.

Have questions, thought or feedback for the Career Development office? Let us know in the comments section at the bottom of this post.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2014, 06:20
Hey everyone,

With Admitted Student Weekend just around the corner, I was wondering if there's anyone around the Boston area that's heading up there Thursday night? Maybe we can carpool?

Perhaps this should be in a whole different thread but the convenience of posting here makes me lazy to start a new thread :)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 105

GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2014, 07:31
BSchoolProcessSTINKS wrote:
Hey everyone,

With Admitted Student Weekend just around the corner, I was wondering if there's anyone around the Boston area that's heading up there Thursday night? Maybe we can carpool?

Perhaps this should be in a whole different thread but the convenience of posting here makes me lazy to start a new thread :)

Hey try the Admitted Students thread! tuck-dartmouth-2016-class-calling-all-admitted-students-165078.html

Also try the admit fb group, there was talk of carpooling in there!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

2014 Admitted Students Weekend [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2014, 10:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: 2014 Admitted Students Weekend

Campus is abuzz with final preparations for Admitted Students Weekend (ASW) this upcoming weekend, Friday, 4/11-Sunday, 4/13.  Everyone's looking forward to welcoming you all!  There's so much in store for this weekend.

For folks who are undecided about their business school decision, it's an incredibly valuable weekend to attend.  Prospective T'16s will learn so much about Tuck and Tuck's value, and will have the opportunity to meet with current students, other admits, alumni, and faculty.  There's also lots of Tuck fun thrown in to give the full picture about what to expect out of Tuck education.

For admits who have already decided Tuck is the place for them, they'll also benefit from the information shared (can even get started with things like networking, job talks, clubs, housing, etc.), plus they'll get a preview of what's in store for the fall!

As a current partner, I should also emphasize that partners are invited and encouraged to attend ASW as well!  Running concurrently with student-specific programming are panels for partners about Life at Tuck (couplehood, parenthood) and in the Upper Valley, finding employment in the area, information for male partners/remote partners/international partners, and of course about off-campus housing (dorms are single-occupancy and for students only).

Questions, ideas, thoughts -- please comment!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Global Learning Expeditions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2014, 04:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Global Learning Expeditions

One of their most popular MBA enrichment initiatives, the Center for Global Business and Government (CGBG) organizes half-term-elective courses (for credit) called Learning Expeditions (LEs) each academic year. These faculty-led trips offer several benefits, including:

• Immersive experiential learning that takes place in the field, often in emerging markets and developing countries
  • Access to the people and organizations shaping the global business environment
  • Cultural experiences carefully designed by local experts
  • Opportunity to shape a global business perspective
  • Close interaction with Tuck's top faculty thought leaders

Learning Expeditions in 2013-2014, included trips to Brazil, China, Israel/Turkey, Spain, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, and Vietnam/Singapore.

As they adjust to being back on campus, student participants chronicle their Spring Break LE experiences to the United Arab Emirates, South Africa, China, and Vietnam/Singapore on the CGBG blog.

United Arab Emirates Learning Expedition 2014 - Theofanis Tigkas, T’15

China Learning Expedition 2014 - Elliot Gillerman, T'15

South Africa Learning Expedition 2014 - Tatiana Gulnik, T'15

Vietnam/Singapore Learning Expedition 2014 - Katherine Gray, T'15

Each fall, CGBG staff invites students to information sessions about the spring break courses. These sessions provide details about destinations, price, itineraries, and application process.

The Center for Global Business and Government was formed to ensure that Tuck students, faculty, and alumni remain on the leading edge of two of the most profound trends impacting business today – globalization and the broad, ever-changing role of government in business. Programs at the Center for Global Business and Government at Tuck are focused on learning about the intersection of business and government, which is fundamental to an MBA education and to every business leader’s career.  The Center focuses on MBA enrichment through the organization of on-campus and travel programs that address current global business and economic trends, as well as executive engagement by working with senior executives and policy makers, facilitating projects, and developing relevant papers and reports.

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3706 [0], given: 2420

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2014, 23:28
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting are conducting a webinar for the applicants got dinged this year. This is your opportunity to get expert guidance and build a smart strategy for the next application round/season. Webinar will be conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session - this is your opportunity to ask your specific questions.

One lucky attendee will get the opportunity to have his/her (dinged) profile evaluated by Jon Frank during the session. If you'd like to be chosen for this opportunity, please email info@admissionado.com with the subject line "GMAT Club Webinar - Choose me!". Please include your name, nationality, age, GMAT score and a list of schools where you were dinged. And please also attach your essays + resume + LORs from one of your applications. Winner will be notified via email on April 16th!

Here are the details of Webinar

Title :- Dealing with a Ding
Day & Date :- Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time :- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
NOTE :- There are only 100 spots available, so sign up early!

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3706 [0], given: 2420

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 13

GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GRE 1: 329 Q163 V166
GPA: 3.82
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2014, 09:25
Any insights on recommended attire throughout ASW?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 13

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

#WeAreTuck [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2014, 09:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: #WeAreTuck

We're thrilled to announce the recent launch of Tuck's community hashtag, #WeAreTuck; Tuck isn't just where you go, it's what you become.  Students, alumni, faculty, and staff are encouraged to share the special everyday moments (along with some of the more extraordinary!) that show their Tuck experience.

Search #WeAreTuck on Instagram and Twitter or visit Tuck’s Facebook page for more examples!

When in New England, do as the New Englanders do...and tap Maple trees for syrup! 

Having fun in the United Arab Emirates during a Spring Break Learning Expedition. 

Two T'14s tie the knot with many of their Tuck classmates there to celebrate!

For an overview of all of Tuck's social media outreach in one place, visit our website!  

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Why should you attend Tuck’s Military Visit Day? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2014, 05:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Why should you attend Tuck’s Military Visit Day?
Dan Bleicher T'15, grew up in Fort Lauderdale, FL and attended the USNA, graduating with a B.S. in Political Science.  Upon graduation he flew S-3 Vikings as an NFO and E-6B Mercury’s as a pilot.  He also served as the Executive Assistant to the Deputy Commander, Sixth Fleet while living in Naples, Italy.  Dan chose Tuck because of its tight-knit community, strong alumni network, and Hanover’s family friendly atmosphere.  Dan enjoys skiing, spending time with his family, and trying the Upper Valley’s latest microbrews.  He will be interning this summer at McKinsey’s Washington, DC office.

When I was applying to business schools, I knew that each one had its own culture, benefits, and yes, some even had drawbacks.  Whereas my Tuck classmates were able to seek information from their colleagues at their firms and banks (many of whom were alumni of schools such as Tuck), not a single person in my Navy squadron had attended a full-time MBA program.  To help make sense of the dizzying array of information available to me, I sought the candid advice and honest feedback from Veterans at every school that I was interested in possibly attending.

These former Vets helped me not only figure out if pursuing an MBA was the appropriate path, but also what steps I needed to take to get there.  The road to Hanover was long, but undoubtedly worth it.  In hindsight, the advice and guidance that Vets at numerous schools passed along to me were more valuable than any book or forum that I came across during the admissions process.  In addition to phone conversations, they offered to review my resume, met with me when I was on campus for my interview, and had their significant others reach out to my wife after I was accepted.

Fall A came with many surprises: the pace of coursework and the time required for recruiting were the major ones.  Another thing that surprised me was that by the second week of the term I was already talking to prospective T’16s who were serving in Afghanistan or onboard ships.  It was time to begin paying it forward.  By December the T’15 Vets had talked to dozens of activity duty military members who were contemplating an MBA or applying to Tuck.

One of the best pieces of advice that I received and now pass along: start early.  Each step in the process requires thoughtful preparation.  In addition to reaching out to applicants with military backgrounds, the Armed Forces Alumni Association has posted several common questions that we had when we were applying (they can be found here).

Along the “start early” theme, for the first time in school history, the Armed Forces Alumni Association and Tuck Admissions will host a Military Visit Day.  Geared towards Veterans who are in the first stages of exploring whether an MBA is right for them, this event will take place on Monday, May 12th.  Prospective MBA candidates will be able to get their questions answered about topics ranging from common mistakes Veterans make on their MBA applications to “how do companies that recruit on campus view military backgrounds?”

For more information about the Military Visit Day please click here.  If you cannot make the Military Visit Day, but are interested in learning more about the value of an MBA or the Tuck experience please feel free to reach out to any of the Tuck Vets!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2014, 19:16
Hi just wondering if anyone who applied in r3 heard from Tuck about interviews?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3706 [1], given: 2420

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2014, 05:50
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Thank you everybody who attended the latest webinar jointly organized by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting for the applicants got dinged this year.

For the members who could not attend this event, we have posted the webinar recording in the main post of this thread.

Check out this link for free ding analysis offer by Admissionado.

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3706 [1], given: 2420

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2014, 14:18
This post received
KUDOS
I applied R3 - got an invite to interview via skype in mid-April. One more week to go!

BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 145

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 04:58
Hello everyone! The boards sure have been slow!

With R3 decisions happening this Friday (exciting!), there have been a few questions to where admitted/matriculating students are at in the housing/dorm process.

Has the lottery been started for on campus living? When is the expected decision regarding on campus housing?

BSchool Forum Moderator

GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 05:46
gbrooks6687 wrote:
Hello everyone! The boards sure have been slow!

With R3 decisions happening this Friday (exciting!), there have been a few questions to where admitted/matriculating students are at in the housing/dorm process.

Has the lottery been started for on campus living? When is the expected decision regarding on campus housing?

The lottery happened last friday so people already know whether they have a dorm room or a spot on the waitlist. Deadline for accepting/declining the dorm room allocation is this friday.

BSchool Forum Moderator

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2014, 05:18

Good luck these next two days R3!

Predictions/Results:

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Schools: Booth '16 (S)
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 16:16

Last edited by zombieconsultant on 01 Dec 2014, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

BSchool Forum Moderator

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2014, 07:12
zombieconsultant wrote:
Hey guys! Hope you're all doing well.

Any news from R3 applicants? I applied R3 myself but have yet to hear anything. Should we expect phone calls?

Slim pickings today... they told all the EA, R1, R2 reduced waitlisters that the 2016 class was at capacity. Not sure what that means for R3'ers. Seems real quiet today.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2014, 09:44
This post received
KUDOS
I applied R3 and got a call about half an hour ago (good news!), so there are spots!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 44

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2014, 10:24
jp09 wrote:
I applied R3 and got a call about half an hour ago (good news!), so there are spots!

Well done! Were you also accepted at HBS in Round 3? Could you share your profile with us? I'd love to know what it takes to be admitted in Round 3.

Best,
bizwiz

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 44

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 16 May 2014, 10:24

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78    Next  [ 1557 posts ] 

Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap