Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:23 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V35
WE:Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10021 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V35
WE:Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: London Business School: MIF 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
SecondMBA wrote:
send2dar wrote:
Did anybody who applied in R3 hear from the school? Lott/ Laszlo/ Jezz/ Moaad - could you please help me know when we (R3 applicants) could hear from the school?

7th Feb I reckon ?

Anybody know of someone who applied in R3 and heard from the school?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Quote:

Morning,
if by heard you mean received an offer no. But at least a confirmation that your application is complete you should have received I assume. brlR as well as me were invited to interviews. I had mine and it was a pleasent and relaxed experience.

Sebastian
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SebastianS wrote:
Quote:

Morning,
if by heard you mean received an offer no. But at least a confirmation that your application is complete you should have received I assume. brlR as well as me were invited to interviews. I had mine and it was a pleasent and relaxed experience.

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian: congrats on the interview. When did you submit your application ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
SecondMBA wrote:
SebastianS wrote:
Quote:

Morning,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian: congrats on the interview. When did you submit your application ?

Thanks! Not long before the deadline for R3, but I would not speculate too much about this - in the end out of a handfull of observations, it will be hard to read anything significant out of it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any other invites ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
I received an offer yesterday, interview was on Jan 24th
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I've now researching for the LBS MBA and MiF programme and am considering whether to apply for the MiF programme in R4. Is R4 too late? Should I wait until the next year to apply.

Also, I'm struggling whether to apply for both the MiF and MBA programme. I'm a bit concerned that the School may put more resources on the MBA over the MiF programme in terms of career services. Can anyone share his/her insights?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Sunnyrainyday wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I've now researching for the LBS MBA and MiF programme and am considering whether to apply for the MiF programme in R4. Is R4 too late? Should I wait until the next year to apply.

Also, I'm struggling whether to apply for both the MiF and MBA programme. I'm a bit concerned that the School may put more resources on the MBA over the MiF programme in terms of career services. Can anyone share his/her insights?

I think partly a question of where you're coming from. If you need a student visa and visa processing for your country takes a while, you may want to think about gunning for next year

MiF has more focused content than the MBA, so MiF is best for those who know what they want to do already. The MBA is more general so it allows for more career exploration etc

Another factor to consider is the duration: the MiF is essentially a one-year programme while the MBA takes two years. If you need an internship to transition into a job you want, best to go for a two-year programme I think
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Also sharing for stats:

Got my interview notice a few weeks ago, done with interview already. Heard back from the admissions office and was told I might hear back on the decision this week, if not next week
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anybody taking advantage of the gmat waiver? I am CA from India, with a merit performance and CFA Lev-3 June 2014 candidate. GPA 4.0 in Bach of Commerce, Mumbai Univ. I have 4+years WE in finance and asset management. Peter encouraged me to apply in advance of GMAT. Awaiting anxiosuly for the adcom email.

Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 4
Send PM
commanderkeen wrote:
Sunnyrainyday wrote:

I think partly a question of where you're coming from. If you need a student visa and visa processing for your country takes a while, you may want to think about gunning for next year

MiF has more focused content than the MBA, so MiF is best for those who know what they want to do already. The MBA is more general so it allows for more career exploration etc

Another factor to consider is the duration: the MiF is essentially a one-year programme while the MBA takes two years. If you need an internship to transition into a job you want, best to go for a two-year programme I think

Sunnyrainyday - I don't think R4 is too late to apply, that's when I applied last year. I strongly encourage you to submit your CV to the admissions office before applying (as soon as possible) as they can also help guide your decisions - https://www.london.edu/programmes/mif/wh ... edfor.html

I do know they have already admitted quite a few students so far, but you have nothing to lose by trying this year - worst case scenario if they are low on places you can just apply again next year.

The MiF versus MBA choice is not an easy one; there are many things to consider and the decision largely depends on your own background, goals and preferences. If you want to message me some more details of your profile and career goals I would be happy to share my thoughts. Or for a more broad picture of my thoughts on the course, here is a review I did a few months ago: https://msfhq.com/london-business-school ... nt-review/

Commanderkeen is right in that the content of the MiF is more focussed, but then again you can do all the same finance electives on the MBA as you can do on the MiF.

The length of the course also used to be a bigger point of differentiation than it is now:
MiF - you can finish in 1 year, or if you want to do an internship you can stay on for a fourth term. We are only the second intake of MiFs that have had this internship option open to us and it is working well so far. We have access to the same MBA-level internships as our MBA peers, and in some specific areas (e.g. Markets) there are usually more MiFs at the final round interviews than LBS MBAs.
MBA - also quite flexible - 15-21 months (or 4-6 terms) so in theory you could be finished just as quickly as a MiF doing an internship and fourth term, though I don't think this is a very common choice.

Again, this is not a straightforward decision and should probably be considered case-by-case. I'm happy to answer any further specific questions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
binmahmood wrote:
renerd wrote:
Does anyone know why the salary difference between MiF graduates and MBA graduates at LBS is so high? Are job postings only for a specific programme?

This is what I am also interested in knowing. I have heard from alumni that the difference is generally between 15K to 20K. However, private recruiters say that salaries are based on the position level e.g. anyone going for an associate position should get the same salary regardless of an MiF or an MBA degree.

On the salary questions - I don't know too much about where the difference comes from. I will try to find out more about this and let you know if I have any update.

I assume it largely comes down to individual experience levels. All job postings for MBA, as far as I am aware, are also open to MiFs. This is something that Career Services have insisted on when dealing with recruiters. As far as I am aware, salaries should also be the same, dependent on position level. I believe that has generally been the case for job offers so far.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JezzC wrote:
binmahmood wrote:
renerd wrote:
Does anyone know why the salary difference between MiF graduates and MBA graduates at LBS is so high? Are job postings only for a specific programme?

This is what I am also interested in knowing. I have heard from alumni that the difference is generally between 15K to 20K. However, private recruiters say that salaries are based on the position level e.g. anyone going for an associate position should get the same salary regardless of an MiF or an MBA degree.

On the salary questions - I don't know too much about where the difference comes from. I will try to find out more about this and let you know if I have any update.

I assume it largely comes down to individual experience levels. All job postings for MBA, as far as I am aware, are also open to MiFs. This is something that Career Services have insisted on when dealing with recruiters. As far as I am aware, salaries should also be the same, dependent on position level. I believe that has generally been the case for job offers so far.

To add to this - I'm told the salary difference in the overall data is largely the result of where people work after graduation. For example, a higher proportion of MiFs are company sponsored and return to their original employer. Hope that helps.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 2.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
JezzC wrote:
JezzC wrote:

To add to this - I'm told the salary difference in the overall data is largely the result of where people work after graduation. For example, a higher proportion of MiFs are company sponsored and return to their original employer. Hope that helps.

Thank you Jezz, that explains the situation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everybody,

First of all this forum is awesome and has been a tremendous resource for me during the whole application process. I decided to accept my offer for London Business School and will be attending LBS starting August 2014 Master in Finance Program. Initially my offer has been conditional to GMAT, but this condition has been removed as of yesterday. I had two more opportunities which I closely considered one of them Frankfurt School of Finance & Management. However, I strongly believe that LBS is and will be my number 1 choice and I hope this decision has been made very wisely.

Since, I always loved reading through your profiles I will post my profile below. Please feel free to get in touch with me in case your accepted to LBS and I am looking forward to get in touch with you.

My Profile:

Born - Germany Age: 26
Undergrad - University of Muenster Business Administration Germany / San Diego
Work Exp.: - 2 Years Statistical Tutor during undergrad / 4 Years Full Time Investment Analyst & Financial Consultant after undergrad
Licenses - Series 66 & 7
Others - CFA Level 1, CFA Level 2, Scholarship CFA Level 3 (Still candidate Level 3), 4 Years out of country work experience
GMAT - Q47, V31

LBS Application:
- Round 1 December 2013
- Interview by February 2014
- Offer 1 week after
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TRohkemper wrote:
Hey everybody,

First of all this forum is awesome and has been a tremendous resource for me during the whole application process. I decided to accept my offer for London Business School and will be attending LBS starting August 2014 Master in Finance Program. Initially my offer has been conditional to GMAT, but this condition has been removed as of yesterday. I had two more opportunities which I closely considered one of them Frankfurt School of Finance & Management. However, I strongly believe that LBS is and will be my number 1 choice and I hope this decision has been made very wisely.

Since, I always loved reading through your profiles I will post my profile below. Please feel free to get in touch with me in case your accepted to LBS and I am looking forward to get in touch with you.

My Profile:

Work Exp.: - 2 Years Statistical Tutor during undergrad / 4 Years Full Time Investment Analyst & Financial Consultant after undergrad
Licenses - Series 66 & 7
Others - CFA Level 1, CFA Level 2, Scholarship CFA Level 3 (Still candidate Level 3), 4 Years out of country work experience
GMAT - Q47, V31

LBS Application:
- Round 1 December 2013
- Offer 1 week after

Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 2.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
TRohkemper wrote:
Hey everybody,

My Profile:

Licenses - Series 66 & 7
GMAT - Q47, V31

LBS Application:
- Round 1 December 2013
- Offer 1 week after

Congrats Buddy! I am envious

I applied in Round 4 in March and they didn’t even bother interviewing me, although they encouraged me to apply after reviewing my CV.

My profile:
Born – Pakistan: Age 29
Undergrad – BBA from University of Karachi, Pakistan
Masters – MBA from University of Karachi, Pakistan
Work exp – 6 years in corporate finance and equity research, currently working as a Manager in the listed securities wing of Pakistan’s biggest stock exchange (2 years out of country experience). Also 1 year part time experience as content writer for a CFA notes publisher based out of the US and 1 year for a CFA live prep provided in the UAE.
Others – CFA charter holder and certified FRM
GMAT – Q48, V30

I don’t know where and what I did wrong :-(, or may be the competition might have been tough in the 4th round.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts