Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:06 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51449 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: London Business School: MIF 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
ShareYourBRL wrote:
Hi guys, I am in the middle of a hard decision here.

I have all my application ready to be sent now in R2, but I have underperformed at GMAT (got 640, was expecting 700+), I will seat again for GMAT. I don't know if I should apply now with this score and if I do not succeed I may apply again with a higher score or if I let R2 go and apply just in R3 with my new hopefully-higher GMAT score. Would like opinions.

Thank you,

CV: 5yrs experience (3 risk departmente+2 trading desk), CFA I and II, engineering background (w/ good average)

Hi,

My advice on this would be to hold out for R3 and try to improve your GMAT score, particularly if you're convinced you can get a higher score. My understanding is that there is no advantage to applying to R2 over R3, the only real disadvantage is if applying in R5 as most places have gone by then.

You could also contact the admissions office to explain your situation and ask for guidance - they are very friendly and helpful.

Best of luck,
Jezz
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS '14 (M$)
Send PM
Hi,

Just a follow up on Jezz's post, it will be worth contacting the admissions team for their feedback – if your profile is strong (have you submitted your CV for review?) they may decide to call you for interview now and potentially make an offer conditional on resitting GMAT, or they may decide to wait for your resit scores. You have nothing to lose by applying in an early stage, and if they do ask you to resit GMAT at least you will have been given a clear way to maximise your application chances.

Please refer to the original post about the "CV review rervice" and the "GMAT pilot waiver scheme". During the application processs, I relied on the CV review service to guide my application. Whilst your shorthand CV looks interesting, I suggest you submit a formal 1/2 page CV to the admissions team.

Let us know if the above helps clarify your questions.

Best wishes,

Lott.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys, thank you for replying.

I had already submitted CV for review and received a "I would encourage you to apply to the 2014 intake." Also, I called Peter Johnson and he said that there would no problem applying now and updating the GMAT score later. So, I concluded that there is no disadvantage of applying now, actually I have already submitted my application. And even if they do not ask me to resit the GMAT, I have already registered for another try.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
This thread is awfully quiet this year.

Submitted my application for MIFFT on the last day of R2.

I am an Indian with over six years of experience in sell-side equity research. CFA charterholder. GMAT 710. Average Acads.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
On the mif student blog it says over 50 percent are still job hunting three.months after graduation... Any insight from the current students ? Is this a concern for you current students

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shorttheworld wrote:
On the mif student blog it says over 50 percent are still job hunting three.months after graduation... Any insight from the current students ? Is this a concern for you current students

Hi,

The full picture is a bit more complicated than just “50% still job hunting”. The addition of the 4th term means that some of the class are studying longer and spending more time on job search. Some others have job offers that they're currently considering and some had the option to return to their previous employers, but are continuing to search. Detailed data is being collected and an employment report will be available early 2014.

From the point of view of a MiF 2014 student, no one in our class is worried about finding a job at this stage. Some have already been offered fantastic roles at leading firms around the world. Many are currently in interview processes for full-time jobs. Some are targeting internships, so will be applying in January. Some intend to go back to their home countries. And others are in the midst of networking in asset management / hedge fund / private equity industries, where roles are more ad hoc so the process is expected to be longer - for these people the priority, at this stage, is to build a valuable network in London, as recruitment is more likely to happen a few months ahead of graduation.

It's also worth pointing out that Career Services work closely with all students on their individual career development and post-graduation job search. This begins on day one and runs throughout the Programme. In fact, London Business School even has dedicated resource aimed solely at Alumni career search.

Hope that helps,
Jezz
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Send PM
JezzC wrote:
shorttheworld wrote:

Hi,

The full picture is a bit more complicated than just “50% still job hunting”. The addition of the 4th term means that some of the class are studying longer and spending more time on job search. Some others have job offers that they're currently considering and some had the option to return to their previous employers, but are continuing to search. Detailed data is being collected and an employment report will be available early 2014.

From the point of view of a MiF 2014 student, no one in our class is worried about finding a job at this stage. Some have already been offered fantastic roles at leading firms around the world. Many are currently in interview processes for full-time jobs. Some are targeting internships, so will be applying in January. Some intend to go back to their home countries. And others are in the midst of networking in asset management / hedge fund / private equity industries, where roles are more ad hoc so the process is expected to be longer - for these people the priority, at this stage, is to build a valuable network in London, as recruitment is more likely to happen a few months ahead of graduation.

It's also worth pointing out that Career Services work closely with all students on their individual career development and post-graduation job search. This begins on day one and runs throughout the Programme. In fact, London Business School even has dedicated resource aimed solely at Alumni career search.

Hope that helps,
Jezz

solid :) yeah i was thinking/wondering how you can have that metric up when i think that thered be a chunk of people taking advantage of the extra term now

so heres a question -- is it looked upon favorably/unfavorably to hit up full time, then internship, then full time again when you come in? do they say 'hey, either look at ten months and full time recruiting when you come in but then dont switch to internship recruiting for the same firms and then once again convert for the full time in the 4th term?'

i definitely think the MIF is great and thus why i applied(personally) and I definitely think you *might* have to be more pro active with things given the ad-hoc nature of a lot of asset management (especially ANYTHING outside of the typical buy side ER roles -- product management client relations etc) and I think its good to go in with that mindset
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Anyone heard back about R2 interviews?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Send PM
Uber quiet did anyone get and accept first round ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum, but just received an email from the admission office that I have been invited for interviews.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance; Investment banking
Schools:LBS
GPA: 3.17
Send PM
Hey, Any One who applied for R3 and updates on acceptances interviews etc. I missed the R3 deadline as i delayed my GMAT too late. Request People who have already submitted their application or received interview calls to share their experiences.

Any senior fellas who can do a profile check, I have not sent my CV for review because the moment i am done with my essay, CV etc. i would simple apply.

Indian male - 27
B- Tech - Production and MBA Finance - 3.2/4 GPA
GMAT - 710, Q 49, V- 38, IR - 8
Certified FRM Holder
CFA Level 3 Candidate June 2014
5 Years of work experience purely corporate Banking experience with lending to infra projects, ports , roads, power Projects, etc.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ranjan121 wrote:
Hey, Any One who applied for R3 and updates on acceptances interviews etc. I missed the R3 deadline as i delayed my GMAT too late. Request People who have already submitted their application or received interview calls to share their experiences.

Any senior fellas who can do a profile check, I have not sent my CV for review because the moment i am done with my essay, CV etc. i would simple apply.

Indian male - 27
Certified FRM Holder
5 Years of work experience purely corporate Banking experience with lending to infra projects, ports , roads, power Projects, etc.

Hi Ranjan,

Difficult to say too much about your profile based on just the above. It looks like you probably hit all the minimum requirements but that's not to say you would be a good candidate. I strongly recommend submitting a CV for review:
https://www.london.edu/programmes/mif/wh ... edfor.html

The admissions office can provide very useful feedback and you can always choose to change the CV before the final application. Even if you're committed to applying, the feedback you receive might help you decide what points you need to focus on most in your application.

Hope that helps,
Jezz
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Kudos
Ranjan121 wrote:

Indian male - 27
Certified FRM Holder

I submitted my CV quite similar to yours 6 years exp., no FRM, but CFA, no MBA but MSc, 30 male, work exp. less fancy but in different countries and got back as feedback "would be good fit"

Especially that you missed the deadline I would send my cv to lbs in your case - I got a feedback on my cv within two days.
Sebastian
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey
Out of curiosity, I understand it´s probably a case-by-case situation but… typically,
anyone knows how long is it taking for the invite for interview to come- for those invited, naturally?

Just so you know I applied for R3

I would also recommend submitting a CV for review. LBS took only a few days to provide me a feedback

cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Had my interview on Friday and already received an email from the London folks that the report has been submitted. Fingers crossed
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know why the salary difference between MiF graduates and MBA graduates at LBS is so high? Are job postings only for a specific programme?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 2.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
renerd wrote:
Does anyone know why the salary difference between MiF graduates and MBA graduates at LBS is so high? Are job postings only for a specific programme?

This is what I am also interested in knowing. I have heard from alumni that the difference is generally between 15K to 20K. However, private recruiters say that salaries are based on the position level e.g. anyone going for an associate position should get the same salary regardless of an MiF or an MBA degree.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts