Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 02:11 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 02:11
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB Calling all applicants for Class of 2016! [#permalink]
Got the call last night actually and recommenders are now gone. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
sonsofanarchy1986 wrote:
Got the call last night actually and recommenders are now gone. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Were you on the R2 WL?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.9
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
yep, portal status is "Submitted" and recommenders gone
Send PM
FROM Stanford Admissions Blog: Inspiring Change with LOWkey Notes
You've probably heard our motto, "Change lives. Change organizations. Change the world." But how do Stanford MBA students embody this through their actions, behaviors, and words? One way is through the LOWkeynotes program, which challenges students to share ideas they believe will inspire others and make a positive difference in the world.

In LOWkeynotes, students work all quarter long to develop and practice powerful nine-minute keynote-style presentations in partnership with communication coaches, faculty and alumni. LOWkeynotes provides students the opportunity to grapple with some of the challenges that leaders face as communicators, and to learn what it takes to go from being just a good presenter to being an effective leader.

Last month, a group of 28 students delivered presentations that covered a wide variety of subjects.

Marissa Duswalt, a first-year MBA who formerly worked for First Lady Michelle Obama on her "Let's Move" campaign, encouraged us to be conscious consumers who are empowered to make healthy choices. She shared a story of her own struggles with weight, and how making more informed decisions about food changed her life.

Natalie Domond, a second-year MBA, described the power of "tipa tipa," or the wisdom of "step by step," a mindset and philosophy she adopted after surviving the 2010 earthquake in Haiti and witnessing the power of slow but steady incremental change.

Adnan Iqbal, an MSx Fellow, offered a presentation on the advantages of choosing to respond, rather than react, when confronted with tense or difficult situations. By taking the time to deliberate and be intentional when responding, he argued, we all have a chance to engage with others more authentically and leave a positive impression.

To watch for yourself, check out the 2014 LOWkeynote presentations.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Decisions are out. Ding for me. :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Wait pool again for me w 40 others.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.9
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Mine just says application status is submitted. No link to decision letter yet

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
R2 waitlist guy here

I got an email saying to check the page
recommenders gone
waitlist letter gone
my entire applications is gone too
Shows not submitted

...?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Dropped off the waitlist - I'm off to Haas and couldn't be more excited! Good luck to you all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
So how are other R1 WLers faring?
Send PM
FROM Stanford Admissions Blog: Get Ready to Apply for Fall 2015
We're gearing up for a new application season and we hope you are, too. We've made some changes to this year's application. To help you prepare, whether you're a first-time applicant or are reapplying, here's a sneak peek at what's new when the application launches in early July.

Letters of Reference

This year, we are asking for two references. One reference must come from your direct supervisor (or next best alternative) at work. Your second reference may come from either someone senior to you (i.e.,who has observed your performance) or a peer. This recommender may be someone from your work, or not. For example, someone senior to you could be a client or previous work supervisor or board member. A peer could be a work teammate or a colleague in an extracurricular activity. You get to choose.

With choice comes responsibility. You'll need to decide what works best in your situation. Do you have a former direct supervisor that knows your work exceptionally well? Then a second professional reference is probably in your best interest. Have you worked on a significant project with peers outside your workplace? You might want your second reference to come from a peer.

The most important consideration is, choose recommenders who can best express your abilities and potential--people who know you and believe in you.

Essays

We streamlined here, as well. This year we will ask two essay questions, instead of three. "What matters most to you and why?" remains the primary essay prompt (750 words). The second question, "Why Stanford?" (350 words), asks you to explain how the Stanford MBA Program, specifically, will help you get where you're trying to go. Tell us how the Stanford experience will help you become the individual you aspire to be professionally and personally.

Deadlines

Luckily, some things don't change. There are three application rounds for admission in fall 2015; you may apply in one of them.

Round 1: 1 October 2014
Round 2: 7 January 2015
Round 3: 1 April 2015

As always, you can find complete information about the application process, including tips, in the Admission section of the website. Here's to your journey toward business school!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
GPA: 4
WE:Operations (Computer Software)
Send PM
So has anybody heard anything from the admissions office at all this week?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nope

im on the waitlist with the 40 remaining people
from the looks if it I guess its over?
Send PM
FROM Stanford Admissions Blog: Coming to a City Near You
If you haven't gotten a chance to attend a Stanford MBA information session, this is a great time to do so. We just posted the cities we'll be visiting over the next few months, and there's likely to be a session near you. Or, if you'll be traveling, you can meet up with us along the way.

Dates and venues for worldwide events are being finalized and will be added to the calendar as they are confirmed. To get invitations to events in your region, fill out our Stay in Touch form.

We hope to meet you soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
a
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any other waitlisters waiting on a decision tomorrow? Wondering if you all can see your recommenders or if they went away
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
GPA: 4
WE:Operations (Computer Software)
Send PM
bubble212121 wrote:
Any other waitlisters waiting on a decision tomorrow? Wondering if you all can see your recommenders or if they went away

Still waiting and still can see my recommenders. Have you heard anything from admissions at all or radio silence since the last update?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  60   61   62   63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6952 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts