Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 21:53 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [1]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q39 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q42 V48
GPA: 3
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Darden (UVA) - Class of 2017 - Calling all waitlisted candidates [#permalink]
I chose to stay on the waitlist. Gonna have a call with the adcom member on the 8th.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10019 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Darden (UVA) - Class of 2017 - Calling all waitlisted candidates [#permalink]
Expert Reply

How to Get Off the MBA Waitlist - A Webinar by GMAT Club and Critical Square.

Dear Waitlisted Applicants,
You put a lot of time and effort into your MBA applications and, after months of hard work, you’re…waiting. It’s ok to scream into a pillow or go to town on a punching bag. It’s frustrating!
But after you do, sign up for this webinar hosted by Bhavik, the Managing Partner at Critical Square. He'll talk about the process, the stats, do's and don'ts, and what has worked for their clients in the past. He'll wrap everything up with a live Q&A session. You don't want to miss this!

Date and Time: Thu, Jan 15, 2015 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM PST

Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/regist ... 8513947138

Questions: info@criticalsquare.com

Only limited spots are available so register yourself now.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.43
Send PM
I chose to stay on the Wailist too. Had my meeting with Cheryl. My GMAT score needs to higher and they want me to retake it.

GPA: 3.43
GMAT: 700
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Hey guys, just want to check. So I originally opted to be on the waitlist, had a chat with an Adcom member, and then for various reasons decided not to be on the wailitst anymore.

I've emailed the Adcom and the general MBA email regarding my decision, but have not received any replies so far (after 1 week). There has been no status change on the website whatsoever. How should I proceed? Should I leave it as it is?

Thanks a bunch.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Any idea when we are expected to hear about the first wave of waitlist invites?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
How's everyone doing here on the waitlist? I've submitted all of my additional materials and am just waiting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bmcrhino wrote:
How's everyone doing here on the waitlist? I've submitted all of my additional materials and am just waiting.

I'll be submitting my supplementary essays by the end of the weekend. Cheryl has told me she is going up to present my file along with the others to the Assistant Dean of Admissions sometime soon. I asked her when I should have all of my materials to her and she said by March 16th, so I figure sometime soon after that she will present it.

I really loved Darden when I visited, and if I receive a competitive offer I will go. I don't think it's likely to get money off of the waitlist though, so I'm just going to let it play out and see what happens.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
vestdw wrote:
bmcrhino wrote:

I'll be submitting my supplementary essays by the end of the weekend. Cheryl has told me she is going up to present my file along with the others to the Assistant Dean of Admissions sometime soon. I asked her when I should have all of my materials to her and she said by March 16th, so I figure sometime soon after that she will present it.

I really loved Darden when I visited, and if I receive a competitive offer I will go. I don't think it's likely to get money off of the waitlist though, so I'm just going to let it play out and see what happens.

I'm in the same boat. I really liked Darden when I visited, but since I've gone on to visit a number of other schools for interviews, it makes Darden stand out that much more. Do you have any sense of what the chances are to getting in off the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well, only complete speculation, haha. It seems to me that if you compare Darden's numbers to Duke, which has a similar ranking, the number of waitlisted applicants seems low to me. Duke has about 8% of all applicants on the waitlist and Darden has 3%. However there are other schools with similar percentages as Darden, UCLA also has about 3% waitlisted.

A complete hunch, but I feel like Darden waitlists applicants that could just as easily have been accepted. Then they sort of use the list as a holding tank until they get all of their applications in and they then pull from the waitlist to fine tune their class GPA, GMAT and experience. I feel like bigger classes like Duke just waitlist candidates to ensure they have a backup who will pay full tuition if a candidate drops.

Darden's adcom has been very impressive to me, and I got the feeling that I had some hope after I talked to Cheryl Jones two days ago. I think we have a chance, but I'm always optimistic until I get the rejection letter.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
bmcrhino wrote:

I received and accepted an offer from Darden a few weeks ago. I emailed the admissions office the day after i got waitlisted reiterating why i want to go to darden and then submitted my supplementary materials as quickly as possible. I got a response sooner than expected. The remainder of the waitlist is supposed to get an update along with round 2 applicants.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I submitted my supplementary essay last night. It took me longer than I had hoped to get the essay done, so it probably won't look great that I waited until the final hour to submit it. Money is doubtful from the waitlist and I already have a school I'm happy with, let's see how it goes!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Woohoo! Off the waitlist! I love this school, but it's hard to justify spending another 100k to go there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE:Business Development (Other)
Send PM
lithsim wrote:
bmcrhino wrote:

I received and accepted an offer from Darden a few weeks ago. I emailed the admissions office the day after i got waitlisted reiterating why i want to go to darden and then submitted my supplementary materials as quickly as possible. I got a response sooner than expected. The remainder of the waitlist is supposed to get an update along with round 2 applicants.

Can I ask what did they ask for supplementary materials? I have my Skype with the adcom about my application, and I was just wondering what should I expect?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
I submitted all my supplemental information. Now the wait begins.

I was told that the adcom reviews our information every two weeks.

Good luck everyone. Keep us posted
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
GMAT17325 wrote:
I submitted all my supplemental information. Now the wait begins.

I was told that the adcom reviews our information every two weeks.

Good luck everyone. Keep us posted

Me too. I just did that yesterday. Hopefully, we hear some good news by end of April!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
vestdw wrote:
Woohoo! Off the waitlist! I love this school, but it's hard to justify spending another 100k to go there.

Congratulations!!
Out of curiosity, which school have you chosen eventually?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Has anyone received any updates? The first review is scheduled for sometime this week.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts