Last visit was: 30 Apr 2024, 14:28 It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 14:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: The I'm tired of waiting and I need something to talk about Thread [#permalink]
dropped Haas because i didn't like their essay questions! lol. Cornell too
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
The I'm tired of waiting and I need something to talk about Thread [#permalink]
Five total, all R2 - I dropped MIT because of the essays.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: The I'm tired of waiting and I need something to talk about Thread [#permalink]
Kudos
I have never been more familiar with the contents of my spam folder. So pathetic :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
FurrowedBrow wrote:
I have never been more familiar with the contents of my spam folder. So pathetic :lol:

Right? It appears there are way more single women in my area that want to meet me than I ever knew existed!

My wife isn't terribly pleased that I came to this realization!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hahahaha! Now that made me giggle. Yeah I decided not to claim the million dollars I won in the sweepstakes and the trip around the world for $999.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:
dropped Haas because i didn't like their essay questions! lol. Cornell too

You definitely saved yourself a lot of annoyance. Their application is the most annoying thing I have ever experienced. Just the INSTRUCTIONS for the app were 20 dense pages, and didn't even touch on the essays. I think they just admit people who figure out how to dot every i and cross every t exactly how they want.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 580 Q33 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.22
WE:Operations (Retail)
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:
Creating this for all those waiting

for interviews
for decisions
to get of the waitlist
for an acknowledgement that your application was received (CGSM :evil: )

I know I get bored waiting for something to happen in one of my school threads and since I keep refreshing this forum - might as well have something to read. So guys, feel free to be random...

Let me start with an icebreaker - how many schools did you apply to this year (R1 & R2).
I did 11 - well 10 since i haven't hit submit on HEC but I will do so shortly.

I'm impressed with 10! I applied to 5 and that was plenty. I've been accepted to two, and I'm already dreading the decision making process with just those two, let alone if I'm lucky enough to have to decide between more.
i actually didn't think I had that great a chance.... now that i got an interview invite at booth - i'm like...wait, what if i get into more than 2 schools?? That thought truly die not cross my mind when i started.

On a random note - has everyone's productivity at work plummeted? Do your coworkers know that you are applying?
IanKV wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:
Creating this for all those waiting

for interviews
for decisions
to get of the waitlist
for an acknowledgement that your application was received (CGSM :evil: )

I know I get bored waiting for something to happen in one of my school threads and since I keep refreshing this forum - might as well have something to read. So guys, feel free to be random...

Let me start with an icebreaker - how many schools did you apply to this year (R1 & R2).
I did 11 - well 10 since i haven't hit submit on HEC but I will do so shortly.

I'm impressed with 10! I applied to 5 and that was plenty. I've been accepted to two, and I'm already dreading the decision making process with just those two, let alone if I'm lucky enough to have to decide between more.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
My productivity at work is pretty high actually. I force myself to stay focused while I am in the office. Keeps my mind off this.

Evenings and weekends though, I seem to spend a little too much time on this forum....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q41 V44
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.56
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Checking in. It's 3 am on a Monday morning where I am, and feeling exactly the same. Especially since that first set of HBS interview invites went out last week. I've just been looking at my mail everyday, and trawling this site. Even got off my ass and wrote my first post (a GMAT debrief).

Applied to 3. Feeling worried because of age (will be 33 by the end of first semester), and possibly over-representation (asian, not indian, not chinese).

Work's not a problem at all, just cos it's so crazy busy. Too many meetings to attend, too many decisions to make every single day.
Are you interested in any of the European schools? I've heard they are not as age conscious..... I think mid-feb can not come fast enough....most of us should be out of our misery by then
OveragedAspirant wrote:
Checking in. It's 3 am on a Monday morning where I am, and feeling exactly the same. Especially since that first set of HBS interview invites went out last week. I've just been looking at my mail everyday, and trawling this site. Even got off my ass and wrote my first post (a GMAT debrief).

Applied to 3. Feeling worried because of age (will be 33 by the end of first semester), and possibly over-representation (asian, not indian, not chinese).

Work's not a problem at all, just cos it's so crazy busy. Too many meetings to attend, too many decisions to make every single day.
anyone else ready to pull their hair out from the lack of activity?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Not really! There's lots of other work to be done :)

Just saw your last response. Yea I am applying to some european schools!
hA! I technically have lots of real work to do...but i can't concentrate on that knowing that I'm waiting for a decision!!!

What's been the craziest thing you've done because of this process?
OveragedAspirant wrote:
Not really! There's lots of other work to be done :)

Just saw your last response. Yea I am applying to some european schools!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Lol nothing too crazy. Like refresh my mail a every 5 seconds on the Harvard invitation date (28 Jan 15). By 4 Feb 15, I had well-accepted that my chances were minuscule so i didn't care nearly as much. Sure as hell, got the ding notification. That finality is a lot more pleasant than the wait, imo.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GPA: 3.75
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
The I'm tired of waiting and I need something to talk about Thread [#permalink]
angelfire213 wrote:

I've booked a holiday to Antarctica, and I'll be there for the three weeks when all the decisions come out! So now I'm just counting down to my vacation. Give yourself something epic to wait for and getting Bschool decisions will pale in comparison. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V46
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
ShoeBunny wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:

I've booked a holiday to Antarctica, and I'll be there for the three weeks when all the decisions come out! So now I'm just counting down to my vacation. Give yourself something epic to wait for and getting Bschool decisions will pale in comparison. :-)

I invited the 8 junior members of my team to a bar with me to wait for the HBS invites on the first wave. Luckily, I got one...but after reading how many people didn't I realize that this was insane in retrospect. I thought I had a 50/50 chance but there was no need to bring the team out for that.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2