Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q41 V44
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.56
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: The I'm tired of waiting and I need something to talk about Thread [#permalink]
thanks!! it stings to be rejected...but
1. they made sure to tell me it was not a rejection - but and "encouragement" :? . They all but said, you would have been invited if your quant score was higher. I know i can increase it... but i'll only put in the time if i don't get in anywhere else (actually, if all i get is yale, i might still do it). Insead went from being my #1 school to a bit lower once i realized i needed the summer internship - i was already looking at how successful i would be in trying to get them to defer admission to jan. if i got in.

anyway, i applied to 11 schools. as great as it sounds, i don't think i want to have to pick between more than 3 schools, so have to dwindle down somehow. This process is actually a big learning experience, and as much as I hate waiting, i feel like it's helped me out as a person.

Ok, narrative over. How are things with you?
OveragedAspirant wrote:
angelfire, sorry to hear about the INSEAD ding. I hope everything else goes smoothly from here on!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: The I'm tired of waiting and I need something to talk about Thread [#permalink]
Well, nothing new on my end. Turned away from HBS, and not feeling much about it. Ross didn't invite me, but given that all round 2 interview invites have been sent, it seems my profile was not a good fit for them. I had my Kellogg interview about 3 weeks back. I thought that went smoothly, but I'm not holding my breath. As I did mention earlier, I don't think the US programmes fancy an older applicant very much. I'm sure it's not age being the only factor, but perhaps I've neglected to put together a compelling argument.

Gonna put all my heart into the INSEAD app. Have been actively reaching out to alumni and current students. If it doesn't bother you too much, would love to hear how you put together a good app too, considering that they told you GMAT was the only obstacle for you.

But anyway, aren't we supposed to be talking about stuff other than the GMAT? I'm sure work's not too interesting a topic too. Valentine's day? No, gonna be spent writing my applications. Lol. Where do you hail from?
Sooo, only a couple more weeks huh? seems a lot of schools have the interviews close to the decision deadline...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:
Sooo, only a couple more weeks huh? seems a lot of schools have the interviews close to the decision deadline...

Light at the end of the tunnel. It's been eight months since I started on this.
i can relate!!!

if i include GMAT - it's been almost 2 years for me!!

Who is quitting in May?
herostratus wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:

Light at the end of the tunnel. It's been eight months since I started on this.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hopefully me

:)
As I had my HEC interview today - I am now officially done with apps!! (unless i do decide to hit submit on that hBS app). What a relief!!

On a side note - did anyone have alumni interviewers that were not to thrilled with their alma mater? I've had a couple of those and it was interesting....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GPA: 3.75
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:
As I had my HEC interview today - I am now officially done with apps!! (unless i do decide to hit submit on that hBS app). What a relief!!

On a side note - did anyone have alumni interviewers that were not to thrilled with their alma mater? I've had a couple of those and it was interesting....

Congrats on being finished! Did your HEC interviewer not seem to be too thrilled?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:

I thought you already submitted to HBS? Didn't you say earlier that you invited coworkers out to wait with you and you were fortunate enough to receive an invite?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey everyone,

I'm a second year MBA student and I'd like to share my 2 cents of advice with you.

B-school is awesome, and you will enjoy it very much. Hopefully you'll get into your dream school!

It's never too early to begin your career search. You need to arrive with a game plan. A very cool and helpful resource i've been using since I started my MBA is pymetrics. pymetrics is a neuroscience game-based career assessment test that reveals your cognitive and social traits. Then you receive a full career profile that determines in which industries and functions you are most likely to succeed. The platforms suggest you companies and actual jobs that are posted there. If you are a match and express interest, you will likely be contacted by the company.

It's awesome for internships and full time offers. Instead of writing endless cover letters and tweaking your resume, you play games: literally.

Check it out:
https://bit.ly/1JxEviS
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2