Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:37 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
ad_girl25 wrote:
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. And it was my original plan (including the lying on beaches part, as you correctly surmised).

But it may not be so easy after all, since I'm in serious doubt that I can hang on at my job for another year. I'm working on trying to fight the burnout, and my company is being understanding, but I'm afraid that any steps I take to do that (voluntarily lessening my workload, for example) will also diminish my chances.

Maybe I should change jobs right now? I'm concerned about how that would look on an app, too.

Frankly, a year in a position where you are happy, especially if represents a step closer to your post-MBA goal) would be more valuable from an admissions perspective than a year of lying on beaches no matter how exotic and gorgeous.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I really shouldn’t give my opinion on this issue since a.) I am just beginning my professional career, and b.) I am not facing an MBA adcomm yet. Really my only credibility here is that I have traveled, somewhat extensively. HOWEVER, I say travel. In the long run I don’t think you will regret exploring the world for a year. Conversely though, it is very possible you might one day be sitting at your post MBA desk peering out the window over an insurmountable stack of work imagining an experience foregone so that you could earn 15k extra a year.

Either way you will get an MBA, it’s just a matter of what institution will issue the diploma.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]