Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:56 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 102
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2015 Consortium Applicants Thread [#permalink]
angelfire213 wrote:
so i just looked at 2014 and 2013.... in 2014 only cornell called day of. Most other schools called the next day (with a few laggards like tuck and ucla).

in 2013, nothing came in on draft day, majority came in day after (Same laggards).

SOOOO, to help respective blood pressures - i say - tell yourself you won't hear anything till tomorrow. I'm going to try to stay off the boards today - try, i said.

Thank you for that timeline. I was going off memory and clearly it was wrong. Good luck with trying to stay off. I won't even lie to myself by saying that. F5 will be a close friend for the next several days. I might break the button by accident.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Is the draft today? I haven't seen anything on twitter, but the 10th does seem like it would be the day. I hope I get a call soon :-)
didn't last long off the boards... got an alert from the reg. NYU thread that someone just got admitted! Quickly went to check my status...and still says the same thing...Non rational...but I think it is WL for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Think positive thoughts. NYU appears to be accepting people
On a rolling basis. And some schools also seem to be waiting to give admit and fellowships out to candidates on the same day. This may be the case for you. So please do not lose hope yet.

angelfire213 wrote:
didn't last long off the boards... got an alert from the reg. NYU thread that someone just got admitted! Quickly went to check my status...and still says the same thing...Non rational...but I think it is WL for me.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Rosemariecourt what happened with Darden? Did you wind up forfeiting the interview or did they cave and let you Skype? I hope the latter.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
They would not do skype and I was told I can come later in March if I am still interested. Waiting to see what happens with other schools this week before I make up my mind. It's a really long trip to take over there and I can't get days off work right now. So if I get the fellowship from one of my other top 3 programs then I won't go.

LazyBoy8 wrote:
Rosemariecourt what happened with Darden? Did you wind up forfeiting the interview or did they cave and let you Skype? I hope the latter.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V41
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
With the first pick in the 2015 Consortium draft, Darden selects...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Good luck today everyone. It is pretty nerve-racking that the draft is going on and I have not actually been accepted to any consortium schools. I am waitlisted at one at waiting to hear from Haas, where I did interview. Is anyone else in a similar situation (no acceptances yet)? Has anyone else interviewed at Haas for round 2?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
I'm ready!!!!

Haas =====
UCLA =====
Tepper =====
Johnson =====
Tuck =====
Goizueta =====
McDonough =====
Kelley =====
Ross =====
Stern =====
UNC =====
Simon =====
Marshall =====
McCombs =====
Darden =====
Olin =====
Wisconsin =====
Yale =====
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q46 V36
GPA: 3.46
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Am nervous!!!

bml1105 wrote:
I'm ready!!!!

Haas =====
UCLA =====
Tepper =====
Johnson =====
Tuck =====
Goizueta =====
McDonough =====
Kelley =====
Ross =====
Stern =====
UNC =====
Simon =====
Marshall =====
McCombs =====
Darden =====
Olin =====
Wisconsin =====
Yale =====
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
I am pretty sure (well I hope so) that a lot of us have interviewed and not been formally accepted to any Consortium school yet. From what I saw, only a few schools began announcing admits prior to the draft?

Wildabout wrote:
Good luck today everyone. It is pretty nerve-racking that the draft is going on and I have not actually been accepted to any consortium schools. I am waitlisted at one at waiting to hear from Haas, where I did interview. Is anyone else in a similar situation (no acceptances yet)? Has anyone else interviewed at Haas for round 2?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:
lol, i've gone from "yea' i'm getting in to nyu/ucla" to "omg, no other school is going to accept me!". I was so sure some folks would hear SOME thing today....so now i 'm going to think of wed. Ross has already said they are calling all domestic candidates that got in on Wednesday (including non-cgsm). so there's that hard deadline at least.
jbotero08 wrote:
My anxiety is through the roof. Now I'm replaying my past interviews which is cringe-worthy. I want to declare my undying love for Ross, Tuck, and Tepper. Don't leave me hanging tomorrow guys.

I thought Ross said they would start to call admit students on Wednesday, not all? Where did you see all students will be called on Wednesday?
It's not a hard deadline that if you're domestic and you don't hear tomorrow that you're denied/waitlist. They do say "start"....but the way i'm reading it, most domestic admits will be called tomorrow. language just reads like a caveat to me, in case they dont get to all.

from the blog

We expect admit calls will begin on Wednesday, March 11 for domestic applicants, and Thursday, March 12 for international applicants. All decisions will be posted on Friday, March 13. If you’re placed on the waitlist, you will be re-reviewed in Round 3 and could be invited to interview then. My next blog will include advice for folks on the waitlist.
JenDO2009 wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:
lol, i've gone from "yea' i'm getting in to nyu/ucla" to "omg, no other school is going to accept me!". I was so sure some folks would hear SOME thing today....so now i 'm going to think of wed. Ross has already said they are calling all domestic candidates that got in on Wednesday (including non-cgsm). so there's that hard deadline at least.
jbotero08 wrote:
My anxiety is through the roof. Now I'm replaying my past interviews which is cringe-worthy. I want to declare my undying love for Ross, Tuck, and Tepper. Don't leave me hanging tomorrow guys.

I thought Ross said they would start to call admit students on Wednesday, not all? Where did you see all students will be called on Wednesday?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:
It's not a hard deadline that if you're domestic and you don't hear tomorrow that you're denied/waitlist. They do say "start"....but the way i'm reading it, most domestic admits will be called tomorrow. language just reads like a caveat to me, in case they dont get to all.

from the blog

Thanks, just want to avoid any unnecessary stress/mental breakdown if I don't get a call tomorrow :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bml1105 wrote:
I'm ready!!!!

Haas =====
UCLA =====
Tepper =====
Johnson =====
Tuck =====
Goizueta =====
McDonough =====
Kelley =====
Ross =====
Stern =====
UNC =====
Simon =====
Marshall =====
McCombs =====
Darden =====
Olin =====
Wisconsin =====
Yale =====

Why care about the draft if you know you're matriculating elsewhere? Why not just withdraw? I am guessing there is sound reasoning behind it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Why care about the draft if you know you're matriculating elsewhere? Why not just withdraw? I am guessing there is sound reasoning behind it.[/quote]

LOL
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
LazyBoy8 wrote:
Why care about the draft if you know you're matriculating elsewhere? Why not just withdraw? I am guessing there is sound reasoning behind it.

Hahahahahaha I'm crying!

Man, just let that girl be. Maybe she wants to see if she'll get offered a fellowship and try to use that for Kellogg, which goes NO money to folks? Who knows. I think we'd all want to stick around to see if money was on the table. I know I would!

Let's all just try to chill today and feel good about making it this far. Whatever will be, will be (as the saying goes.)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  50   51   52   53   54   55   56  ...  87   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts