Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:24 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (J-Term) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Congratulations espallargas...good job!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (J-Term) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Hello J-term applicants, did anyone get a notification by email or an update in the portal once the interview feedback was provided ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V35
Send PM
RahulMBA17 wrote:
Hello J-term applicants, did anyone get a notification by email or an update in the portal once the interview feedback was provided ?

Hi Rahul! They are not updating the status. I politely asked my interviewer to let me know once he submitted his report.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Guys I have received my acceptance call and I'm excited to join Columbia in Jan!

Timeline:
11th Aug - app submitted
9th Sep - Interview invitation
26th Sep - Interviewed
5th Oct - Admitted

Brief profile:
Indian male, chartered accountant, 5 years WE (2.5 years in M&A in Big 4, last 6 months Family Business). GMAT 730 (Q49, V41)
Focus - Entrepreneurship
Have a clear post MBA goal. I think the recos were solid.
Interview with local alumni was really good. Straight forward questions only on my family business, goals and my work experience in M&A

Congratulations to all the admitted students and can't wait to see you guys in Jan.

All the best to the applicants and in case you have any questions, please let me know.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I actually got an automated e-mail from the website once my interview feedback was submitted last Friday (10/7).

I also got my acceptance call today! So so exciting!!

Timeline:

Application submitted on 09/10
Interview invitation on 10/3
Interview on 10/5
Feedback submitted on 10/7
Acceptance call 10/11

Good luck to those who are still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Looks like Oct 11th was a busy day for the ad-com. I got my admit yesterday as well. Applied mid august, interview invite mid sept and interview report submitted on 27th sept. Took them the whole 2 week period after my interview to get back to me and in retrospect it looks pretty quick but believe me, it was a painful 2 week wait.

Congrats to everyone who got the call. Should we form a separate thread or maybe a facebook group or something?

For the guys still waiting - i feel your pain. Hang in there and all the best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
220grad wrote:
Looks like Oct 11th was a busy day for the ad-com. I got my admit yesterday as well. Applied mid august, interview invite mid sept and interview report submitted on 27th sept. Took them the whole 2 week period after my interview to get back to me and in retrospect it looks pretty quick but believe me, it was a painful 2 week wait.

Congrats to everyone who got the call. Should we form a separate thread or maybe a facebook group or something?

Congrats Columbiastudent and 220grad! We already have a hidden facebook group of all admitted students.
Once you receive access to the admitted students website you can request to join the group.
Looking forward to seeing you guys!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10019 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
5 Admits so far! Congrats to admitted folks and good luck to all who are still waiting. If you get your decision, please update your status and post an update here - it will give some stats and insights for others to look into. Thank you!

PS: In case anyone wants to start a separate thread for admitted applicants, please paste the following code in the opening post to display the list of admitted applicants.
Code:
[app_tracker status="admitted" id="7" year="2017" program_id="16" width="400" height="300"][/app_tracker]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Arsenal1991 wrote:
220grad wrote:

Congrats Columbiastudent and 220grad! We already have a hidden facebook group of all admitted students.
Once you receive access to the admitted students website you can request to join the group.

Yes, Arsenal has it here. I'm the admin for the admitted student group, so looking forward to meeting you soon!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Penseur wrote:
Arsenal1991 wrote:
220grad wrote:

Yes, Arsenal has it here. I'm the admin for the admitted student group, so looking forward to meeting you soon!

How many members so far ? Just wondering the number of admits till now, considering J-term will have around 200 students.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Looking forward to seeing you guys![/quote]

Yes, Arsenal has it here. I'm the admin for the admitted student group, so looking forward to meeting you soon![/quote]

How many members so far ? Just wondering the number of admits till now, considering J-term will have around 200 students.[/quote]

Around 50 members
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Arsenal1991 wrote:

Yes, Arsenal has it here. I'm the admin for the admitted student group, so looking forward to meeting you soon![/quote]

How many members so far ? Just wondering the number of admits till now, considering J-term will have around 200 students.[/quote]

Around 50 members[/quote]

hi I am also joining the J-term class of 2018. how to join the fb group?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kmastion wrote:
Arsenal1991 wrote:

Around 50 members[/quote]

hi I am also joining the J-term class of 2018. how to join the fb group?[/quote]

Congrats kmastion! Looking forward to see you in Jan!
Once you get access to the admitted students website, there will be 'Welcome' tab where you will have the option to provide your FB email id and then you will receive a link on your email id to join the group.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '19 (A)
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Arsenal1991 wrote:

Hi, was just admitted to the J-Term from NYC as well! I'm ecstatic! What's the Facebook Group?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
oll2104 wrote:
Arsenal1991 wrote:

Hi, was just admitted to the J-Term from NYC as well! I'm ecstatic! What's the Facebook Group?

Congratulations!! When did you interview?
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '19 (A)
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
holdenpc wrote:
Congratulations!! When did you interview?

Thank you! Submit 10/03, interview invite 10/17, alum interview 10/21, feedback upload 10/24, acceptance call 10/25
Intern
Intern
Send PM
oll2104 wrote:
Arsenal1991 wrote:

Hey congrats oll2104!! Looking forward to meeting you in Jan!

Once you receive access to the admitted students website, you'll find an option to request to join the FB group.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts