Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 22:13 It is currently 07 May 2024, 22:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 16657 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Duke '19 (M)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 16657 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 194
Send PM
Re: The 1st edition of "Math Revolution GMAT" Book [#permalink]
Sir ,

Is there a possibility that you can try putting up Kindle or downloadable edition of your MATH book on Amazon.com. As the book does not deliver up in my Country.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
There are a ton of misspelled words, grammar errors, and confusing language. For example, (page 51, #35)

"The ratio of the numbers of sedans to trucks and to pick-ups cars sold in an automobile sales event was 5 to 4 to 2. If the total number of cars sold in the event was 55, how many more sedan cars were sold than the pick-up cars?"

This is confusing as hell. A sedan is a "car", a truck is a truck, and a "pick-up" is a pick-up truck. A better way to state this problem would have been to use cars, trucks, and vans, or three other clearly distinguishable items.

I guess this question was made intentionally like this to think critically and confuse the reader so that it will take more time and will probably lead to bad choice.I guess that this may be one of the tricky one that can come on GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MathRevolution wrote:
- The methods we provide are a perfect match with current math exam patterns. We can make you to get score at least 45 points easily, 49-51 points are also doable. []

Can you please tell a little bit more about your result and technique used.I have watched your free trial videos but wanted to know more about your approach to hit 50-51 in actual gmat quant test
Own Kudos [?]: 16657 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
TIMEBBA wrote:
Sir ,

Is there a possibility that you can try putting up Kindle or downloadable edition of your MATH book on Amazon.com. As the book does not deliver up in my Country.

Hi,

We are currently working on publishing an e-book, which might take more than a month.
If you cannot wait that long, please study the book by purchasing it.
Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can somebody help me in solving this question

Each piglet in a litter is fed exactly one-half pound of a mixture of oats and barley. The ratio of the amount of barley to that of oats varies from piglet to piglet, but each piglet is fed some of both grains. How many piglets are there in the litter?

1) Piglet A was fed exactly 1/4 of the oats today.
2) Piglet A was fed exactly 1/6 of the barley today.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Dondarrion and Timebba,

Have you guys used the All in one 51 course of Math Revolution.It seems like MAX LEE is a beast in Maths. All the reviews on GC are exceptionally good with 5 star rating.Can you tell me how is the video course compared to Kaplan ,how is there Q&A service.And what about there teaching style is it good and comfortable are you able to relate to the style of MATH REVOLUTION All in one 51 course . Math revolution charges 300$ for 6 month course and it looks like they are using a very different approach.
Please if anybody else is using up MR guide me up. As i have a doubt that they are giving only 40-50 hard GMAT questions.And rest are just ok
Send PM
Expert Reply
hi, Brian,
Compared with Kaplan, our course is much cheaper as you know. Our questions used in paid course and trial pack are most updated math questions appearing in actual GMAT exam.
How we know updated math trend is to survey actual questions after our students take exam.
We offer unlimited Q&A service on math questions during your study.
Our technique is very unique as you observed. We definitely offer solution for 50-51. Our Advanced course is to handle all hard questions and provide extra tips and solutions to solve them in 2 minutes per question. You may refer to very useful two articles (Ultimate Q51 guide and Most current Math trend) posted by us here in Ask The Expert.
If you have questions, you can always ask us to info@mathrevolution.com

Thanks
Own Kudos [?]: 16657 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
TIMEBBA wrote:
MathRevolution wrote:
- The methods we provide are a perfect match with current math exam patterns. We can make you to get score at least 45 points easily, 49-51 points are also doable. []

Can you please tell a little bit more about your result and technique used.I have watched your free trial videos but wanted to know more about your approach to hit 50-51 in actual gmat quant test

Hi TIMEBBA,

Thank you for your interest.
In fact, 90% of our students hit at least 49 and above.
In order to hit 50-51, you have to study and master CMT(Common Mistake Type 3 and 4).
4-5 questions of CMT are given on actual GMAT and if you got 1-2 questions wrong, you would receive 49.
If you got 0-1 questions wrong, you would hit 50-51.

One of our courses "Advanced" covers questions which determine 50-51, including CMT 3 and 4 with extra tips.
So, hitting 49 is not that difficult.

Additionally, below is an useful article featured in GMAT Club for your reference. This will be helpful for you.
· Ultimate Q51 Guide : the-ultimate-q51-guide-209801.html

If you have any other query on our course, please refer to FAQ on our website below.
https://mathrevolution.com/board/list?cu ... thGuidance

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The 1st edition of "Math Revolution GMAT" Book [#permalink]
I have Just ordered the book will see how the book content is . As per the description on Amazon. I guess there are not many practice problems Just theory. I hope the cover of the book Feels premium not like a plain old printed paper.
Send PM
Expert Reply
TIMEBBA wrote:
I have Just ordered the book will see how the book content is . As per the description on Amazon. I guess there are not many practice problems Just theory. I hope the cover of the book Feels premium not like a plain old printed paper.

Hello, TIMEBBA

Thank you for purchasing Math Revolution GMAT BOOK.
When you receive our book, you will know but we would like to tell you first that the book has practice questions not only theories.
If you have questions while studying with our book.
Just e-mail us at info@mathrevolution.com

We are willing to help your study ^^
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi

I purchase the book on Kindle version since paperback not available in my country.. am from engineering background
please let me know Is this one enough to score 45+ in Quants?
Send PM
Expert Reply
sakthi88 wrote:
Hi

I purchase the book on Kindle version since paperback not available in my country.. am from engineering background
please let me know Is this one enough to score 45+ in Quants?

Hi sakthi88,

Thank you for your interest and query.
You can surely learn our unique approaches of Variable approach for DS and IVY approach for PS via book.
However, in order to fully understand the approaches and hit at least 49 or above just like 90% of our students, we would like to highly recommend taking our online course.

Please try Free Trial Pack(5 hours) on our website(www.mathrevolution.com) where you can learn the approaches. You can see whether you like them or not before enrolling.

We also have a 7-day money back guarantee, a risk-free purchase. You can cancel anytime within 7 days.

Additionally, the below is a useful article featured in GMAT Club for your reference. This will be helpful for you.

· Most Updated Math Trend : overview-of-gmat-math-question-types-and-patterns-on-the-gmat-211809.html

You can also refer to FAQ on our website. -> https://www.mathrevolution.com/board/lis ... thGuidance

Lastly, we would like to share the link below.
This is not testimonial but just comments of our students' real voice after they take an exam.
math-revolution-story-224118.html
You can also do the same if you study with us!

If you have any other question, please let us know at info@mathrevolution.com

Happy Studying!
GMAT Club Bot