It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 09:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The 1st edition of "Math Revolution GMAT" Book

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
P

Kudos [?]: 3038 [1], given: 0

GPA: 3.82
Premium Member CAT Tests
The 1st edition of "Math Revolution GMAT" Book [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2016, 19:57
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Forget conventional ways of solving GMAT Math problems! A New Revolutionary GMAT Math Solution for everyone, especially for Non-Engineering Majors!

We published the 1st edition of the "Math Revolution GMAT" and you can find it on Amazon for only $19.99! You may also study and test this book first before video courses. Learn more

The key features of this book for GMAT Math SHORT- CUT ;

- You can maximize your study effectiveness by utilizing our video lectures and the book at the same time.

- Detailed theories and explanations on World’s first Variable approach methods for DS and IVY approach methods for PS that you have never seen. Your math skills are totally irrelevant.

- Your math skills are totally irrelevant as we provide easy-to-use solutions.

- Each chapter will make it convenient for students studying on their own

- The methods we provide are a perfect match with current math exam patterns. We can make you to get score at least 45 points easily, 49-51 points are also doable. Learn more

Also, our online video course course starts $79 or $71 with a GMAT Club coupon. Learn more

If you have any questions, please reply to this email at info@mathrevoluion,com

Happy Studying

Math Revolution Team
Attachments

2016-05-02 오전 11.51.20.png
2016-05-02 오전 11.51.20.png [ 376.49 KiB | Viewed 2542 times ]

MathRevolution: Finish GMAT Quant Section with 10 minutes to spare
The one-and-only World’s First Variable Approach for DS and IVY Approach for PS with ease, speed and accuracy.
Find a 10% off coupon code for GMAT Club members.
“Receive 5 Math Questions & Solutions Daily”
Unlimited Access to over 120 free video lessons - try it yourself
See our Youtube demo

Math Revolution Discount CodesJamboree Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 56 [1], given: 5

GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2016, 09:50
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
So I am about half way through the book and want to provide some feedback.

The layout is really poor. I am constantly scratching my head trying to figure out what I am actually studying. I am using your youtube channel which clears up a few things but it seems like the entire book was never edited. For example, what is the IVY approach? I had to watch youtube videos and I still don't know exactly what it is. Also, your youtube PS videos talk a lot about "Axiom" translations for word problems. These are no where to be found in the book.

Chapter 2 says "oops, almost forgot..About PS questions". The chapter contains around 20 different problems with their solutions. Unlike the first chapter that had some explanations (I had to use your youtube channel to get on target with the Axiom translations), these are just simply problems and their solutions. Where are the explanations to the methods?

There are a ton of misspelled words, grammar errors, and confusing language. For example, (page 51, #35)

"The ratio of the numbers of sedans to trucks and to pick-ups cars sold in an automobile sales event was 5 to 4 to 2. If the total number of cars sold in the event was 55, how many more sedan cars were sold than the pick-up cars?"

This is confusing as hell. A sedan is a "car", a truck is a truck, and a "pick-up" is a pick-up truck. A better way to state this problem would have been to use cars, trucks, and vans, or three other clearly distinguishable items.

My objective here is not to come in and bash your book, but I really did expect better. The strategies seem sound but the presentation is confusing and poor. A new layout and spell check would do wonders.

I will reply again once I have completed the entire book.

Kudos [?]: 56 [1], given: 5

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
P

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: The 1st edition of "Math Revolution GMAT" Book [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2016, 22:34
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Dondarrion wrote:
So I am about half way through the book and want to provide some feedback.

The layout is really poor. I am constantly scratching my head trying to figure out what I am actually studying. I am using your youtube channel which clears up a few things but it seems like the entire book was never edited. For example, what is the IVY approach? I had to watch youtube videos and I still don't know exactly what it is. Also, your youtube PS videos talk a lot about "Axiom" translations for word problems. These are no where to be found in the book.

Chapter 2 says "oops, almost forgot..About PS questions". The chapter contains around 20 different problems with their solutions. Unlike the first chapter that had some explanations (I had to use your youtube channel to get on target with the Axiom translations), these are just simply problems and their solutions. Where are the explanations to the methods?

There are a ton of misspelled words, grammar errors, and confusing language. For example, (page 51, #35)

"The ratio of the numbers of sedans to trucks and to pick-ups cars sold in an automobile sales event was 5 to 4 to 2. If the total number of cars sold in the event was 55, how many more sedan cars were sold than the pick-up cars?"

This is confusing as hell. A sedan is a "car", a truck is a truck, and a "pick-up" is a pick-up truck. A better way to state this problem would have been to use cars, trucks, and vans, or three other clearly distinguishable items.

My objective here is not to come in and bash your book, but I really did expect better. The strategies seem sound but the presentation is confusing and poor. A new layout and spell check would do wonders.

I will reply again once I have completed the entire book.

Hi Dondarrion,

Thank you for your comments.
We also appreciate trying to grasp the contents with watching videos on Youtube, which proves your great interest in our approaches
We would like to provide you some explanations on your comments.
Firstly, the book consists of 20% of PS and 80% of DS, which is DS based. Therefore, it doesn’t cover like Axiom, which is part of PS and introduces basics of IVY Approach. Due to limit of space, PS is briefly introduced. We are planning to publish a book based on PS soon. Please look forward to it.
Regarding your comment on Chapter 2, it might appear as there is no explanation. Since the conventional method of approach is inefficient, we omitted solutions with the conventional method. That’s why it only illustrates specific explanations of IVY approach.
In addition, this is the first English edition we published, which took us three times to revise it. Nonetheless, since you have found some errors mentioned above, we will again closely have a look into the book. If you find more, please let us know.

Lastly, we would like to hear from you again once you complete the book. We are certain that you will benefit from the book as it illustrates the method of Variable Approach, which is to overcome spending too much time, low confidence, lack of concentration and time management caused by the conventional method of DS.
Regardless, if you have anything more to add to the previous post regarding the book, please let us know via our email at info@mathrevolution.com

We will take your comments into consideration when we come up with a new edition or develop contents.

Thank you.

The one-and-only World’s First Variable Approach for DS and IVY Approach for PS with ease, speed and accuracy.
See our Youtube demo

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 194

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2016, 10:11
Sir ,

Is there a possibility that you can try putting up Kindle or downloadable edition of your MATH book on Amazon.com. As the book does not deliver up in my Country.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2016, 10:23
Quote:

I guess this question was made intentionally like this to think critically and confuse the reader so that it will take more time and will probably lead to bad choice.I guess that this may be one of the tricky one that can come on GMAT.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2016, 23:19
MathRevolution wrote:
- The methods we provide are a perfect match with current math exam patterns. We can make you to get score at least 45 points easily, 49-51 points are also doable. []

Can you please tell a little bit more about your result and technique used.I have watched your free trial videos but wanted to know more about your approach to hit 50-51 in actual gmat quant test

Expert Post
P

Kudos [?]: 3038 [0], given: 0

Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2016, 18:08
TIMEBBA wrote:
Sir ,

Is there a possibility that you can try putting up Kindle or downloadable edition of your MATH book on Amazon.com. As the book does not deliver up in my Country.

Hi,

We are currently working on publishing an e-book, which might take more than a month.
If you cannot wait that long, please study the book by purchasing it.
Thank you.

See our Youtube demo

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2016, 02:09
Can somebody help me in solving this question

Each piglet in a litter is fed exactly one-half pound of a mixture of oats and barley. The ratio of the amount of barley to that of oats varies from piglet to piglet, but each piglet is fed some of both grains. How many piglets are there in the litter?

1) Piglet A was fed exactly 1/4 of the oats today.
2) Piglet A was fed exactly 1/6 of the barley today.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 22

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 09:32
Dondarrion and Timebba,

Have you guys used the All in one 51 course of Math Revolution.It seems like MAX LEE is a beast in Maths. All the reviews on GC are exceptionally good with 5 star rating.Can you tell me how is the video course compared to Kaplan ,how is there Q&A service.And what about there teaching style is it good and comfortable are you able to relate to the style of MATH REVOLUTION All in one 51 course . Math revolution charges 300$ for 6 month course and it looks like they are using a very different approach.
Please if anybody else is using up MR guide me up. As i have a doubt that they are giving only 40-50 hard GMAT questions.And rest are just ok

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 22

Expert Post
P

Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 04:21
hi, Brian,
Compared with Kaplan, our course is much cheaper as you know. Our questions used in paid course and trial pack are most updated math questions appearing in actual GMAT exam.
How we know updated math trend is to survey actual questions after our students take exam.
We offer unlimited Q&A service on math questions during your study.
Our technique is very unique as you observed. We definitely offer solution for 50-51. Our Advanced course is to handle all hard questions and provide extra tips and solutions to solve them in 2 minutes per question. You may refer to very useful two articles (Ultimate Q51 guide and Most current Math trend) posted by us here in Ask The Expert.
If you have questions, you can always ask us to info@mathrevolution.com

Thanks

See our Youtube demo

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
P

Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2016, 08:23
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
TIMEBBA wrote:
MathRevolution wrote:
- The methods we provide are a perfect match with current math exam patterns. We can make you to get score at least 45 points easily, 49-51 points are also doable. []

Can you please tell a little bit more about your result and technique used.I have watched your free trial videos but wanted to know more about your approach to hit 50-51 in actual gmat quant test

Hi TIMEBBA,

Thank you for your interest.
In fact, 90% of our students hit at least 49 and above.
In order to hit 50-51, you have to study and master CMT(Common Mistake Type 3 and 4).
4-5 questions of CMT are given on actual GMAT and if you got 1-2 questions wrong, you would receive 49.
If you got 0-1 questions wrong, you would hit 50-51.

One of our courses "Advanced" covers questions which determine 50-51, including CMT 3 and 4 with extra tips.
So, hitting 49 is not that difficult.

Additionally, below is an useful article featured in GMAT Club for your reference. This will be helpful for you.
· Ultimate Q51 Guide : the-ultimate-q51-guide-209801.html

If you have any other query on our course, please refer to FAQ on our website below.
http://mathrevolution.com/board/list?cu ... thGuidance

Thank you.

See our Youtube demo

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2016, 12:00
I have Just ordered the book will see how the book content is . As per the description on Amazon. I guess there are not many practice problems Just theory. I hope the cover of the book Feels premium not like a plain old printed paper.

Expert Post
P

Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2016, 00:31
TIMEBBA wrote:
I have Just ordered the book will see how the book content is . As per the description on Amazon. I guess there are not many practice problems Just theory. I hope the cover of the book Feels premium not like a plain old printed paper.

Hello, TIMEBBA

Thank you for purchasing Math Revolution GMAT BOOK.
When you receive our book, you will know but we would like to tell you first that the book has practice questions not only theories.
If you have questions while studying with our book.
Just e-mail us at info@mathrevolution.com

We are willing to help your study ^^

See our Youtube demo

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2016, 12:07
Hi

I purchase the book on Kindle version since paperback not available in my country.. am from engineering background
please let me know Is this one enough to score 45+ in Quants?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
P

Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2016, 22:45
sakthi88 wrote:
Hi

I purchase the book on Kindle version since paperback not available in my country.. am from engineering background
please let me know Is this one enough to score 45+ in Quants?

Hi sakthi88,

Thank you for your interest and query.
You can surely learn our unique approaches of Variable approach for DS and IVY approach for PS via book.
However, in order to fully understand the approaches and hit at least 49 or above just like 90% of our students, we would like to highly recommend taking our online course.

Please try Free Trial Pack(5 hours) on our website(www.mathrevolution.com) where you can learn the approaches. You can see whether you like them or not before enrolling.

We also have a 7-day money back guarantee, a risk-free purchase. You can cancel anytime within 7 days.

Additionally, the below is a useful article featured in GMAT Club for your reference. This will be helpful for you.

· Most Updated Math Trend : overview-of-gmat-math-question-types-and-patterns-on-the-gmat-211809.html

You can also refer to FAQ on our website. -> http://www.mathrevolution.com/board/lis ... thGuidance

Lastly, we would like to share the link below.
This is not testimonial but just comments of our students' real voice after they take an exam.
math-revolution-story-224118.html
You can also do the same if you study with us!

If you have any other question, please let us know at info@mathrevolution.com

Happy Studying!

See our Youtube demo

Re: The 1st edition of "Math Revolution GMAT" Book   [#permalink] 14 Nov 2016, 22:45

The 1st edition of "Math Revolution GMAT" Book

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap