GMAT Quantitative Chat

GMAT Data Insight Chat

MBA Chat

go back
Tuck Dartmouth 3 members online out of 2784
dots
Forum discussion
Chat members
Pinned: Please update your Tuck decision in the tracker https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... ister.html
Pin
ViktorBreadKrum wrote:
Thanks for the offers of support :) I’ve sent PMs.

Way to go!! My interviewer was extremely nice and it felt more like a conversation (with some leading behavioral questions) than anything!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey fellow applicants,
It would be great and helpful to everyone who’s applied or applying in the future to Tuck, if you could update your decision trackers.

For Interview invites:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tracker/index.html

For Interview debriefs:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... riefs.html
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I submitted my application for R2 about a month ago and received an interview invite from Tuck today! So don’t give up hope yet, folks. Good luck to everyone!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Congratulations
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
kswest wrote:
I submitted my application for R2 about a month ago and received an interview invite from Tuck today! So don’t give up hope yet, folks. Good luck to everyone!

best of luck! hope you ace your interview! tuck interviews are pretty structure and easy to prepare
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
nydedan wrote:
kswest wrote:

best of luck! hope you ace your interview! tuck interviews are pretty structure and easy to prepare

Thank you! :heart :please:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey friends. I’m curious about something regarding the interview process, mainly for Tuck since mine is coming up this week, but I guess in general as well.

Typically, do interviewers move around when doing their note-taking? For example, if I answer a question and it inadvertently answers part of another, I presume they’ll make a note of that in the appropriate place, right?

I get pretty anxious when I realize I might have repeated myself in another question so I was wondering how much I need to worry about that 😅

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Not to worry on this. For ex. Why MBA and goals are kind of overlapping. You can frame it up in such a way that one leads to the other. Then you can avoid answering both if needed or vice versa as required. There key focus is on clarity in the answers. They should be able to understand your motivations behind what your doing and what you want to do through an MBA and that too at Tuck
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Perfect. This helps a lot. Thanks so much for your answer 🤝
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Everyone, Does anyone know what percentage of application received interview invite at Tuck? I have not received one yet so was wondering if I can get some idea especially any recent couple of years trends.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
AayushGarg12345 wrote:
Hi Everyone, Does anyone know what percentage of application received interview invite at Tuck? I have not received one yet so was wondering if I can get some idea especially any recent couple of years trends.

That’s hard to figure out, because they have guaranteed interviews for each round if you submit by an earlier deadline
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
When is a good time to lose hope about getting an R2 interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Not anytime soon! It’s still early in Feb and they continue rolling out invitations until early March.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
PSP92 wrote:
When is a good time to lose hope about getting an R2 interview?

Mid March
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thank you so much guys!!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Tuck result comes out march 14 so maybe end of Feb (two weeks before decision date)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
If you didn’t get an interview invite by then, high chance of ding or waitlist
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Guys, does Tuck evaluate applications on rolling basis or only after the deadlines?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
GMATScorer21 wrote:
Guys, does Tuck evaluate applications on rolling basis or only after the deadlines?

Rolling basis
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got an invite today (Indian, 2.5 yrs in healthcare consulting; 740 GMAT)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
(Interview invite)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I got an interview invite today
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Time
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yesterday 11:58pm Ist
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Just had my interview (will submit a full debrief.

I think these interviews are generally straightforward so you’re definitely set up for success, however I had some time to think about my answers and I don’t think I effectively highlighted the qualities they want even though I had these stories lined up.

Just giving you all a heads up that you might fall into the trap I did in that you get so comfortable you stop being strategic about your stories.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
You should know your anecdotes really well, and enough to almost force them into the questions they ask so you can showcase the qualities you need to.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks mate
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
What is the basic template of questions from their end?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hi! do you guys know how many interview invites Tuck releases, for each spot in the cohort?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Also, any Tuck specific sources you can share that you used to prepare?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
zeus_bull wrote:
What is the basic template of questions from their end?

Pretty standard:
1) Tell me about yourself and why we’re having this chat (basically why MBA)
2) Tell me where Tuck fits into this
3) Short and long term goals
4) Time when you gave feedback for something difficult
5) Time when you received difficult feedback
6) Something you’re proud of (which I think is where I should have used my planned answer showcasing my "Smart" quality, but changed my mind in the interview, which I regret)
7) Anything else you want us to know
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
In terms of sources, I spoke to several people on this sub privately for advice, and also watched Tuck Q&A events, along with using MBA Admissions’ free interview guide.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
*MBA Mission’s sorry
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks a lot
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got interview invite from Tuck. So folks don’t loose hope. Invites are still trickling in.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Today? Now?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
AYUSH198 wrote:
Got interview invite from Tuck. So folks don’t loose hope. Invites are still trickling in.

Heartiest congratulations
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
tbdu wrote:
Today? Now?

got it late night Friday IST
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
congrats and wish you all the best with the interview
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I got mine yesterday!
Please, don’t lose hope
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi guys, I interviewed on Jan25th, but my application status in the portal hasnt been changed to interviewed. In fact, it still appears as submitted. Should I be worried?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same for me. Not to worry
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can someone give me further insight into the guaranteed interview? I’m applying in R3
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
theanalyzer13 wrote:
Same for me. Not to worry

Thank you ☺️
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is Tuck done with interview invites and should I move on?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello everyone,

I recently had my interview at Tuck, and I came out feeling quite positive about how it went. During our conversation, after I shared my strong interest in real estate, my interviewer offered to connect me with the co-chair of the Real Estate Club.

I’m curious to know from the forum: Is it standard practice for interviewers to offer connections to potential students based on their interests, or should I take this as a particularly good sign regarding how my interview went?

Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences on this. Thank you in advance!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Meirab wrote:
Hello everyone, I recently had my interview at Tuck, and I came out feeling quite positive about how it went. During our conversation, after I shared my strong interest in real estate, my interviewer offered to connect me with the co-chair of the Real Estate Club. I’m curious to know from the forum: Is it standard practice for interviewers to offer connections to potential students based on their interests, or should I take this as a particularly good sign regarding how my interview went? Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences on this. Thank you in advance!

Glad to hear that the interviews went well! It’s certainly a good sign and it probably means that you did well to excellence. I don’t see why they would recommend you to connect with someone if they think you are not at least okay.

Whether it’s a standard or not is not important as each interview has different practices and degree of friendliness so I wouldn’t over-index on that.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ChristopherZheng wrote:
Glad to hear that the interviews went well! It’s certainly a good sign and it probably means that you did well to excellence. I don’t see why they would recommend you to connect with someone if they think you are not at least okay. Whether it’s a standard or not is not important as each interview has different practices and degree of friendliness so I wouldn’t over-index on that.

Thank you for the positive feedback and insights! It’s reassuring to hear, and I appreciate your perspective on the interview process.

Thanks again!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did anyone receive a post-interview email from Tuck? Kinda a guidance on next steps after the interview to encourage continued engagement with the school. Other schools seem to have this email but I didn’t receive any from Tuck.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I actually haven’t received anything like that from any school. I’ve only received continued email correspondence about events that seem to be unrelated to my current application status.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is ther still hope for interview invites?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
A friend of mine received his interview invite last weekend, so I think they are still sending invitations, but I suspect that depends on how it went for other applicants in their interviews, and if the school needs to fill an empty spot
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi All, I’m applying in R3, would anyone from R1 or R2 be open to connect for a quick chat on your experience please. Thank you in advance!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
NidhiNNNP wrote:
Hi All, I’m applying in R3, would anyone from R1 or R2 be open to connect for a quick chat on your experience please. Thank you in advance!

You can DM me!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
NidhiNNNP wrote:

Sure! You can DM me as well.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
NidhiNNNP wrote:

Feel free to connect
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can anyone advice me on Admit Experts?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
NidhiNNNP wrote:

Happy to help
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does anyone know if the decisions are rolled out earlier as well than the decision notification date?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
For Tuck?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mentis678 wrote:
Can anyone advice me on Admit Experts?

Arvind is good! Regardless, do your due diligence with any consultant - talk to past candidates.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
All decisions on Decision day
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Guys
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got an invite yesterday night
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Congratulations
Can i know your post mba goal?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nycc wrote:

R2 applicant?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Congratulations btw!! :-)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone here who got waitlisted in R1 and yet to get response from Tuck?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nycc wrote:

Thats great news! Congratulations ! until when do you think they roll out the interviews?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am R2 applicant with guarantee interview (interviewed with 2Y student on Dec 17). I received an additional interview invite last night. Does anyone have the similar situation?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
R03210/DLIN wrote:
I am R2 applicant with guarantee interview (interviewed with 2Y student on Dec 17). I received an additional interview invite last night. Does anyone have the similar situation?

Not me. But it seems to be a positive sign. All the best!

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
R03210/DLIN wrote:

Are you international or domestic?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It’s a good sign. It’s either 1) there was issue with your first interviewer report (or overall approach and they found out later) or 2) they like you but on the fence so want to connect with you again.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It’s really a good sign, all the best for your second interview
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hasbro522 wrote:
R03210/DLIN wrote:

Are you international or domestic?

­International Student, based in Singapore 
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ChristopherZheng wrote:
It’s a good sign. It’s either 1) there was issue with your first interviewer report (or overall approach and they found out later) or 2) they like you but on the fence so want to connect with you again.

­Thanks :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Auror_07 wrote:
R2 applicant?

Yes
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Auror_07 wrote:
Congratulations btw!! :-)

Thank you
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
PSP92 wrote:
Thats great news! Congratulations ! until when do you think they roll out the interviews?

Thank you. Next week I think
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
had a second interview on R1 and got waitlisted
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
think they wanted to better assess english language skills
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
dreamaboutit wrote:
think they wanted to better assess english language skills

bleh..What GMAT/GRE did you submit ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
dreamaboutit wrote:
had a second interview on R1 and got waitlisted

how do we get second interviews?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Guys, for Tuck MBA, we only have to submit unofficial test scores as part of the application right?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Correct
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got an interview invite two hours back 😃
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mudassirkhan1793 wrote:
Got an interview invite two hours back 😃

Is it a guaranteed interview or interview by invitation?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
theanalyzer13 wrote:
Correct

Thanx!

Guys, does applying in guaranteed interview period give an advantage or a better opportunity to share our application strengths?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I’m not sure, what I believe is that going to Hanover actually helps
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
they are in a remote location and usually highlight the strenght of their network
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
so going there and getting to know the people and the community shows a commitment, that it is valued when deciding about the applicants (in my opinion)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
That’s debatable
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Admission process is meant to be fair. Unless you are in the US, the cost of visiting, getting visa and staying in us can be very expensive
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I was told by many adcom that visiting is meant more for students than anything..
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I’m not saying, it doesn’t help but I heard conflicted info as they want to make it fair and most international students can’t afford a visit to us school that easily
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ps: I’m in the US and visited all my schools but I didn’t do it for admission purpose.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anyone in R1 received a welcome pack? All the other schools I’ve been admitted to (but chose not to attend) sent me one but so far nothing from Tuck. Obviously not a huge deal but just wanted to check if others received theirs.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
What are some of these other schools that sent you a welcome pack? Curious because I didn’t get any
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
In my opinion, visiting the school shows commitment and confirm that you are truly interested an willing to join if accected. Even more if you are international! (imagine travelling for another country, I did it and I kmow that all international applicants that I know and went to the school, at leats got the interview). But for sure that doesn’t grant the acceptance as there are much more factors to consider and it is perfectly possible to go and be rejected (as actually happened to me with another business school haha). If there is no fit with the school, then nothing will help.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
sorry for the errors, writing from the cell phone
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin