GMAT Quantitative Chat

GMAT Data Insight Chat

MBA Chat

go back
Haas UC Berkeley 7 members online out of 3005
dots
Forum discussion
Chat members
Pinned: Please update your decisions in the tracker https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... ister.html
Pin
I got the email, but wasn’t it sent to all subscribers?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Minseol wrote:
Anyone who applied to round 2 received an invitation to attend online mock classes at Haas via email?

Replied to this.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
HiHigh1004 wrote:
I got the email, but wasn’t it sent to all subscribers?

I tried to ignore it, but ‘some prospective’ kept catching my eye, so I wanted to check whether I’m receiving all of it or not. Thanks for the response!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone from LATAM have received interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
nydedan wrote:
Hey, I don’t know whether the process for consortium applicants is different, but for individual applicants the Video Essay (defining leadership principle) is always on the portal and must be completed before hitting submit. It was a section called "Video Essay" on the menu on the left of the screen and once you click it a web recorder will appear. I don’t know if it shows differently for consortium.

Hey thanks for looking out nydedan. I just got an email from Berkeley 2 days ago stating that they received my application and I have a week to submit the Video Essays, so I am in the clear. Thanks again for your response.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I see a lot of people on LiveWire asking if others have received an email saying something along the lines of "your application is complete." I assume this is different than the email confirming the submission of your application? Has anybody received the "application complete" email? Kinda curious what that means in the review process
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
swanny60 wrote:
I see a lot of people on LiveWire asking if others have received an email saying something along the lines of "your application is complete." I assume this is different than the email confirming the submission of your application? Has anybody received the "application complete" email? Kinda curious what that means in the review process

I have not. Got your app is submitted but that’s all. Ended up calling them to confirm they had everything needed and they confirmed my app was under review
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
So pretty sure they will reach out if you are missing anything.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Are they still rolling out invites for non-consortium folks?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi everyone! Please welcome oiploiloi as the new Haas sub-forum moderator.

oiploiloi is taking over and building on top of the insane success of @yellowgood (congrats on the 10 Admits)!

P.S. Good luck with the Interview invites! 🤞 Join us for free interview prep sessions with R1 Admits & Experts
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks bb!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone from India received the invite?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any non consortium invites?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did anyone get the Haas Mock Class invitation? I got one earlier this week & thought it was a generic email, but apparently not everyone gets it?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
pc5181995 wrote:
Did anyone get the Haas Mock Class invitation? I got one earlier this week & thought it was a generic email, but apparently not everyone gets it?

I did- thought it was generic
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
pc5181995 wrote:

What makes you think it’s not generic?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Saw it on someone’s Reddit comment. could be reading into it too much.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
do you guys mean this email? --> Come Meet Us In Bogotá
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
in D.C. XYZ Hotel Lobby?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
No i guess, this is generic
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Bee2023 wrote:
What makes you think it’s not generic?

because it is not listed on its events page
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is the invite still rolling?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I believe so! Last year they rolled out all the way into March
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
has anybody gotten interview invites in the past few days ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Just woke up to an interview invite. Applied via the Consortium on 1/5/24.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, everyone, we have a Haas interview prep session today at 4 PM Pacific. You can join here https://www.airmeet.com/e/8f9c23e0-b359 ... 39bfe1bd2b
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey everyone
I was just wondering if anyone from the R1 waitlist received an admit..
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
They said they would start reviewing the shortlisted candidates again after R1 deposit deadline
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
when is that?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did anyone from India received interview invite recently?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I just received an email from Haas stating ’Thank you for submitting your application for admission to the Full-Time MBA Program at Berkeley Haas School of Business. Your file is now complete and ready for review by the admissions committee.’
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I submitted my application before R2 deadline.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
LokeshReddyB wrote:
I just received an email from Haas stating ’Thank you for submitting your application for admission to the Full-Time MBA Program at Berkeley Haas School of Business. Your file is now complete and ready for review by the admissions committee.’

I don’t think many people know what that email really means in the application process.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Some one from R1 in this forum got that email after getting interviewed
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
LokeshReddyB wrote:

I also got this email an hr back. I submitted my application 03/01.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Maybe it’s a good sign fr you. I never got any
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I read through a lot of forums about it. What I learned is - It’s a random email. There’s no pattern associated with it.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I would say we all have an equal shot and that email is not an indicator for anything.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
The only thing that I saw when I checked the forums was that a lot of people get the email and invitation to interview on the same day. And many of them got accepted. So my theory is that your application is strong when that happens. But only a theory.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yeah. As I said, there are so many theories around this email that a pattern could not be associated with it. I read about the email here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 3-140.html
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
shashwataggarwal wrote:
I also got this email an hr back. I submitted my application 03/01.

Any update since then?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
tbh, the rolling interview invite system is awful
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I had a chat with one of the adcom members. She said that the invites will go on till mid of march.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Bee2023 wrote:
Any update since then?

nope
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Question - I got laid off last September while applying (R2), but just started working a contract role. I’m going to update AdCom, but how exactly do I do this? Do I just email them?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Send an updated resume
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
updated résumé is a nice idea. You can hopefully make it sound more positive too!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
At this point should we expect more interview invites?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
creed1196 wrote:
At this point should we expect more interview invites?

yes, Haas goes quite late in sending interview invites
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has everyone received the application complete email notification?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I received it 02/06. No updates since then. Losing hope at this point really
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I didn’t even receive this email. Should I consider it a ding?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Bee2023 wrote:
I didn’t even receive this email. Should I consider it a ding?

I got the application complete email after my interview invite so I wouldn’t lose hope.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mashiath wrote:
They said they would start reviewing the shortlisted candidates again after R1 deposit deadline

Thanks! Any idea what the deposit deadline for R1 was?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I received an email today that said- "Thank you for submitting your application for admission to the Full-Time MBA Program at Berkeley Haas School of Business. Your file is under review by the admissions committee." Any idea what this implies?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It is different from the "Application Complete" email that everyone is receiving I think.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It probably is auto-generated as I got it at 7:30 am PST.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Bee2023 wrote:
I received an email today that said- "Thank you for submitting your application for admission to the Full-Time MBA Program at Berkeley Haas School of Business. Your file is under review by the admissions committee." Any idea what this implies?

What was the subject of the email? Today is also a holiday in the US
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
santx wrote:
What was the subject of the email? Today is also a holiday in the US

“Your Berkeley Haas Application Status”
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yeah the email subject for the one I received a couple weeks ago was “Your Berkeley Haas Application is Complete”.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
santx wrote:
Yeah the email subject for the one I received a couple weeks ago was “Your Berkeley Haas Application is Complete”.

Same here
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
santx wrote:

Anything else after that?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anne_123 wrote:
Anything else after that?

Nope
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nothing here either. Already interviewed with the East coast counterpart for this school but nothing here so far. Submitted apps in December

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
As per Livewire few people got invited over the weekend and yesterday
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any update from anyone from LATAM?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I didn’t get any news since the application....
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
female from Brazil
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Just got the "Your Berkeley Haas Application Status" email as well - any update from anyone who received this email as well? Different from the Application Complete email.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mariafernandamar wrote:
Any update from anyone from LATAM?

nothing here, female from Brazil as well
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
pc5181995 wrote:
Just got the "Your Berkeley Haas Application Status" email as well - any update from anyone who received this email as well? Different from the Application Complete email.

I got this email on Monday. No update since.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
pc5181995 wrote:

Still havent gotten this email.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is the Status update email different than application complete one?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Doesn’t seem there is a difference. I have been trying to understand the pattern of these emails. Most applicants who get invited to interview receive the application status/complete email a couple hours after the interview invite.
So the application complete/status email seems to indicate that there was a decision made about your application (reject/wl/interview)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I got the same mail, but i haven’t been invited to the interview
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
sahithya63 wrote:
I got the same mail, but i haven’t been invited to the interview

Same.
It probably means wl or rejection. Since we didn’t get the invite to interview along with the application complete/status email.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Oh okay!!
Thanks for the info!!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I didn’t get anything
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Then you may still have a chance
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
santx wrote:
Doesn’t seem there is a difference. I have been trying to understand the pattern of these emails. Most applicants who get invited to interview receive the application status/complete email a couple hours after the interview invite. So the application complete/status email seems to indicate that there was a decision made about your application (reject/wl/interview)

I see only one difference - the application complete mail says "your application is ready for review" while the status update mail says "application under review". Did anyone get both emails?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Was anyone interviewed by Haas at all? I don’t see any updates over here or on other forums about interview experiences.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am quite confused. I only received "Your Berkeley Haas Application is Complete", I don’t understand the difference with the other email.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Vinodhini1803 wrote:
Was anyone interviewed by Haas at all? I don’t see any updates over here or on other forums about interview experiences.

Hey there. I was interviewed by Haas on 2/20/24.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mariafernandamar wrote:
I am quite confused. I only received "Your Berkeley Haas Application is Complete", I don’t understand the difference with the other email.

Same - think its safe to assume ding
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did all of you applied in R2? So far I only got application submission confirmation from Jan 2 when I submitted. Am I supposed to receive any other email?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I applied R2, and I got the second email (Your Berkeley Haas Application Status) last week but no interview invite. Someone on reddit told me that this means that they’ve made a decision on your application so if there’s no invite, then its either a ding/waitlist. But someone else mentioned they got their interview invite a few weeks after receiving that email. I guess there’s no way of knowing, it could mean anything. :.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
How can you tackle a LOW GMAT Score for Top MBA Programs?

Feeling anxious about how your GMAT Score could impact your MBA application? Don’t let a single number determine your future! Join us for a coffee session, and discover effective strategies on crafting a compelling application for leading business schools, even if your GMAT Score is not at its highest. Let’s explore together how you can stand out and shine in the application process.

March 07, 2024
10.30 AM ET | 9.00 PM IST

Speakers for the session:
1. Sanjna Dhingra: Got into INSEAD & IESE with 680 GMAT in Round 3
2. Arshween: Got admits from Imperial Business School, Warwick & UBC Sauder with 670 GMAT and scholarship

What do you get at the end of the session?
1. Strategies to overcome a LOW GMAT score in your application
2. GMAT Waiver sample letter

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE SESSION
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I logged in and I found that I was invited for an interview. I received the application complete email. I am just writing this to keep the faith alive guys!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is that written on your application status page?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mariafernandamar wrote:
I logged in and I found that I was invited for an interview. I received the application complete email. I am just writing this to keep the faith alive guys!

Same here! I received the application complete email about a month ago.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Where did you know that you got an interview invite?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same question - where exactly in the portal does it show that?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Email + Portal Home Page. Application complete email also came on the same day for me.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same, I received a portal home update when I logged in and then early this morning I received the email.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mariafernandamar wrote:
Same, I received a portal home update when I logged in and then early this morning I received the email.

Congrats. Which country are you applying from ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Amazing
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I just got this e-mail earlier today:

Your Berkeley Haas Application Status

Thank you for submitting your application for admission to the Full-Time MBA Program at Berkeley Haas School of Business. Your file is under review by the admissions committee.

Still hoping for an invite
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Don’t give up! Still 2 weeks left where they could interview more applicants. I hear they can go as late as March 14th - a week before deadlines.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
JuneGmat94 wrote:
Don’t give up! Still 2 weeks left where they could interview more applicants. I hear they can go as late as March 14th - a week before deadlines. Posted from my mobile device

if I recieve anything I will let you guys know. Let`s wait and see what hapens!
If someone else recieves and invite, please put it here as well, so we can have an idea later on until when do they really still call for invites
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
for interview **
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin