MBA Chat

go back
Kellogg 4 members online out of 4655
dots
Forum discussion
Chat members
nikolajokic wrote:
Hello guys.

Just for curiosity, are you guys also receiving those "Catch up with Kellogg faculty" Already imagining your schedule, my name ? kind of e-mail?

Since I have already been interviewed like a month ago, I was wondering if everyone who applied R2 is receiving the same type of e-mail, regardless of being interviewed or not?

­Did you also do the invitation to chat with a student?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
nikolajokic wrote:
Hello guys.

Just for curiosity, are you guys also receiving those "Catch up with Kellogg faculty" Already imagining your schedule, my name ? kind of e-mail?

Since I have already been interviewed like a month ago, I was wondering if everyone who applied R2 is receiving the same type of e-mail, regardless of being interviewed or not?

I interviewed and I also received this email.

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Just finished the interview. Adcom alumni. Major focus on my resume, leadership experiences, how I manage my team etc.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same here, very similar focus
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can we fill financial aid form after receiving decision?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Sakshi777 wrote:

I don’t think so. It’s mentioned "Due 3 weeks before decision release". You may want to check with the school, if a compelling argument can be made.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I asked a recent R1 admit and they said they did see the form after receiving the decision. Can any R1 admit please confirm this. Thanks
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
why do you want to fill the form later?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
the financial aid form
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does filling financial Aid form have any effect on admissions?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
prasundps5 wrote:
Does filling financial Aid form have any effect on admissions?

­Hey, prasundps5

To be very honest, this is a bit of a complicated question. It depends a lot on the B-school; for example, at HBS, students can fill out the financial aid application after they are admitted to their MBA program. Moreover, applying for financial aid doesn’t relate to whether or not a student gains admission. Usually, Adcoms don’t simply look at the fact that you are applying for financial assistance, assume that you need this, review your application based on your merits, and If you’re a good candidate, they just put your name on the list. 

Things are slightly different if you are applying to a business school that has a very strict limit on the financial aid you can receive. Who would they be most likely to give it to? In such cases, they will consider your ability to pay when making admission decisions. This means that if you don’t have good grades and other achievements, your financial need could hurt your chances of getting in. Students with better grades and achievements are more likely to receive aid.

I hope this helps!  

Cheers!
Abhyank
Founder & CEO 
BOOK A FREE CALL
MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting

Customer Reviews|Profile Evaluation|School Explorer
Contact us: +91-8448224865  ­­­­­­­­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MiMEssay wrote:
­Hey, prasundps5 To be very honest, this is a bit of a complicated question. It depends a lot on the B-school; for example, at HBS, students can fill out the financial aid application after they are admitted to their MBA program. Moreover, applying for financial aid doesn’t relate to whether or not a student gains admission. Usually, Adcoms don’t simply look at the fact that you are applying for financial assistance, assume that you need this, review your application based on your merits, and If you’re a good candidate, they just put your name on the list.  Things are slightly different if you are applying to a business school that has a very strict limit on the financial aid you can receive. Who would they be most likely to give it to? In such cases, they will consider your ability to pay when making admission decisions. This means that if you don’t have good grades and other achievements, your financial need could hurt your chances of getting in. Students with better grades and achievements are more likely to receive aid. I hope this helps!   Cheers! Abhyank Founder & CEO  BOOK A FREE CALL MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting Customer Reviews|Profile Evaluation|School Explorer Contact us: +91-8448224865  ­­­­­­­­

I meant in the context of Kellogg does it matter ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Sakshi777 wrote:
I asked a recent R1 admit and they said they did see the form after receiving the decision. Can any R1 admit please confirm this. Thanks

AFAIK the due date is tomorrow
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
When can R1 waitlisted candidates expect to hear back from Kellogg?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
so I sent a thank you note to the interviewer (adcom) but didn’t hear back. should I follow up?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
nord471 wrote:
so I sent a thank you note to the interviewer (adcom) but didn’t hear back. should I follow up?

­Did you ask a specific question or was it just a standard follow up?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
nord471 wrote:

Same here. Expressed gratitude and asked questions about school resources but no reply.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Was it with an adcom?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Sakshi777 wrote:

Yes, you can. We got the decision on Dec 13 and the deadline to fill the aid form was Jan 12. Aids were disbursed by Feb 2.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi everyone, Hello , I’m planning to take the video essay tomorrow and I have a question , can you please tell me if the video essay block all your screen while it’s recording or you can still look at the notes?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
You can switch between tabs/windows! You will only have 60 seconds to prepare your answer though, so I’d rather try to come up with a good answer on the spot than to lose valuable time searching through notes (unless they are very brief and you only need a few seconds to read them)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
cch_ wrote:
nord471 wrote:

Same here. Expressed gratitude and asked questions about school resources but no reply.

Yes, it’s with adcom who is an alumna. The mail went to her spam folder. She just replied and said will give me the information soon. Hope this helps!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yousra_750 wrote:
Hi everyone, Hello , I’m planning to take the video essay tomorrow and I have a question , can you please tell me if the video essay block all your screen while it’s recording or you can still look at the notes?

It doesn’t block the screen, but I don’t think you’ll be able to go back and forth fast enough.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yousra_750 wrote:

You’ll have limited time to prepare the answers. So have a few stories planned for behavioral questions before you start. Also maintaining eye contact with the camera is good. If it looks like you’re reading out of a pre-planned script, it might not create the best image of you. So prepare properly before you start.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
meghanarrajan wrote:
You’ll have limited time to prepare the answers. So have a few stories planned for behavioral questions before you start. Also maintaining eye contact with the camera is good. If it looks like you’re reading out of a pre-planned script, it might not create the best image of you. So prepare properly before you start.

I agree
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
meghanarrajan wrote:

That is definitely useful. Kudos given! To add to this, if you have something like a sticky note that you can place about 1 cm below the camera to keep you focused on that as opposed to seeing yourself on the screen, that would also be a good way because seeing yourself speak can trigger some unconscious reactions. Structure your thoughts using some frameworks (not the STAR framework- matching values with kellogg is important)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Also if any of you are looking to go into consulting and want pre-MBA case interview prep, feel free to reach out. And good luck to everyone for the decisions coming soon
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
prasundps5 wrote:
MiMEssay wrote:
Hey, prasundps5 To be very honest, this is a bit of a complicated question. It depends a lot on the B-school; for example, at HBS, students can fill out the financial aid application after they are admitted to their MBA program. Moreover, applying for financial aid doesn’t relate to whether or not a student gains admission. Usually, Adcoms don’t simply look at the fact that you are applying for financial assistance, assume that you need this, review your application based on your merits, and If you’re a good candidate, they just put your name on the list.  Things are slightly different if you are applying to a business school that has a very strict limit on the financial aid you can receive. Who would they be most likely to give it to? In such cases, they will consider your ability to pay when making admission decisions. This means that if you don’t have good grades and other achievements, your financial need could hurt your chances of getting in. Students with better grades and achievements are more likely to receive aid. I hope this helps! 

Cheers!
Abhyank
Founder & CEO MIM Essay
BOOK A FREE CALL
Contact us: +91-8448224865  

I meant in the context of Kellogg does it matter ?

­From What I can find out on the official website, at Kellogg, 62 percent of students have some form of financial aid, whether it’s a loan or a scholarship. It’s a pretty high percentage, meaning they are financial aid-friendly. Moreover, admitted international students are automatically considered for all merit scholarships, and any International students interested in financial aid are offered private student loans (requiring a U.S. cosigner). So, I would say filling out a Financial Aid form doesn’t have any effect on admissions.

The instructions for filling out the Financial Aid form are slightly different for international citizens. You can access the form on your applicant portal after the application round deadline. You will need to complete and submit the Kellogg Application for Financial Aid, and any additional instructions will be provided once you begin filling out the form.

If you need to contact Kellogg regarding financial aid, you can either email them at finaid@kellogg.northwestern.edu or call them at 847.491.3308.

I hope this helps! :) 
Cheers!

Abhyank
Founder & CEO 
BOOK A FREE CALL

Contact us: +91-8448224865  ­­­­­­­­­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did you guys all receive "The wait is almost over"? It makes me more crazy and it is 1am here :lol: Cannot sleep
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
silverahin wrote:
Did you guys all receive "The wait is almost over"? It makes me more crazy and it is 1am here :lol: Cannot sleep

What do you mean "the wait is almost over" did you receive a new email? haha
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Oh sorry Email from admissions
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Title was "The wait is almost over"
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
silverahin wrote:
Oh sorry Email from admissions

No worries at all haha. Does it have anything fun or interesting in the email? I didn’t receive it. Kellogg is my #1, so I definitely understand the anticipation.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nothing special. It just said
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
" You’ll receive your admissions decision soon. Whether it’s good news or not-so-good news, your perfect-fit MBA is out there. "
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
silverahin wrote:

Is everyone received this email ??

I didn’t get any 🤐
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MiMEssay wrote:
­From What I can find out on the official website, at Kellogg, 62 percent of students have some form of financial aid, whether it’s a loan or a scholarship. It’s a pretty high percentage, meaning they are financial aid-friendly. Moreover, admitted international students are automatically considered for all merit scholarships, and any International students interested in financial aid are offered private student loans (requiring a U.S. cosigner). So, I would say filling out a Financial Aid form doesn’t have any effect on admissions. The instructions for filling out the Financial Aid form are slightly different for international citizens. You can access the form on your applicant portal after the application round deadline. You will need to complete and submit the Kellogg Application for Financial Aid, and any additional instructions will be provided once you begin filling out the form. If you need to contact Kellogg regarding financial aid, you can either email them at finaid@kellogg.northwestern.edu or call them at 847.491.3308. I hope this helps! :)  Cheers! Abhyank Founder & CEO  BOOK A FREE CALL MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting Customer Reviews|Profile Evaluation|School Explorer Contact us: +91-8448224865  ­­­­­­­­­

Thanks
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Didn’t get such a mail
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
After completing the interview, do you guys see the status of interview completed on the portal. I completed the interview long back but my status on the portal still shows "interview scheduled"
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It was like that for me in R1 as well till I got the decision
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
should i be reaching out to my interviewer in case this is a problem ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nope, leave it as is
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
They have recorded that you infact did your interview
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Kellogg knows
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
They just have not updated the system
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
thirusun wrote:
It was like that for me in R1 as well till I got the decision

Did you get admitted in R1?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anyone got a kellogg interview invite this week?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I wanted to ask If I redeem my GMAT club points for 10 days access to TTP course, will I get access to all the test available at TTP or it’ll be limited like how to give in 5 days trial?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mauryashristi61 wrote:
I wanted to ask If I redeem my GMAT club points for 10 days access to TTP course, will I get access to all the test available at TTP or it’ll be limited like how to give in 5 days trial?

Please check or ask in the main chat group. This chat is specific to Kellogg only. Thanks!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­So I’m hearing that today would have been the last day interview invites went out? Sounds like I can throw in the towel and say I tried my and acknowledge that sometimes it doesn’t work :’)  
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mauryashristi61 wrote:

Check ur mess
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Well I didn’t receive any either so I’m right there with ya
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anyone ever been accepted into Kellogg without an interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Fisherfly457 wrote:
Has anyone ever been accepted into Kellogg without an interview?

No offers without an interview.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
How about waitlists without an interview
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
That just means you’re one above rejected but one below those waitlisted after an interview.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
silverahin wrote:
" You’ll receive your admissions decision soon. Whether it’s good news or not-so-good news, your perfect-fit MBA is out there. "

I haven’t received any such email :( Has everyone got one ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Sounds like a mass email though
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I received it an hour back. they might be sending in batches
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
decision date is 27th though, isn’t it?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes correct
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
nord471 wrote:

But why in batches though ? Very curious now !!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
nord471 wrote:

I received it around an hour ago too. Last week a few people did too.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
silverahin wrote:

Got mine at 9:08 CT. It’s nerve-wracking…good luck to everyone!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have two questions

1. Where are people seeing their application status change? Mine has been submitted throughout and I interviewed on Feb 6th
2. In the recent email "the wait is over" there was a link to access the Decision Portal looks significantly different from the one I had been using till date. Which one is correct and where does it reflect the status.

Link to the one I was using till now - admissions.kellogg.northwestern.edu/apply/status
Link I got in the mass email today - admissions.kellogg.northwestern.edu/portal/inquiry?cmd=welcome

Also, folks who are wondering about the mass email - yes you should all be getting it soon enough since the link (second one above) to the portal was present only there. Apologies if this is a dumb ask and has already been answered
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
cartenon wrote:
I have two questions

1. Where are people seeing their application status change? Mine has been submitted throughout and I interviewed on Feb 6th
2. In the recent email "the wait is over" there was a link to access the Decision Portal looks significantly different from the one I had been using till date. Which one is correct and where does it reflect the status.

Link to the one I was using till now - admissions.kellogg.northwestern.edu/apply/status
Link I got in the mass email today - admissions.kellogg.northwestern.edu/portal/inquiry?cmd=welcome

Also, folks who are wondering about the mass email - yes you should all be getting it soon enough since the link (second one above) to the portal was present only there. Apologies if this is a dumb ask and has already been answered

Not dumb, we’re all trying to understand the same things. I did notice that upon clicking through the email link and logging in I was asked four poll questions(?), not sure what to make of it.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
What kind of poll questions ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
got the mail a couple of hours back
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Sakshi777 wrote:

Same here. Nothing specific. Is your citizenship outside the US? Why do you want to do an MBA? What sector do you want to go to after MBA? Etc.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
and then it takes you to a personalized account portal
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I see. Thanku
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
S2GmatPrep wrote:
Sakshi777 wrote:

Same here. Nothing specific. Is your citizenship outside the US? Why do you want to do an MBA? What sector do you want to go to after MBA? Etc.

Sort of strange in the context of your application right?

The one that threw me was the one asking about club interest and the headline saying “you’d previously indicated interest in these clubs”. I can’t think of any reasons they would ask these questions (neither to the positive or negative wrt my app).

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
fakerleblanc wrote:
Sort of strange in the context of your application right? The one that threw me was the one asking about club interest and the headline saying “you’d previously indicated interest in these clubs”. I can’t think of any reasons they would ask these questions (neither to the positive or negative wrt my app). Posted from my mobile device

The portal says it’s personalized to my experience such as events, interests etc. so I guess that’s what the poll is for. Has nothing to do with the result of the application, I believe.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
has anyone here applied for the MIM?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I got no status updates on the portal since the time I applied. Could not even schedule an interview.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
However they responded back when I wrote to them
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

IMG_7569.jpeg

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
this is a very standard response they give to everyone, including MBA
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did any MBAi student here have their DAK already? It would be great if you could help me with the number of folks accepted in R1 (rough estimate would do).
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
cartenon wrote:
Did any MBAi student here have their DAK already? It would be great if you could help me with the number of folks accepted in R1 (rough estimate would do).

+1
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
fakerleblanc wrote:
Sort of strange in the context of your application right? The one that threw me was the one asking about club interest and the headline saying “you’d previously indicated interest in these clubs”. I can’t think of any reasons they would ask these questions (neither to the positive or negative wrt my app). Posted from my mobile device

Hey Kellogg does it to understand your interest and have clubs reach out to you to elaborate further in case you are admitted. I got into R1, so I am free to answer any questions if you all have any! Cheers!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ggandhi wrote:
Hey Kellogg does it to understand your interest and have clubs reach out to you to elaborate further in case you are admitted. I got into R1, so I am free to answer any questions if you all have any! Cheers!

"Wait if almost over" titled emails did not arrive simultaneously, but came in batches sequentially. Did this have any significance in R1?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ggandhi wrote:

How many admitted students as of R1?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
silverahin wrote:
"Wait if almost over" titled emails did not arrive simultaneously, but came in batches sequentially. Did this have any significance in R1?

Not that I can tell honestly. Everyone kept getting these email in some sequence or the other.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Seems to be that marketing operated independently of adcom. Also that Kellogg sends
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
"admit invite" at the exact same minute to everyone. So I doubt it is related
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
cartenon wrote:

No way to tell as of now. The number of people invited will be completely different than people who end up accepting a seat. Basically, the yield. And with the apps being up according to adcom, there’s really no way to predict the yield.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any news on the MiM results today?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ggandhi wrote:
silverahin wrote:

Not that I can tell honestly. Everyone kept getting these email in some sequence or the other.

Seems to be that marketing operated independently of adcom. Also that Kellogg sends

"admit invite" at the exact same minute to everyone. So I doubt it is related

cartenon wrote:

No way to tell as of now. The number of people invited will be completely different than people who end up accepting a seat. Basically, the yield. And with the apps being up according to adcom, there’s really no way to predict the yield.

­Thanks this is really helpful! What a fun time.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
No worries man. At least with Kellogg you don’t have to worry about “why didn’t I get a call yet? When will I find out etc”. The email goes out simultaneously to everyone at once.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
slk00 wrote:
Any news on the MiM results today?

got the mail, admitted!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi all. Does anyone have any opinions on updating Kellogg Adcom about Consortium membership? My impression is that it would not hurt, but I wonder if they get notified as soon as we get an invitation to join as a member.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does anyone recieved the offical interview waiver? To be honest, an interview waiver for me is like a clear NO.. I know you cannot be addmited without an interview....
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
There is an entry on decision tracker from someone who got into Kellogg 2yr program in Round 2. I thought all results were declared on 27th march
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
cartenon wrote:
There is an entry on decision tracker from someone who got into Kellogg 2yr program in Round 2. I thought all results were declared on 27th march

I only see a MiM post, not 2y
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
the second entry?

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 8.50.33 PM.png

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
How did he/she get the result? I think it’s a mistake, should have been MBA.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
That means no further interviews. I guess last one was a week ago.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, has anyone recieved the interview waiver?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nah my portal is empty with anything related to interviews
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin