Private
Delete
Pin
Okay
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
What does all your profiles say? Like is there any mention of “submitted”? And what are all the checklists that are visible under application checklist? I’m only asking because al that I can see in my application checklist are my LORs and Transcripts. Just wanted to make sure this was ok?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
satkeerti wrote:
What does all your profiles say? Like is there any mention of “submitted”? And what are all the checklists that are visible under application checklist? I’m only asking because al that I can see in my application checklist are my LORs and Transcripts. Just wanted to make sure this was ok?

Yes :thumbsup:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KynnN wrote:
I just interviewed!
The questions are very standard:
1/ TMAY
2/ LT ST
3/ Why MBA? Why Darden?
4/ TMAT Lead team
5/ TMAT work with people from different culture
6/ Who are you outside of work
7/ Anything you wanna ask

Darden people are so nice that it makes it hard to know whether we perform well or not

Can you please inform if with current student or adcom and how much you speak about TMAY?

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KynnN wrote:
I just interviewed! The questions are very standard: 1/ TMAY 2/ LT ST 3/ Why MBA? Why Darden? 4/ TMAT Lead team 5/ TMAT work with people from different culture 6/ Who are you outside of work 7/ Anything you wanna ask Darden people are so nice that it makes it hard to know whether we perform well or not

It’s true. We’re all kind :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mbat1808 wrote:
Can you please inform if with current student or adcom and how much you speak about TMAY? Posted from my mobile device

Sure! I interviewed with an Adcom. She was really nice and would encourage me to talk more, which calmed my nerves!
As for TMAY, I talked for about 5-6 minutes to cover the important points. It’s a lot shorter than recommended on YouTube (which is around 8-10 mins)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Will Darden be rolling out more interview invites? Any idea?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ironman_97 wrote:
Will Darden be rolling out more interview invites? Any idea?

They do. They do so till mid of March
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any doctors who have applied for fall 2024?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KynnN wrote:
mbat1808 wrote:
Can you please inform if with current student or adcom and how much you speak about TMAY? Posted from my mobile device

Sure! I interviewed with an Adcom. She was really nice and would encourage me to talk more, which calmed my nerves!
As for TMAY, I talked for about 5-6 minutes to cover the important points. It’s a lot shorter than recommended on YouTube (which is around 8-10 mins)

Thx did you find out before interview if student or adcom?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
[quote="ehsan420"]Thats what happened to my application.

Late LOR resulted in kicking me out of round 2.[/quote
Congrats on your 770. Where did you study for from the gmat ?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello everyone - please join me in welcoming a new Moderator for the Darden sub-forum urahara - thank you for volunteering and helping out with keeping this topic up to date and clean of spam.

P.S. Got a new mod in town. Appreciate everyone helping too - if you see a spam or inappropriate post, please use the Report Post button. Thank you and good luck with the interview invites everyone!

-BB,
Founder of GMAT Club.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
bb wrote:
Hello everyone - please join me in welcoming a new Moderator for the Darden sub-forum urahara - thank you for volunteering and helping out with keeping this topic up to date and clean of spam.

P.S. Got a new mod in town. Appreciate everyone helping too - if you see a spam or inappropriate post, please use the Report Post button. Thank you and good luck with the interview invites everyone!

-BB,
Founder of GMAT Club.

Thank you, bb!
It’s great to be here with other Darden applicants.

I’m Anirudh from India, and I’ve been in the marketing tech domain for 5 years now. I’m planning to pivot to consulting, and thus, I’m applying to MBA programs. Among them, Darden’s my top choice!

Glad to help if you have any queries or need my help!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hey guys, if my app status is "submitted", does it mean that not review by the adcom yet?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Darden status don’t change until decision comes out
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
So it will stay that way till decision date (at least how R1 was)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mimi123567 wrote:
hey guys, if my app status is "submitted", does it mean that not review by the adcom yet?

Did u get interview call?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello, there is one tool through which we can check our chances for business school.
https://bit.ly/Chances-Bschool
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Khushant07 wrote:
Hello, there is one tool through which we can check our chances for business school. https://bit.ly/Chances-Bschool

These tools aren’t really accurate. I’ve seen live examples where consultants and these tools say there’s no chance and the applicant is already admitted to the school.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
GMATScorer21 wrote:
mimi123567 wrote:

Did u get interview call?

Nope..
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ChristopherZheng wrote:
Darden status don’t change until decision comes out

So it will stay that way till decision date (at least how R1 was)

Thanks for sharing!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does Darden go through all applications? Or do they do an automated preliminary filtering based on things like GMAT score, experience level, geography etc., and send invites to the filtered candidates? Guess what I am asking - Does Darden look at the complete profile or they are also particular about individual items in the profile like GMAT score. Since they do rolling invites, my guess is there must be some filtering based on things like GMAT score, experience level.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any Indian candidate here who has received an interview invite from Darden for R2?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nope...not yet
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Blingg wrote:
Any Indian candidate here who has received an interview invite from Darden for R2?

My interview is tomorrow. I know a couple of others who have received it.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Prashant94 wrote:

Oh, thanks for the info and all the best.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Prashant94 wrote:

Good luck. If the others need help preparing, happy to do so
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Blingg wrote:

My int is tomorrow. Also know a few scheduled/completed their interview.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Blingg wrote:

Yeah invites are out since a week ago for Indians
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
GMATScorer21 wrote:
Yeah invites are out since a week ago for Indians

:thumbsup:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I know from mba live wire
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is Darden still extending interview invites? Nothing for me yet

To those with interview best of luck. Can you pls give update after about interview questions

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi,
Can anybody tell me, how does Darden treat GMAT/GRE waiver application? I have got the waiver approved but no interview call as of yet.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey fellow applicants,
It would be great and helpful to everyone who’s applied or applying in the future to Darden, if you could update your decision trackers.

For Interview invites: https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tracker/index.html
For Interview debriefs: https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... riefs.html
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anyone done interview? Can you pls inform on details with whom you interview if student or adcom interview question and length

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mbat1808 wrote:
Has anyone done interview? Can you pls inform on details with whom you interview if student or adcom interview question and length Posted from my mobile device

I had mine last week. It was with the Director of Admissions. The questions were behavioural mostly. It lasted for around 30mins.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mbat1808 wrote:
Has anyone done interview? Can you pls inform on details with whom you interview if student or adcom interview question and length Posted from my mobile device

Either with a second-year student or an adcom member. Pls follow the below link for interview debriefs. :)

https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... riefs.html
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any word on further interview invites?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
​Hi, everyone, We have a Darden interview prep session with a Darden student at 9 AM Pacific. You can join here https://www.airmeet.com/e/8f9c23e0-b359 ... 39bfe1bd2b
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello. I did not receive any email about my application. Does that mean that my application is denied?
I applied in ths second round.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey any Indian male with a gre got an invite in round 2 ?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Rtmt wrote:
Hey any Indian male with a gre got an invite in round 2 ? Posted from my mobile device

Sorry but how does it matter? Darden does the invites in rolling manner and no point in thinking about what happened with others. Why do you think that they are biasing against Indian male with gre? They are not. They are just taking thier time to process the applications
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mandy001 wrote:
Sorry but how does it matter? Darden does the invites in rolling manner and no point in thinking about what happened with others. Why do you think that they are biasing against Indian male with gre? They are not. They are just taking thier time to process the applications

good point
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Guys....

I am actually working on a case study related to mobile handset leasing business

Can you please spare some time to fill the form. It wont take more than 5 mins.

PS: No email ids and personal data are collected through this form.

Thanks a lot in advance
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, everyone, we have a Darden interview prep session today at 4 PM Pacific. You can join here https://www.airmeet.com/e/8f9c23e0-b359 ... 39bfe1bd2b
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
XCDY wrote:
Hi Guys.... I am actually working on a case study related to mobile handset leasing business Can you please spare some time to fill the form. It wont take more than 5 mins. PS: No email ids and personal data are collected through this form. Thanks a lot in advance

Hi XCDy, Sharing third party links are not allowed in GmatClub. So, I’m removing those links.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Do we assume reject if no invite received?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Guys, Anyone interviewed with Fabiana from Darden class?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mandy001 wrote:
Rtmt wrote:
Hey any Indian male with a gre got an invite in round 2 ? Posted from my mobile device

Apna kaam kar Darden ke Dalle.
I will ask whatever I want to ask.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Guys, during the interview if you ask questions but the interviewer doesn’t clearly have answers or feels they are not very relevant to that specific school, does it hurt our chances?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I’m literally feeling like it coz they were like confused over my questions that I feel weren’t very out of the box for a current student & seemed like in a hurry to finish the call. (Call lasted <30 mins)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
GMATScorer21 wrote:
I’m literally feeling like it coz they were like confused over my questions that I feel weren’t very out of the box for a current student & seemed like in a hurry to finish the call. (Call lasted <30 mins)

Even if it did, mo point in thinking about it now. It does not matter anymore
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Your decision is affected by reasons hardly under your control. Can you believe it :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mbat1808 wrote:
Do we assume reject if no invite received? Posted from my mobile device

Yes dude. Its a reject.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi All. Hope you are doing well.
I am recently done with my GMAT and looking to apply in the upcoming intake. I feel I am in completely new terretory now. Could you give me advice on how to utilise 3-4 months I have in between the applications? I would be really greatful. Thanks!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Blingg wrote:
mbat1808 wrote:
Do we assume reject if no invite received? Posted from my mobile device

Yes dude. Its a reject.

­No, Darden keeps rolling out the invite
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have completed my interview and now I’m back to the waiting game. I wonder if I could do something to increase my chances of admission, do you have any suggestions?

I have considered:
- GMAT: No (I couldn’t improve my current score, because with 3 attempts I didn’t make it)
- Promotion: Not possible
- MBAMath: I saw Darden is not listed on MBAMath’s list. However, is it help with anything? To give a context, I majored in Finance in undergrad but with very low GPA (2.7), however I got Q51 in my GMAT

Thank you so much for helping
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KynnN wrote:
I have completed my interview and now I’m back to the waiting game. I wonder if I could do something to increase my chances of admission, do you have any suggestions?

I have considered:
- GMAT: No (I couldn’t improve my current score, because with 3 attempts I didn’t make it)
- Promotion: Not possible
- MBAMath: I saw Darden is not listed on MBAMath’s list. However, is it help with anything? To give a context, I majored in Finance in undergrad but with very low GPA (2.7), however I got Q51 in my GMAT

Thank you so much for helping

­When did you give your interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KynnN wrote:
I have completed my interview and now I’m back to the waiting game. I wonder if I could do something to increase my chances of admission, do you have any suggestions? I have considered: - GMAT: No (I couldn’t improve my current score, because with 3 attempts I didn’t make it) - Promotion: Not possible - MBAMath: I saw Darden is not listed on MBAMath’s list. However, is it help with anything? To give a context, I majored in Finance in undergrad but with very low GPA (2.7), however I got Q51 in my GMAT Thank you so much for helping

You have done your best so at this point, beside those you mentioned, it’s simply just waiting game. I assume you can’t visit in person and meet with the team so I would be proud and hope for the best
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any chances of R2 interview invites yet? anyone recvd in this week?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Top Business Schools in the US for Early Action Rounds.

Join us for this FREE Webinar to learn about Early Action Rounds and explore what Business Schools offer them. Get direct insights from consultants who have helped candidates to get into Top Business School.

What do you get at the end of the session?
1. Calendar of Important Dates and Deadlines for Early Action Rounds globally
2. Two Winning Essays from Successful Applicants
3. Process Guidelines for Early Action Rounds

Speakers for the session
1. Gustavo Davanzo, Senior Consultant
2. Prasanna, SDA Bocconi

February 22, 2024
9 PM IST| 10:30 AM ET

​​​​​​​CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE SESSION
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Those who didn’t get invite should we consider rejection?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
dilipkumarsurya wrote:
Those who didn’t get invite should we consider rejection?

I would give it until next Friday before you consider possible rejection. Don’t lose hope!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
What gmat focus score is competitive for Darden?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
For an American-based LGBTQ entrepreneur is 605
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
What about for american based veteran?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Usafseen21 wrote:
What gmat focus score is competitive for Darden?

Assuming the undergraduate GPA was OK, meaning it was not great and it wasn’t terrible, As a veteran you are also somewhat under represented. I would say a 655 Would be the start of the competitive score range.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
This is competitive, not acceptable. An acceptable score would be potentially 625 (using conversion tables)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
As usual, the higher the score the benefits that gives you.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thank you! I have a 3.48 GPA from a military service academy
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
A high school can cover up your lesson stellar GPA and potentially cover up your less than stellar application. It won’t replace it but it will cover up some imperfections. It can also provide a scholarship but as a veteran, I’m assuming You’re using military programs to pay for tuition. Thank you very much for serving the country 💪
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Usafseen21 wrote:
Thank you! I have a 3.48 GPA from a military service academy

That is fantastic. If you want to get a more detailed profile review, feel free to submit a post in the decision tracker.

Lots of military guys tend to have a lower GPA so you will come in well ahead of a number of folks.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thank you! Pleasure to serve
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Sorry typo. Not a high school, a high score. Typing on the phone. Apologies.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ill have to figure out how to submit a post in the decision tracker for a review. New to gmat club, just signed up
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Usafseen21 wrote:
Ill have to figure out how to submit a post in the decision tracker for a review. New to gmat club, just signed up

Sure! Sorry, it’s overwhelming here 😢. Here is a link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... ister.html
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MiMEssay wrote:
­Hey, ­Usafseen21 Thank you for your post. First off, hats off to you for your service, and it’s great to see that you are taking on a new challenge.  A score of 645 is commendable and coupled with a GPA of 3.48; you’ve got a strong foundation. So, let’s break it down for Darden and how your unique background as a veteran might play into this. While your overall GMAT score is solid, Darden’s competitive range is typically around the 700+ mark. However, the strength of the rest of your application can offset this since they look for diverse and dynamic profiles. Emphasize your leadership and teamwork experiences from your military service in your essays, and make sure you craft your story in a compelling manner. Here are some of the Official Darden links that might help you in different scenarios: 1. MBA Admissions as a military person/veteran - Learn about one-year deferment, Veteran benefits from Updates to the Post-9/11 GI Bill, Military Scholarships, and Application Fee Waivers. 2. Darden Military Association - You can contact them at -DMA@darden.virginia.eduor visit their website - www.dardenveterans.com  Remember, the journey to Darden is not just about numbers but about the story you tell and the diverse perspectives you bring. I hope this helps. Cheers!  Abhyank Founder & CEO  MiM-Essay MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting Customer Reviews|Consultants|School Explorer Contact us: +91-8448224865 ­­­­­

Hey, i might be wrong but 700+ gmat is for classic not for the focus edition.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MiMEssay wrote:
  ­Hey, Mandy001 Thanks for the information. I have checked the official site I didn’t find anything related about what you posted. If you have heard it from somewhere or have a reliable source, can you please add it below in the thread? It would also help us with better evaluation and benefit the whole community. :)  Cheers! Abhyank Founder & CEO  MiM-Essay MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting Customer Reviews|Profile Evaluation|School Explorer Contact us: +91-8448224865  

My point is that you mentioned that the competitive range of gmat score for Darden is 700+. If we assume that to be the focus edition, then it comes out to be 750+ in classic edition which is very high!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thank you everyone!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi everyone, is there difference between interview conducted by second years and adcoms? thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I heard that adcoms are super nice during the interview so no worries. In terms of decision making, I have no ideas...
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Decision-wise: Very minimal different
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I can only see it as different if you are being selected for Jefferson, Oculus or Batten Scholars
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
but if just traditional admission + merit scholarship, I believe it’s 0% difference
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi,
Does anybody have any idea, till when Darden will be sending invite?Any last day?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ChristopherZheng wrote:
I can only see it as different if you are being selected for Jefferson, Oculus or Batten Scholars

What do you mean by different? Could you please explain this?

I had an interview with second-year student and it was very nice and friendly. As I applied for Batten, I asked Adcom and they confirmed that I will be invited for an additional Batten interview once I have been accepted to Darden.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ChristopherZheng wrote:
but if just traditional admission + merit scholarship, I believe it’s 0% difference

thanks
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
rohitk101 wrote:
Hi, Does anybody have any idea, till when Darden will be sending invite?Any last day?

Last year they were inviting people till the last week of their decision release date (which is around 12th March)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am also in the same boat as yours. There is no point in thinking too much about it
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Dobby14 wrote:
What do you mean by different? Could you please explain this? I had an interview with second-year student and it was very nice and friendly. As I applied for Batten, I asked Adcom and they confirmed that I will be invited for an additional Batten interview once I have been accepted to Darden.

Dm you seperately
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­Loosing hopes now. No emails/updates yet from Darden.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same here bro

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Admitted guys, does darden declare admit results exactly on decision release date mentioned by them?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Typically they called the day before and the letter come out next day at 5pm est
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
vishal.tiwary wrote:
­Loosing hopes now. No emails/updates yet from Darden.

Same here
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Darden still sending interview invites?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Will Darden be rolling more interview invites or not?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin