Last visit was: 07 Jun 2024, 20:34 It is currently 07 Jun 2024, 20:34
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10099 [0]
Given Kudos: 4547
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
If anyone is interested in becoming ThreadMaster for this thread, please PM your request to me. As a Threadmaster you are expected to spend 5-10 minutes daily on the thread, engage other applicants in the discussion, create positive environment, and ensure healthy and helpful conversation among applicants. Here you can learn more about duties and responsibilities of Threadmasters as well as benefits.. be-the-coolest-guy-in-the-mba-forum-be-a-threadmaster-152204.html
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Anyone willing to discuss anything regarding AGSM application here in this thread?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Narenn, i am an Australian citizen and a 2018 AGSM aspirant...

Sent from my SM-N920I using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
AGSM has been making steady progress in Financial times MBA rankings since last 3 years. It was ranked 75th globally in 2015, 66th in 2016, and 54th in 2017 i.e. in current rankings.

It is also ranked 11th worldwide among non-US programs in Forbes biennial rankings, the only Australian program to make the Forbes list in 2015.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
coolguytam2000 wrote:

Great! Good luck for your applications this season.

AGSM, Mcquarie, and Melbourne are considered top Australian MBA programs. Mcquarie is ranked 49th by FT this year, AGSM 54th, and Melbourne 76th. I am curious how an Australian applicant would rank these schools; Which one of them would be your top choice?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CEIBS '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
coolguytam2000 wrote:

AGSM, Mcquarie, and Melbourne are considered top Australian MBA programs. Mcquarie is ranked 49th by FT this year, AGSM 54th, and Melbourne 76th. I am curious how an Australian applicant would rank these schools; Which one of them would be your top choice?

Hi Naren,

Off-topic, I want to take your view on Mcquarie MBA. While they rank the highest of the three MBA programmes in Australia, they do not need a valid GMAT score for admission. This leaves me a little perplexed with the rank FT places them at.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CEIBS '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
coolguytam2000 wrote:

Hi Naren,

Off-topic, I want to take your view on Mcquarie MBA. While they rank the highest of the three MBA programmes in Australia, they do not need a valid GMAT score for admission. This leaves me a little perplexed with the rank FT places them at.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
MBS course delivery is very intense. Its a 16-18 months content squeezed into 12 months..some candidates may prefer this but other may look for some off time to absorb the learning.

Although Macquarie is the highest ranked B school in Australia but very little is known about its content..i think its more suited for those who have good experience and already have some local connections.

AGSM content delivery is 16 months long and gives you the flexibility to customize your own programme. Its gives you the breathing space to absorb the learning and do some self learning as well. They provide exchange opportunities with well known B schools across the globe.

I think Australian programs are quite expensive compared to US B-Schools and the value for money is not as good as US schools but being an Australian citizen it makes more sense to choose Oz schools as interest free government loan is a big plus and repayments depends on the post MBA salary.

MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
smgmat1 wrote:
Narenn wrote:
coolguytam2000 wrote:

Hi Naren,

Ranking methodology of FT is very different from other rankings bodies; They place a lot of emphasis on alumni responses. Roughly 59% weight is placed on responses received from alumni i.e. average salary after 3 years, increase in post MBA salary, Value for money etc; whereas, 31% weight is placed on school data which again takes many factors in to account such as admission stats, diversity, placements, nationalities, curriculum, etc. So even if Macquarie's admission stats are not as good as other Australian programs, they will have little effect on its ranking as long as Macquarie's Alumni are super happy with their program and getting high salaries.

So rankings can't give you accurate picture of whether the program is suitable for you. If I were a prospective applicant I would focus more on other important aspects of the program such as curriculum, placement stats, whether my target companies recruit at the school, etc.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
GSM will be coming to you in South-East Asian.

Ho Chi Minh City - April 22
Hanoi - April 23
Taipei - April 25
Bangkok - April 27
Singapore - April 29
Kuala Lumpur - April 30
Jakarta - May 2

If you would like more information on how you can accelerate your career through a world-class 16-months MBA programme, visit the AGSM website to find out how you can book your spot and connect with the team.

Or you can drop me a private message and i'll be happy to share more about my experience or link you up with people who can answer your questions.

Jared
Class of 2018
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Less than 1 month left to submit applications in R1. How are applicants approaching to the essay prompts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: AGSM '20 (S)
Send PM
Hey guys... i am alos applying to agsm for jan 2018 intake... i was a little worried about the recent visa changes announced by aus govt. Could someone help me on that, like whether we need 457 visa after graduation to work or some other visa... and how easily it is available for indians

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Guys, last year we reviewed previous AGSM discussions and compiled experiences and advice of previous applicants. Hope these tips will help current/prospective AGSM applicants know about the school and its application process.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p1713779
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi.. Whether anyone who applied in round one received interview invite?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ramyapm18 wrote:
Hi.. Whether anyone who applied in round one received interview invite?

Hey.. i have applied for round 1.. but application was on hold as i had to subnit my toefl score... did u get ur interview invite?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
No did not get interview invite.. I heard they will usually invite for an interview 15 days after submitting application.. I submitted mine on may 29..

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ramyapm18 wrote:
No did not get interview invite.. I heard they will usually invite for an interview 15 days after submitting application.. I submitted mine on may 29..

I guess you should call them and ask.. they'll let you know about your application status..

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts