It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 13:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2015
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [2], given: 0

Schools: AGSM '20 (I)
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V34
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 23:55
2
This post received
KUDOS
shehzade11 wrote:
Ramyapm18 wrote:
Hi.. Whether anyone who applied in round one received interview invite?

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device


Hey.. i have applied for round 1.. but application was on hold as i had to subnit my toefl score... did u get ur interview invite?

Posted from my mobile device



Hello guys ,

I am RIshabh. I had an interview with AGSM director last week. I submitted my application in April

Kudos [?]: 2 [2], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Posts: 33

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Schools: AGSM '20 (S)
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2017, 05:32
rn2610 wrote:
shehzade11 wrote:
Ramyapm18 wrote:
Hi.. Whether anyone who applied in round one received interview invite?

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device




Hey.. i have applied for round 1.. but application was on hold as i had to subnit my toefl score... did u get ur interview invite?

Posted from my mobile device



Hello guys ,

I am RIshabh. I had an interview with AGSM director last week. I submitted my application in April


Hey... great yaar.. so how was your interview... what all they asked...

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 14 Jul 2016
Posts: 57

Kudos [?]: 15 [1], given: 17

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.5
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2017, 22:13
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hello All,

I received email confirmation that my application is successful. The official letter would take another 3-5 days.

Anyone else received admit?

Timelines:
    Application Submitted on 29th May
    Interview invite on 13th June
    Interview on 21st June with the Director of Operations
    Received Email confirmation today

Kudos [?]: 15 [1], given: 17

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Posts: 33

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Schools: AGSM '20 (S)
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2017, 22:20
dnalost wrote:
Hello All,

I received email confirmation that my application is successful. The official letter would take another 3-5 days.

Anyone else received admit?

Timelines:
    Application Submitted on 29th May
    Interview invite on 13th June
    Interview on 21st June with the Director of Operations
    Received Email confirmation today



Hi .. congrats buddy.. could you share your profile..

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 14 Jul 2016
Posts: 57

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 17

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.5
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2017, 22:45
shehzade11 wrote:
dnalost wrote:
Hello All,

I received email confirmation that my application is successful. The official letter would take another 3-5 days.

Anyone else received admit?

Timelines:
    Application Submitted on 29th May
    Interview invite on 13th June
    Interview on 21st June with the Director of Operations
    Received Email confirmation today



Hi .. congrats buddy.. could you share your profile..


6.5 years WE in IT industry (3.5 years international)
GMAT 650, IELTS OS: 8.0
Good Acads and references.
Decent Extra-curriculars.

Last edited by dnalost on 27 Jun 2017, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Feb 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2017, 03:01
dnalost wrote:
Hello All,

I received email confirmation that my application is successful. The official letter would take another 3-5 days.

Anyone else received admit?

Timelines:
    Application Submitted on 29th May
    Interview invite on 13th June
    Interview on 21st June with the Director of Operations
    Received Email confirmation today


Congrats! Even I got my admit today. I had my interview last friday. Experience: 3.5 years in O&G consultancy
Are you planning on joining AGSM?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jun 2017
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: India
Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.25
Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2017, 03:20
Congrats - I have also secured an admit.

Profile
GMAT - 720
PTE - 89/90
Work ex - 4.5 years - 4 years as a software consultant and 6 months as a marketing consultant with a leading software automation firm (current role)

Has any of you received info on scholarships? I'm waiting for the scholarship decision.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Feb 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2017, 04:16
MissionMBA2018 wrote:
Congrats - I have also secured an admit.

Profile
GMAT - 720
PTE - 89/90
Work ex - 4.5 years - 4 years as a software consultant and 6 months as a marketing consultant with a leading software automation firm (current role)

Has any of you received info on scholarships? I'm waiting for the scholarship decision.


Congrats!, my mail says that the scholarship information will be available by 15th July. Are you planning on applying to other universities, specially the ones in US?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 14 Jul 2016
Posts: 57

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 17

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.5
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2017, 05:41
skt1712 wrote:
dnalost wrote:
Hello All,

I received email confirmation that my application is successful. The official letter would take another 3-5 days.

Anyone else received admit?

Timelines:
    Application Submitted on 29th May
    Interview invite on 13th June
    Interview on 21st June with the Director of Operations
    Received Email confirmation today


Congrats! Even I got my admit today. I had my interview last friday. Experience: 3.5 years in O&G consultancy
Are you planning on joining AGSM?


Mostly yes, haven't concluded though. What about you?

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jun 2017
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: India
Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.25
Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2017, 00:02
skt1712 wrote:
MissionMBA2018 wrote:
Congrats - I have also secured an admit.

Profile
GMAT - 720
PTE - 89/90
Work ex - 4.5 years - 4 years as a software consultant and 6 months as a marketing consultant with a leading software automation firm (current role)

Has any of you received info on scholarships? I'm waiting for the scholarship decision.


Congrats!, my mail says that the scholarship information will be available by 15th July. Are you planning on applying to other universities, specially the ones in US?


Most probably, I won't apply at US B-Schools. Are you applying at MBS? You can contact me at +91 9582525215.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Feb 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2017, 01:50
MissionMBA2018 wrote:
skt1712 wrote:
MissionMBA2018 wrote:
Congrats - I have also secured an admit.

Profile
GMAT - 720
PTE - 89/90
Work ex - 4.5 years - 4 years as a software consultant and 6 months as a marketing consultant with a leading software automation firm (current role)

Has any of you received info on scholarships? I'm waiting for the scholarship decision.


Congrats!, my mail says that the scholarship information will be available by 15th July. Are you planning on applying to other universities, specially the ones in US?


Most probably, I won't apply at US B-Schools. Are you applying at MBS? You can contact me at +91 9582525215.


I won't be applying to MBS, I've read AGSM and MBS are pretty similar. I'll probably be applying to a few in Singapore and US. We can create a whatsapp group for all the admits

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 14 Jul 2016
Posts: 57

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 17

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.5
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2017, 02:22
Add me as well..
Is it just the three of us?

Posted from my mobile device

Last edited by dnalost on 18 Jul 2017, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jun 2017
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: India
Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.25
Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2017, 03:24
skt1712 wrote:
I won't be applying to MBS, I've read AGSM and MBS are pretty similar. I'll probably be applying to a few in Singapore and US. We can create a whatsapp group for all the admits


Sure! Add/Ping me
Phone# +91 9582525215 (Kapil)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Nov 2016
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2017, 14:34
hello guys

I need your kind help. I have given my GMAT and I scored 600 in it. do I stand any chance in AGSM?

as for my profile so the details are below:

- Employee in a FMGC (WE: almost 2 years)
- couple of internships of 2 months each
- undergraduate degree in electronics engineer with GPA of 3.67/4.00

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jun 2017
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: India
Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.25
Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2017, 11:11
msaad wrote:
hello guys

I need your kind help. I have given my GMAT and I scored 600 in it. do I stand any chance in AGSM?

as for my profile so the details are below:

- Employee in a FMGC (WE: almost 2 years)
- couple of internships of 2 months each
- undergraduate degree in electronics engineer with GPA of 3.67/4.00


The average work experience is around 5 years. You should contact the admission office and request for a profile assessment. You can also request them for a consultation session(Skype).

Last edited by MissionMBA2018 on 02 Jul 2017, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 25 Apr 2017
Posts: 44

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE: General Management (Education)
Reviews Badge
Profile Evaluation Request. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2017, 12:20
Here is my profile and then a few questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xth- 94.2%
XIIth - 90.2%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Mining Engineering from IIT(BHU), Varanasi.
CGPA- 7.5/10

IELTS - 8 bands overall (with no band less than 6.5)
GMAT (current score) - 690 ( Q-49, V-35, AWA-5.5). Might retake GMAT in a few weeks to improve score.

Work Experience:
1. Worked for 2 years with Teach For India.
- Taught in a under-resourced government school near a low-income community.
- Various activities and leadership positions held during this period.

2. Worked for 1 year with a teacher-certification firm based out of Bangalore. Worked at the intersection of Education and Management profile.

3. Currently working as a coordinator (managerial position but we don't use that term in org hierarchy) of two verticals with an organisation working with children with special needs.

(Total work experience: 36+ months {working in the same niche-industry-of-sorts})

Extra:
1. Successfully running a Social-Mutual Fund start-up as a side thing.
2. Have worked as Curriculum Design Consultant on small projects with McKinsey Social Initiative and Pearson.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Questions:
1. Is my WE too low for Australia?
2. Should I retake GMAT (I want to be eligible for scholarship)?
3. AGSM or MBS? Is my profile better fit for AGSM or Melbourne Business School?
4. What strengths and gaps can one easily spot in my profile?
5. What has also concerned me is post-MBA options. I have frequently heard people forced to come back because of limited job opportunities for non-PR folks.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jun 2017
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: India
Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.25
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2017, 03:30
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
JaibeerSingh wrote:
Here is my profile and then a few questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xth- 94.2%
XIIth - 90.2%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Mining Engineering from IIT(BHU), Varanasi.
CGPA- 7.5/10

IELTS - 8 bands overall (with no band less than 6.5)
GMAT (current score) - 690 ( Q-49, V-35, AWA-5.5). Might retake GMAT in a few weeks to improve score.

Work Experience:
1. Worked for 2 years with Teach For India.
- Taught in a under-resourced government school near a low-income community.
- Various activities and leadership positions held during this period.

2. Worked for 1 year with a teacher-certification firm based out of Bangalore. Worked at the intersection of Education and Management profile.

3. Currently working as a coordinator (managerial position but we don't use that term in org hierarchy) of two verticals with an organisation working with children with special needs.

(Total work experience: 36+ months {working in the same niche-industry-of-sorts})

Extra:
1. Successfully running a Social-Mutual Fund start-up as a side thing.
2. Have worked as Curriculum Design Consultant on small projects with McKinsey Social Initiative and Pearson.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Questions:
1. Is my WE too low for Australia?
2. Should I retake GMAT (I want to be eligible for scholarship)?
3. AGSM or MBS? Is my profile better fit for AGSM or Melbourne Business School?
4. What strengths and gaps can one easily spot in my profile?
5. What has also concerned me is post-MBA options. I have frequently heard people forced to come back because of limited job opportunities for non-PR folks.


You have a decent GMAT score and CGPA. They are not bothered about 10th/12th score. You should drop an email to the admission office and request for a consultation session.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 May 2017
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2017, 06:20
Hi All, is there anyone applying by the Round 2nd? By the way, could anyone share your experience about the interview with Director?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jun 2017
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 5 [1], given: 0

Location: India
Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.25
Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2017, 10:41
1
This post received
KUDOS
Kate.li88 wrote:
Hi All, is there anyone applying by the Round 2nd? By the way, could anyone share your experience about the interview with Director?


Hi - I was interviewed by Prof. Clinton Free (Academic Director). It was more of a conversation.

Questions (the ones I can recall)

How did I grow up and what impact does that have on me today?
Why AGSM?
Why MBA?
Why is now the best time for an MBA?
Plans after MBA?
How was it to prepare for GMAT after working for 4 years?
Why Australia/Sydney?

Then he asked whether I have any questions about the program. The interview lasted some 40 minutes (of which 15 minutes were spent discussing my questions.)

All the best!

By the way, have you received an interview invite?

Kudos [?]: 5 [1], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 4773

Kudos [?]: 3786 [0], given: 2445

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2017, 11:46
MissionMBA2018 wrote:
Hi - I was interviewed by Prof. Clinton Free (Academic Director). It was more of a conversation.

Questions (the ones I can recall)


Congrats on admit and thanks very much for sharing your interview experience in detail. Wishing you great time in AGSM (Assuming you are matriculating there).

skt1712, dnalost, rn2610: Guys, would you mind sharing your interview debriefs as well? Thank you!
_________________

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3786 [0], given: 2445

Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)!   [#permalink] 04 Jul 2017, 11:46

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 87 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.