Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 15:46 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 15:46
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3848 [1]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 616 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6203 [2]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Re: Need help with analysis of my Enhanced Score Report (Verbal Section) [#permalink]
Kudos
AdiShahGMAT wrote:
I need help in understanding my Enhanced Score Report. It looks like I have marked approx 13 wrong questions, still my score dropped to 25. Can you please tell me where did I go wrong? I have my exam planned on 1st Aug 2017. It would be great if someone could help me out in identifying my mistakes.

Here is the link for full ESR of AdiShahGMAT for any expert who wants to help him:
https://scores.gmac.com/gmat-esr/1193be ... ccadbc049a
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Need help with analysis of my Enhanced Score Report (Verbal Section) [#permalink]
umg wrote:
Unfortunately, there is nothing in that ESR that we can use to give you an analysis. It seems that GMAC has run into some troubles with the pdf version. So, it would serve you better if you post the screen shots of the ESR.

Here is one general thing that i'd say - a raw score of V 25 denotes that you need to improve your understanding of basic concepts. Moreover, the number of incorrect answers hardly matters. That's how GMAT is different from all the exams you might have taken thus far. The most important factor that determines your score is the difficulty of questions that you got right and wrong.

I have attached the screenshots of the report. It would be great if you could have a look at it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HKD1710 wrote:
AdiShahGMAT wrote:
I need help in understanding my Enhanced Score Report. It looks like I have marked approx 13 wrong questions, still my score dropped to 25. Can you please tell me where did I go wrong? I have my exam planned on 1st Aug 2017. It would be great if someone could help me out in identifying my mistakes.

Excluding the experiment questions, attached snapshot shows how you performed in 1st-4th set of questions in both verbal and Quant.

If you're not clear of anything in the analysis then please let me know.

When i see this ESR report - it does not show graphs and pie charts which could help understand the timing and complexity of questions attempted.

I have attached the screenshots of the report. Please have a look at it
Current Student
Send PM
As I mentioned earlier, V 25 denotes a weaker understanding of basic concepts. Looking at your ESR, I can confidently say that you completed your Verbal section in about 60 minutes. That is Very fast. I scored 38 in V and I had to rush through by the end of the section. This disparity between us is because you could not comprehend the intricacies in the difficult questions, a fact supported by the question difficulty graph. Almost all the questions you got right were of difficulty Low or between Low and Medium. So, here are the steps to improve.

Step 1. Learn the basic concepts in RC, SC, and CR.

Step 2. Practice enough questions applying those concepts

Step 3. Take a mock test to diagnose your weakest area

Step 4. Improve your weakest area

Step 5. Go to Step 3.

Step 6. Take GMAT when you feel you are ready.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
umg wrote:
As I mentioned earlier, V 25 denotes a weaker understanding of basic concepts. Looking at your ESR, I can confidently say that you completed your Verbal section in about 60 minutes. That is Very fast. I scored 38 in V and I had to rush through by the end of the section. This disparity between us is because you could not comprehend the intricacies in the difficult questions, a fact supported by the question difficulty graph. Almost all the questions you got right were of difficulty Low or between Low and Medium. So, here are the steps to improve.

Step 1. Learn the basic concepts in RC, SC, and CR.

Step 2. Practice enough questions applying those concepts

Step 3. Take a mock test to diagnose your weakest area

Step 4. Improve your weakest area

Step 5. Go to Step 3.

Step 6. Take GMAT when you feel you are ready.

Hey sorry for late reply. And thank you for your advice. I followed your advice, and this time I spent more time solving each and every question. I gave my test on 1st August 2017, and scored 630. Thanks again.
Current Student
Send PM
AdiShahGMAT wrote:
Hey sorry for late reply. And thank you for your advice. I followed your advice, and this time I spent more time solving each and every question. I gave my test on 1st August 2017, and scored 630. Thanks again.

From the tone of your reply, I feel that you are satisfied with your score. So, Congratulations and all the best for applications.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6952 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
14031 posts