Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [13]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.45
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
George12 wrote:
Done with both interviews last weekend.

It was exactly as everyone said: They were more of a conversation than a formal interview, and I really enjoyed both of them. They were primarily checking my fit into INSEAD and what I can contribute during the program. Why INSEAD, Why MBA, and Why Now came out as these questions can really draw a good picture of your motivation doing MBA. Both gave me many great advice regarding the exit language, courses, and even personal life at INSEAD. I especially noticed that both interviewers's eyes gleamed when they recall the memories at INSEAD and I could feel that they really cherish the experience, which makes me even more fascinated by INSEAD!

Now is the time to concentrate on work and take on as many projects as I can to distract myself until the decision day, one month from now :wink:

@George12 thank you for contributing your feedback around the interview process. And congratulations to the end of a very long process. I'm wondering if they kind of grilled you on your long-term plans. This is something I'm noticing more and more of. I'm not really sure if it's a way to check your sincerity, fit or what.

https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
George12 wrote:
Done with both interviews last weekend.

It was exactly as everyone said: They were more of a conversation than a formal interview, and I really enjoyed both of them. They were primarily checking my fit into INSEAD and what I can contribute during the program. Why INSEAD, Why MBA, and Why Now came out as these questions can really draw a good picture of your motivation doing MBA. Both gave me many great advice regarding the exit language, courses, and even personal life at INSEAD. I especially noticed that both interviewers's eyes gleamed when they recall the memories at INSEAD and I could feel that they really cherish the experience, which makes me even more fascinated by INSEAD!

Now is the time to concentrate on work and take on as many projects as I can to distract myself until the decision day, one month from now :wink:

George12 thank you for contributing your feedback around the interview process. And congratulations to the end of a very long process. I'm wondering if they kind of grilled you on your long-term plans. This is something I'm noticing more and more of. I'm not really sure if it's a way to check your sincerity, fit or what.

Hi Farrel,
They did ask about my long term goal and challenged my reasoning. The way I see it, they want to understand the expectation after the MBA program and the motivation behind the goal.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
any R4 applicant already gotten an interview date?

And any updates to the R3 intake... getting just a little nervous
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
grhu8175 wrote:

I have just gotten an email from AN today with an interview invitation. Best of luck for you too!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
congrats shashasha!. Would you mind sharing your profile?

shashasha wrote:
grhu8175 wrote:

I have just gotten an email from AN today with an interview invitation. Best of luck for you too!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
grhu8175 I'm another R4 applicant. Haven't heard back anything yet. Moving forward with the thought ' No news is good news'! Yes it is agonizing !
Meanwhile R3's - any movement on ur side?

grhu8175 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 640 Q36 V40
GMAT 2: 650 Q41 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Hey, been lurking on this thread for a while but never contributed. Also a R4 applicant.

grhu8175 I just heard back that I got an interview yesterday as well.

My case was a bit different as I am a reapplicant who got previously denied due to a low GMAT score. I received an email saying if I increased my score they they would probably give me an interview, so I spent the last couple months studying like crazy. I sent off the new score and the admissions committee told me it was good enough to reapply, just in time for Jan 2018!
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
@fuzzywuzzy congrats!!! that is exciting. They must have been interested in your profile and thought that it would add something to the class. Can you give us a few more details, like what was your GMAT before and after? Also maybe give us a little bit of info about your profile? Nationality work background any special diversity factors? Congrats again interview for Round 4 not easy. So that must mean that you have something unique to bring to the table.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 640 Q36 V40
GMAT 2: 650 Q41 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach sure thing.

GMAT: I took the GMAT 3 times, twice before this round (640/650), and once after receiving the request to improve my score (710 was improved score). They specifically said that the quant portion of my score was lacking, so my focus was solely on quant (36-->41-->47).

Diversity: In terms of background, I'm American. I have family in Asia and the middle east, so I do a lot of traveling out there for family/business.

Work Experience: My work experience was in management consulting (healthcare) and IT (program manager) for the last 5 years (all US-based). Lots volunteer work on the healthcare side.

Really excited, I also can't believe I got an interview. Will keep you guys posted as things progress!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Zinnia77 wrote:
congrats shashasha!. Would you mind sharing your profile?

Sure! I am Swiss, 30 years old, got 730 (47 in quant, 42 in verbal), have 2 years of work experience in management consulting and used to be an athlete, which gave me the chance to train and live in the US for 2 years
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Ok, finally received my interview invitation today.

Good luck everybody! lets hope we all get in~
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Me too!!
Interview mode ON!???fingers crossed for the next step!!

Congrats grhu8175 !!!!
Good luck to all still waiting!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
any news from R3?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
yukityou wrote:
any news from R3?

From watching everybody here at R2, I guess they will start calling in next week, usually around 3 days before the date.
Hang on! ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Interesting article: Do American companies hire from one-year MBA programs?

https://www.orieladmissions.com/single- ... A-programs
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
George12 wrote:
yukityou wrote:
any news from R3?

From watching everybody here at R2, I guess they will start calling in next week, usually around 3 days before the date.
Hang on! ;)

thanks. it takes too long for R3, maybe because of the summer vacation.
But if it is the case, still 2 weeks needed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Maximizing your chances of getting a job offer during a one year MBA:

https://www.orieladmissions.com/single- ... e-year-MBA
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Was interviewed for R3, waiting to hear back in a week from now! Any idea on the acceptance rate after the interview? Does INSEAD reject a lot of people after the interviews because I haven't seen that many posts about dings post interview?

fingers crossed!! Good luck everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts