It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 09:54

Happening Now:

Alleviate MBA app anxiety! Come to Chat Room #2

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
5 KUDOS received
Director
Director
S
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach

Kudos [?]: 177 [5], given: 73

Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2016, 03:19
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Deadlines

Round 1
Application Deadline: March 15, 2017
Interview Decision: April 21, 2017
Final Decision Notification: May 26, 2017

Round 2
Application Deadline: May 3, 2017
Interview Decision: June 2, 2017
Final Decision Notification: July 7, 2017

Round 3
Application Deadline: June 14, 2017
Interview Decision: July 13, 2017
Final Decision Notification: September 8, 2017

Round 4
Application Deadline: July 26, 2017
Interview Decision: August 25, 2017
Final Decision Notification: September 29, 2017

Register for the next In-House Event :

Here

Invited to Interviews? :

Apply to up to 5 Scholarships Now!

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Last edited by Narenn on 30 Jun 2017, 07:36, edited 5 times in total.
Edit

Kudos [?]: 177 [5], given: 73

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 09:16
Hi MBACoach,

Is this table showing the number of applicants and accepted in real-time?

Also, I am an engineer, French, have 5 years of experience, 730 GMAT. Have work experience in Dubai, Kuwait, and New York.
I am thinking of applying to Round 4 for Jan18 intake, class of Sep 18.

How risky is that and do you think I shoudl delay it till Round 1 Sep 18 intake?

Thank you,
Elias

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 18:11
Hi friends
Any news on waitlist conversion? I am an India male. Background Consulting wait listed from R1. Have we seen any movements from other nationalities wrt to wait-list. Appreciate if fellow members can share some insight on wait list conversion chances. This is for Jan 2018 intake.

thanks again

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
Director
Director
S

Kudos [?]: 177 [0], given: 73

Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2017, 01:22
eliascharara wrote:
Hi MBACoach,

Is this table showing the number of applicants and accepted in real-time?

Also, I am an engineer, French, have 5 years of experience, 730 GMAT. Have work experience in Dubai, Kuwait, and New York.
I am thinking of applying to Round 4 for Jan18 intake, class of Sep 18.

How risky is that and do you think I shoudl delay it till Round 1 Sep 18 intake?

Thank you,
Elias

eliascharara sorry for the late response, I am not getting all notifications for this thread. Normally, I urge people to wait but you DO have a very strong profile. What are your reasons to do January instead? Do you want an internship? Do you expect less career growth next year? Keep in mind you probably won't really have the option to get full consideration by adcom in the fall if rejected because to do so, in such a short period of time, you need to have a major test score increase or a promotion (or more international experience.) You are already in good shape on all counts.

Go for it if you are OK with applying to other schools in the fall if it doesn't work out. If you do go for it - get cracking, this is a long marathon application that requires a great deal of time, thought and iteration. It's on par with launching an advertising campaign. Would only do it if you can take the next two weeks off. I recently worked with someone end to end on this application, rush service, and it took us two weeks, working for several hours daily. So be realistic about whether or not you can do a good job on it.

Farrell Dyan

Expert Post
Director
Director
S

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2017, 01:34
akshayprasad wrote:
Hi friends
Any news on waitlist conversion? I am an India male. Background Consulting wait listed from R1. Have we seen any movements from other nationalities wrt to wait-list. Appreciate if fellow members can share some insight on wait list conversion chances. This is for Jan 2018 intake.

thanks again

I recently inquired about this with my partner, who works almost exclusively with Indian applicants, to determine if it made sense to work with an Indian in question on a waitlist effort

here is his response:
"it's still early in the season...they admit folks till sep/oct. so if s/he can show progress like better gmat or promotion etc. then possible... R2 waitlist is not a bad place to be...they will have ~20% seats left for indians in R3/R4 to which he can qualify with proper updates... i'm assuming he interviewed right? however, if the goals were the issue or something in the essays/reco..then chances are limited... even with updates... no real stats around indians getting off WL..but that's the play"

What I would add - if you can show an uptick in international work experience that is also a game changer. I would strongly recommend you work with a consultant in diagnosing why you are on WL and then develop an update letter. If you absolutely can't afford a consultant, get someone in your circle who is awesome in communications to work with you on doing the update letter. My point is to do an update letter that speaks to the weaknesses in your app - don't just sit around hoping to get off the WL. That is a rookie move.

Farrell Dyan

Expert Post
3 KUDOS received
Director
Director
S

Kudos [?]: 177 [3], given: 73

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2017, 02:11
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
FREE INTERVIEW RESOURCES :o

I have a couple resources to gift you Round 3 interviewers. Put this email together recently for a client and thought I would share.
Use the school guide to research your ideas for answers to questions in the Sample Accounts section of the interview guide. Research the school to establish FIT – former alums who are interviewing are enthusiastic and will have a strong positive emotional reaction to you knowing a lot about the school.

CA INSEAD School Guide: Here’s the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4alodg9yjpb1nl/ignp_Clear-Admit-School-Guide-INSEAD-2016_2979.pdf?dl=0
Pw is mba.application.rescue@gmail.com

CA INSEAD Interview Guide: Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zvg1x3iuo82amh/Clear-Admit-Interview-Guide-INSEAD-%40250967318%40qq.com.pdf?dl=0
Pw is 250967318@qq.com

Also, helpful to review this chat transcript. From an event held by INSEAD for female applicants but the information is not gender-specific.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q1bquc8dcv7t2s/INSEAD.docx?dl=0

Farrell Dyan

Kudos [?]: 177 [3], given: 73

Expert Post
Director
Director
S

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2017, 00:19
A little bit quiet in here - what is everyone doing? Preparing for interviews? Any R4 warriors out there jamming in the last stretch?

Farrell Dyan

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2017, 00:28
Will see!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2017, 04:10
Hi MBAcoach,

Do you think that INSEAD really doesn't discriminate between rounds?
Isn't riskier to apply to round 4?

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2017, 04:18
In my case, I am still waiting for the email from AO regarding detailed information of the interviewers. I suspect it's because I told her that I am on a long business trip out of town. Anyone from R3 already done with the interview?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 96 [0], given: 98

Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE: Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2017, 06:52
eliascharara wrote:
Hi MBAcoach,

Hi! If I recall correctly, your nationality is French, right? The risk of round 4 is that INSEAD may have already hit its max limit of your nationality for the intake you're applying for. That said, I think if you have the right profile and the class is already full, they may offer you a place in a future intake.

Between rounds 1 and 2, there are currently 15 French nationals accepted.

Good luck!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2017, 07:33
@lpetrosky Thank you for your reply.

Do you know of such common cases where strong profiles were offered enrollment in next intake?
Actually, I called INSEAD admissions yesterday and they told me that they would not usually do that. And if they did, it would have been exceptional cases.

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE: Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2017, 07:45
eliascharara wrote:
@lpetrosky Thank you for your reply.

Do you know of such common cases where strong profiles were offered enrollment in next intake?
Actually, I called INSEAD admissions yesterday and they told me that they would not usually do that. And if they did, it would have been exceptional cases.

I have heard of a couple instances where that was the case, yes, but it's definitely not the norm. The admissions process has always been, and will continue to be, a mystery! :?: :?: :?:

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 17

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2017, 07:47
George12 wrote:
In my case, I am still waiting for the email from AO regarding detailed information of the interviewers. I suspect it's because I told her that I am on a long business trip out of town. Anyone from R3 already done with the interview?

Chances are that your AO is on holidays! July and (especially) August are slow months here in France...

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 17

Expert Post
Director
Director
S

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2017, 21:51
eliascharara wrote:
Hi MBAcoach,

The % accepted in each round varies in terms of app volumes.

It's immensely riskier to apply in round 4. I would only do it if September is impossible for you. You do have a good profile, but by R4...the diversity quota takes full precedence...so unless you have like 750+ gmat that might help them boast about it in their gmat range... chances are slim except for rare nationalities, rare occupations etc.

Farrell Dyan

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 2.55

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2017, 03:27
Quick question on behalf of my ex-colleague. Does anyone know whether the not more than 10% of one nationality rule is strictly enforced? My ex-colleague is Indian who submitted his R4 application. From MBAConnect, I see that there are already 40 Indians (out of 349 total admits). Does that mean they will only take a maximum of 10 or so Indians in rounds 3 and 4?

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 24 [1], given: 17

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2017, 03:55
This post received
KUDOS
tlh wrote:
Quick question on behalf of my ex-colleague. Does anyone know whether the not more than 10% of one nationality rule is strictly enforced? My ex-colleague is Indian who submitted his R4 application. From MBAConnect, I see that there are already 40 Indians (out of 349 total admits). Does that mean they will only take a maximum of 10 or so Indians in rounds 3 and 4?

Well, actually you have asked two questions, haven't you? :lol:

For both questions: absolutely not. The 10% is not a hard rule (just check class profile of previous years).

Kudos [?]: 24 [1], given: 17

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 2.55

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2017, 07:07
latinoinasuit wrote:
tlh wrote:

Well, actually you have asked two questions, haven't you? :lol:

For both questions: absolutely not. The 10% is not a hard rule (just check class profile of previous years).

Oops obviously need to brush up on math before Jan. Thanks buddy!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2017, 00:41
eliascharara wrote:
Hi MBAcoach,

Hi Elias,

I would suggest applying for R1 for 19J, rather than R4 of 18D - less risk involved.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2017, 22:39
latinoinasuit wrote:
George12 wrote:

Chances are that your AO is on holidays! July and (especially) August are slow months here in France...

Right after your post, I received the email! :)
Now busy preparing and arranging the interview to fit in with work schedule, in addition the deadline for scholarship is also approaching...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 13

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2017, 23:04
Was invited to interview in R3, done with one interview- second one is in August first week. Quite restless, and wondering what the conversion rate is after the interview stage?

The wait is deadly, as R3 candidates don't hear back until 8th Sept! Anyone else who's in the same boat?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 13

Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 23 Jul 2017, 23:04

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  35    Next  [ 692 posts ]