Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 10:15 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.6
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72900 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72900 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Postpone or not: Dilemma [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
HarshBazooka wrote:
Thanks BB. Christmas is no problem for me. I am just unable to connect all the dots here. I am planning to write 1 mock this Sunday to see whats the present state. I have Kaplan, Manhattan and Veritas CATs. What do you recommend? How many mocks till 3rd Dec and when and to use GMAT Prep 2 mocks?

Take any test. Then we talk. Take the the test and then something can be figured out. To know the path you need to know both your destination and your location. Right now we don't see to know either... we just know that you want to get From point X (unknown) to Target (unknown) in about a month. So your question about how many CAT's you should take is really premature.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4655 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: Postpone or not: Dilemma [#permalink]
Expert Reply
HarshBazooka wrote:
Thanks BB. Christmas is no problem for me. I am just unable to connect all the dots here. I am planning to write 1 mock this Sunday to see whats the present state. I have Kaplan, Manhattan and Veritas CATs. What do you recommend? How many mocks till 3rd Dec and when and to use GMAT Prep 2 mocks?
As bb pointed out, that first test will help in the planning process. As for tests, the GMATPreps are the best, but there are only 6 of them (2 free, 4 paid). I don't think you'll run out of GMATPreps if you get the paid tests, but you've got some pretty good alternatives even if you don't.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
HarshBazooka wrote:
As bb pointed out, that first test will help in the planning process. As for tests, the GMATPreps are the best, but there are only 6 of them (2 free, 4 paid). I don't think you'll run out of GMATPreps if you get the paid tests, but you've got some pretty good alternatives even if you don't.

Hi

AjiteshArun and BB,

I gave gmat prep 1st mock and scored 660...with my target 720+ do you think I can get to that level within 10 days from now (3rd dec) or should I reschedule my exam (around 23rd dec) ? I just have one shot for Jan applications.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4655 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
HarshBazooka wrote:
Hi

AjiteshArun and BB,

I gave gmat prep 1st mock and scored 660...with my target 720+ do you think I can get to that level within 10 days from now (3rd dec) or should I reschedule my exam (around 23rd dec) ? I just have one shot for Jan applications.
I don't know whether this applies to you as an individual, but most test takers would find it difficult to go from 660 to 720 in 10 days. However, if it's your deadlines that are driving the test scheduling, then you need to go ahead and take the test. If possible, keep a 16 day buffer (before the deadline) so that you can take the exam again if necessary.

One more thing: if this was your very first test, you might actually be (already) capable of a getting a score higher than 660. You'll have to take a few more tests to ensure that you're familiar enough with test taking to perform to your potential.
GMAT Club Bot