It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 06:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Postpone or not: Dilemma

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Postpone or not: Dilemma [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 10:18
Hi, Please throw some light. With application deadlines in Jan 1st week for my target schools (Masters in Finance) and my GMAT scheduled for Dec 3rd, do you recommend re-scheduling the GMAT Exam? I have not even covered entire theory and have no GMAT prep score. The reason I kept GMAT early was to ensure I have one full month for Applications. In case I dont' get target score i wont even apply this year :-( Please Help !

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D

Kudos [?]: 29437 [0], given: 5351

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Postpone or not: Dilemma [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 10:32
HarshBazooka wrote:
Hi, Please throw some light. With application deadlines in Jan 1st week for my target schools (Masters in Finance) and my GMAT scheduled for Dec 3rd, do you recommend re-scheduling the GMAT Exam? I have not even covered entire theory and have no GMAT prep score. The reason I kept GMAT early was to ensure I have one full month for Applications. In case I dont' get target score i wont even apply this year :-( Please Help !

Kind of impossible to answer.... how much do you still need to improve?
You have close to 4 weeks (that means 3 more weeks of studying potentially and 1 week of polishing).... though you want to give yourself about 2 weeks to chase some loose ends and not feel rushed.

P.S. I like Dec 3rd date - gives you time for the application and gives you a back up opportunity to retake without having to do it over the Christmas break.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29437 [0], given: 5351

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 10:55
Thanks BB. Christmas is no problem for me. I am just unable to connect all the dots here. I am planning to write 1 mock this Sunday to see whats the present state. I have Kaplan, Manhattan and Veritas CATs. What do you recommend? How many mocks till 3rd Dec and when and to use GMAT Prep 2 mocks?

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
D

Kudos [?]: 29437 [1], given: 5351

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Postpone or not: Dilemma [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 13:26
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
HarshBazooka wrote:
Thanks BB. Christmas is no problem for me. I am just unable to connect all the dots here. I am planning to write 1 mock this Sunday to see whats the present state. I have Kaplan, Manhattan and Veritas CATs. What do you recommend? How many mocks till 3rd Dec and when and to use GMAT Prep 2 mocks?

Take any test. Then we talk. Take the the test and then something can be figured out. To know the path you need to know both your destination and your location. Right now we don't see to know either... we just know that you want to get From point X (unknown) to Target (unknown) in about a month. So your question about how many CAT's you should take is really premature.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29437 [1], given: 5351

VP
VP
D

Kudos [?]: 287 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 19:57
HarshBazooka wrote:
As bb pointed out, that first test will help in the planning process. As for tests, the GMATPreps are the best, but there are only 6 of them (2 free, 4 paid). I don't think you'll run out of GMATPreps if you get the paid tests, but you've got some pretty good alternatives even if you don't.

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 22:32
AjiteshArun wrote:
HarshBazooka wrote:
As bb pointed out, that first test will help in the planning process. As for tests, the GMATPreps are the best, but there are only 6 of them (2 free, 4 paid). I don't think you'll run out of GMATPreps if you get the paid tests, but you've got some pretty good alternatives even if you don't.

Hi

AjiteshArun and BB,

I gave gmat prep 1st mock and scored 660...with my target 720+ do you think I can get to that level within 10 days from now (3rd dec) or should I reschedule my exam (around 23rd dec) ? I just have one shot for Jan applications.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

VP
VP
D

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 22:42
HarshBazooka wrote:
Hi

AjiteshArun and BB,

I gave gmat prep 1st mock and scored 660...with my target 720+ do you think I can get to that level within 10 days from now (3rd dec) or should I reschedule my exam (around 23rd dec) ? I just have one shot for Jan applications.
I don't know whether this applies to you as an individual, but most test takers would find it difficult to go from 660 to 720 in 10 days. However, if it's your deadlines that are driving the test scheduling, then you need to go ahead and take the test. If possible, keep a 16 day buffer (before the deadline) so that you can take the exam again if necessary.

One more thing: if this was your very first test, you might actually be (already) capable of a getting a score higher than 660. You'll have to take a few more tests to ensure that you're familiar enough with test taking to perform to your potential.

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Re: Postpone or not: Dilemma   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2017, 22:42

Postpone or not: Dilemma

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap