Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
TinanGoli wrote:
Hello,
Thank you in advance for answering.
Sorry for the long story.

I am a 26years old female from Ivory coast currently living in UK. I spent most of my life in Ivory Coast. In high school I won an award of the best student of my category in the whole country. I did my a level (baccalaureat litteraire) in literature focusing in English,Spanish, history, philosophy and math.
I went to the best university of the country.Even though that university only accept people for scientific background,they did made an exception for me, accept my application and made me take a math test before grant me a place there. I was admitted to the three years program, got a scholarship for three years during those years I was ranked 1st of my class. They then offered me a place in the engineering program, renewed my scholarship for two years, and offered me a two months exchange in UK. Again I took the first place among my peers. In my last year I got recruited by PwC. I spent 9 months there, submitted my thesis and declined a full time offer from them.
To sum up I got 4 as GPA.
I declined PwC offer because I wanted an experience abroad and wanted to have more knowledge in finance, I went to UK and did a MSc in finance (top 15).Due to an accident that happened to me at the beginning of my term, I ended up with a low GPA of 3.7 (2.1).

-Work experience from old to recent:
2months summer internship as account assistant in a microfinance company
8months work experience in a big 4 as a financial auditor
I have been running the family business since I was in my 2nd year at Uni. I expand our business from B2C to B2B, created opportunities outside the country. Now we have our own production facilities, client abroad and retailers buy the product to export it .
I am currently having experience in a fortune 20 as a digital architect and PMO in London

Extracurricular activities
- I was the Vice president of the dancing club in my high school (we were 2nd in a national competition)
- my first two years at Uni I was running the English and literature club of the Freshers
- I became a year later the Project manager of a student start up operating in management,marketing for a year
- the year after I was elected the president of that start up I expanded our activities,improved our revenue by 20% the first year by expanding our activities and clients portfolio.It led me to a second mandate
The second year was even better we had the same growth in term of revenue and profit. One of the client decided to hire me,he made me an offer but I had already accepted the offer of the big 4 so I declined.

I actively participated in Rotaract activities, and st Egidio working with orphans, offering medical kits and working on various projects.
I was also an activist in the LGBT community in my country, counseling and being there for everyone.
I am currently teaching some Basic IT to seniors people here in London
And next month I will start volunteering on weekends for British heart Foundation as well.

I haven't prepared for the GMAT yet,I got the books today...planning to read,get ready and take it because I would like to apply for the 1st round I'm September 2018.
I am interested in Wharton, Stanford,Harvard, Columbia and I would stay LBS.

So my questions are:
Is my work in my family business considered as work experience?
Which score of GMAT should I get to get into top 10 first round?
Can I get into the top 15?

Thanks,

Sorry again for the long story

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/url]

Thank you for the detailed post. No need to apologize as the more information the better at this stage.

It sounds like you have an interesting and varied background. I would love to evaluate the family business but I would need to know more about the role. Perhaps you can email your resume if you have one. Scott@personalmbacoach.com
Family businesses are great for applications and I always like when I see a large family business. That said, since title can simply be handed to you, the impact is most important. How many people or projects did you lead and what change have you made?

I am intrigued by your profile and I would say 710-720 is a good score to target, though of course the higher the better. Could it work with a score under 700? Certainly. But again I would want to see more. Overall I think top 10 is a great strategy for you!

Looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great weekend.

Best,
Scott
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink]