Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation request [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Adit (@leechingweireal),

Thank you for the message and for sharing your profile. Whether you choose an MS or MBA, you will need to target the best GMAT score for top schools, as you, unfortunately, represent an overrepresented demographic. Your profile will need to stand out from the rest.

Have you done any extracurricular work? If not, you should look at ways that you can build that aspect of your profile before deadlines. An MS from a top school can work for your career goals in Consulting or Finance. With a high enough GMAT score, and a carefully curated application submission you can apply this year.

The difference between an MS and an MBA is that the former has a focused curriculum in one area (typically 1-year program), and the latter teaches the fundamentals of business (allowing you to choose a focus) and requires more time. The MBA also requires that you have, on average, 3-5 years work experience, so, at this stage, an MS makes more sense.

Happy to continue the conversation and see how we can help you build your profile if interested. Please reach out to schedule a free consultation (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

leechingweireal wrote:
Hello
I am Adit from India.
Here is my profile:
10 and 12 th : 90%
Graduation : BTech IIT DELHI (always ranked among top 3 engineering colleges in India having 2 percent acceptance rate.
Graduation marks : 68%. 2017
Internships :1. education startup. 2. In environmental engineering core field in one of govt dept.
Both in 2016
Didn’t join any company in 2017 till now.
I wanted to ask that whether I would be considered for any( ms or mba)program in a good b schools if I score 760 in GMAT. Or instead join a company, build my resume and then try with a score of around 700. And what should I do to make a transition from engineering to finance or consulting.
Thanks
Regards

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation request [#permalink]