Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Stacy Blackman Consulting Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Wharton MBA Admissions & Related Blogs [#permalink]
Expert Reply

Ken Moelis W’80/WG’81 and Julie Taffet Moelis W’81 have made a $10 million gift to the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania to establish the Ken Moelis and Julie Taffet Moelis Advance Access Program. This program will provide highly qualified UPenn undergraduates whose academic and career interests are outside those of traditional business school students with a deferred admission opportunity. Eventually the program will grow to permit applications from the best undergraduate schools throughout the US and around the world.

The program is open to all Penn undergraduates beginning with the Class of 2018 who want a guaranteed pathway to a Wharton MBA while they pursue meaningful work experience. Students in the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering and Applied Science, School of Nursing, the Wharton School, and all other coordinated dual degrees are able to apply. Applications will be accepted starting March 2018 during Round 3 of the MBA admissions cycle.

Students admitted as Moelis Fellows have guaranteed admission to the Wharton MBA Program after a two- to four-year deferment period to be used to pursue job opportunities in fields that are of interest to them, including those that go beyond the traditional definitions of business. Moelis Fellows will submit a Declaration of Intent to enroll during each year of the deferment period, updating their employment information for verification. During this period, Moelis Fellows will also participate in professional development, mentoring occasions, and social programs. Finally, they will be considered for a $10,000 fellowship per year during the two-year full-time MBA program.

According to UPenn President Amy Gutmann, “Ken and Julie [Moelis] are encouraging students to think early about their graduate degree, venture into diverse fields after graduation, and bring these robust, interdisciplinary experiences to their Wharton MBA journey.”

Related Resources:

Get Accepted to Wharton, a free webinar
Wharton 2016-17 MBA Essay Tips & Deadlines
MBA Prep Advice for College Students, a blog series

This article originally appeared on blog.accepted.com.

Applying to a top b-school? The talented folks at Accepted have helped hundreds of applicants get accepted to their dream programs. Whether you are figuring out where to apply, writing your application essays, or prepping for your interviews, we are just a call (or click) away.

Contact us, and get matched up with the consultant who will help you get accepted!
SVP
SVP
Send PM

The University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School has announced the following full-time MBA application deadlines for the 2017-2018 admissions season.
Round 1
Application due: September 19, 2017
Decision released: December 14, 2017
Round 2
Application due: January 3, 2018
Decision released: March 29, 2018
Round 3
Application due: March 27, 2018
Decision released: May 10, 2018

To be considered for a round, candidates must submit a completed application by 5 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the day of the deadline. If you need to apply for a student visa to study in the United States, Wharton recommends that you apply in Round 1 or 2. For more information, please visit the Wharton School MBA admissions website.

If you are looking for guidance on your Wharton MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Coming Soon to a City Near You! 
Graduation is over and summer is upon us, so it is time for us to hit the road to meet those of you interested in joining the Class of 2020.  We’ll be in 40+ cities between May and September for events ranging from fairs and conferences to faculty lectures and…Read More

The post Coming Soon to a City Near You!  appeared first on MBA Program.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Updates to the 2017-2018 Application
  As we get closer to the release of our 2017-2018 application, I’m excited to announce a new update to our application. We have made significant changes to our Letter of Recommendation in an effort to get a deeper understanding of a candidate’s personal characteristics and their impact on others…Read More

The post Updates to the 2017-2018 Application appeared first on MBA Program.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: The Start of a New School Year
Last month the Class of 2019 arrived on campus to begin their two year experience at Wharton. Things kicked off with Pre-Term – a month-long period of events to orient new students to life at Wharton (and being back in the classroom), the multitude of opportunities and resources available to…Read More

The post The Start of a New School Year appeared first on MBA Program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Around the World for TBDs
Fall is in the air, and Round 1 of this year’s admissions cycle is well underway. After reading your applications, the admissions team is eagerly anticipating meeting many of you in person during an upcoming Team Based Discussion (TBD). Round 1 applicants who are invited to a TBD will have…Read More

The post Around the World for TBDs appeared first on MBA Program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Happy Holidays!
The holiday season brings another exciting time to the admissions office: the release of Round 1 decisions! After a busy round of reading, interviewing, and traveling, the admissions team called newly admitted students last week to share the good news. To those of you admitted to the Wharton MBA Class…Read More

The post Happy Holidays! appeared first on MBA Program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Happy 2018!
I hope you enjoyed the holiday season and are looking forward to the new opportunities and possibilities in the New Year. The admissions cycle is in full swing with the Round 2 deadline passing recently on January 3. The admissions team is working hard reviewing the next round of applications…Read More

The post Happy 2018! appeared first on MBA Program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Moelis Advance Access Program
As we enter the last few weeks of winter, all of campus is gearing up for a new season (and hopefully warmer weather!). Spring break is right around the corner, and many MBA students will be traveling the globe through the Global Immersion Program and Leadership Ventures. With the Round…Read More

The post Moelis Advance Access Program appeared first on MBA Program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Spring/Summer Updates [#permalink]
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Spring/Summer Updates
Locust Walk is in full bloom as we approach the end of the academic year. The past few weeks have been full of excitement – we welcomed over 300 admitted students to campus during our Spring Welcome Weekend, spring term classes concluded, and preparations are underway for Commencement. The Class…Read More

The post Spring/Summer Updates appeared first on MBA Program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
New Season, New Class [#permalink]
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: New Season, New Class
Locust Walk is in full bloom as we approach the end of the academic year. The past few weeks have been full of excitement – we welcomed over 300 admitted students to campus during our Spring Welcome Weekend, spring term classes concluded, and preparations are underway for Commencement. The Class…Read More

The post New Season, New Class appeared first on MBA Program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Updates to the 2018-2019 Application [#permalink]
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Updates to the 2018-2019 Application
We have enjoyed connecting with so many of you at our summer events!  The application for the Class of 2021 will be released in early July.  We wanted to give you a heads up on a change to the forthcoming application – Essay 2 has changed.  Essay 1 will stay…Read More

The post Updates to the 2018-2019 Application appeared first on MBA Program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Welcome Wharton MBA Class of 2020 [#permalink]
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Welcome Wharton MBA Class of 2020
August is coming to an end and that can only mean two things: it’s really hot here in Philadelphia and we’re excited to announce the MBA Class of 2020! Last week, we welcomed our new students to campus to begin their two-year journey here at Wharton. This Class is an…Read More

The post Welcome Wharton MBA Class of 2020 appeared first on MBA Program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Coming Soon: 2021 Round 1 Deadline [#permalink]
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Coming Soon: 2021 Round 1 Deadline
Last month, we welcomed 862 students to campus as the Class of 2020.  This month, 873 second-year students returned to campus and the school year has kicked into full swing! The Class of 2020 has really begun to dig into the wide array of opportunities both inside and outside the…Read More

The post Coming Soon: 2021 Round 1 Deadline appeared first on MBA Program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Preparing for the Team Based Discussion [#permalink]
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Preparing for the Team Based Discussion
This year’s admissions cycle is well underway, and invitations to interview were sent via email to Round 1 applicants on October 30. If you were invited, you will participate in a Team Based Discussion (TBD) and a one-on-one interview. The admissions team is eagerly anticipating meeting many of you in…Read More

The post Preparing for the Team Based Discussion appeared first on MBA Program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Happy Holidays – and a Welcome to Round 1 Admits [#permalink]
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Happy Holidays – and a Welcome to Round 1 Admits
As 2018 draws to a close, we’re looking forward to next year and all that it will bring – particularly the opportunity to welcome the newest members of the Wharton family. Last week, we got to do our favorite part of the job: making the phone calls to let prospective…Read More

The post Happy Holidays – and a Welcome to Round 1 Admits appeared first on MBA Program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Happy to help anyone who has questions on Wharton!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
HBS and Wharton Moderator
55 posts
Wharton and Tepper Moderator
106 posts