Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1137
Schools: NUS '23
GPA: 4
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2224 [2]
Given Kudos: 139
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 2.77
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [2]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GMAT practice tests accuracy [#permalink]
Hello EMPOWERgmatRichC,

thank you for your suggestion; i will take one of the GMATprep tests within this week to get an idea of my preparation level, and let you know how i score on that.
besides that, i've been studying for GMAT for around 4-5 months now. i had taken a local course for GMAT at The Princeton Review (TPR) . I've stuck to OG 2018, TPR books, materials and practice sheets and Powerscore CR Bible. About 2 weeks ago i also started practicing 700-level questions on the GMAT Club for both verbal and quant.

i find myself struggling to solve Probability and Combinatorics questions since the very beginning and even now. don't know whether i should leave these topics or work on them. i also find CR quite confusing as i always end up choosing the wrong option out of the two choices that i narrow down to. however, with GMATCLUB CR practice i have somewhat improved, if not much.

My scores on CATs were as follows :
690 (Q46, V39)
700 (Q47, V40)
690 (Q49, V36)
710 (Q49, V39)
700 (Q46, V41)

My Goal score is 750 or above.

I'll be applying in business schools in around october 2019.
I'm planning on applying in HBS, Stanford, Wharton, LBS, INSEAD, ISB and others.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22055 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: GMAT practice tests accuracy [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi applebear,

I agree with much of what already has been said. Certainly, when you take practice tests from various companies, you may find some variation in algorithms used and thus variations in your score. Thus, please take an official practice test and report back here with your score breakdown. Once I have that information, I’d be happy to provide further advice.

You also may find it helpful to read this article about
how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi applebear,

Since you're not planning to apply to Business School until about a year from now, you have plenty of time to continue studying and improving. A 750+ Score requires a high level of 'precision' in your work - and your CAT Scores so far show a minor degree of inconsistency. Thus, beyond working on specific Tactics, you also have to work on your organizational skills (note-taking, etc.) so that you eliminate little mistakes from your work. We'll be able to discuss all of this in more detail once you have your next CAT Score.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello ScottTargetTestPrep,
Thank you for your suggestion..i will take the test and report back with my score on the GmatPrep Cat.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello EMPOWERgmatRichC,
Alright, but i wanted to secure the score as soon as possible because I don’t want to delay further.
And i’ll be glad and grateful if you could provide me with some more suggestions regarding my preparation and the weak areas that i mentioned in my previous reply. Also, if there are any other study materials that could help me improve on those. I want to secure my score by January 2019 at the max.

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 22055 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Great! Talk to you soon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36 (Online)
Send PM
applebear wrote:
can anyone please help me out

i recently started with CATs and have been scoring in the range of 690-720 on 6 Princeton Review Practice tests....however when i took the Economist test the scores dropped significantly to 480...I’m really worried about my preparation...can’t gauge whether i’ve been preparing wrong or was the economist test really that tough :( :(
please help my GMAT exam is due on 14th November :sad:

Hi!!
What was your final score?

I've just taken the princeton review free test and 've scored 720.

I just wanted to know whether those tests reflected how good you were at gmat.

Thanks
Own Kudos [?]: 22055 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Patto,

I assume that you're currently studying for the GMAT? Do you need advice regarding your study plan?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36 (Online)
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Patto,

I assume that you're currently studying for the GMAT? Do you need advice regarding your study plan?

Hi Scott! I don't know what to say..

I'm sitting for the exam on march the 25th (two weeks). I don't know whether it will be helpful... You are the expert, just tell me.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
patto wrote:
applebear wrote:
can anyone please help me out

i recently started with CATs and have been scoring in the range of 690-720 on 6 Princeton Review Practice tests....however when i took the Economist test the scores dropped significantly to 480...I’m really worried about my preparation...can’t gauge whether i’ve been preparing wrong or was the economist test really that tough :( :(
please help my GMAT exam is due on 14th November :sad:

Hi!!
What was your final score?

I've just taken the princeton review free test and 've scored 720.

I just wanted to know whether those tests reflected how good you were at gmat.

Thanks

Hi,
I recently took the exam and scored a 640 to my disappointment. The princeton review tests are good for practice but I feel they overestimate your scores. In my opinion, it would be much better if take the Gmat Prep tests because they are the best estimate of your actual score on the real test.
All the best :)
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30797 [0]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi patto,

This article on what to do in the days leading up to the GMAT would be a good read for you at this point in time. See if you have all that is mentioned in the article covered, if not then you know what to do and where to spend the next two weeks. If you need any specific GMAT related help, please feel free to write to us at support@e-gmat.com.

All the best for your test!

Regards,
Aditee
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30797 [2]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM