Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: MBS '21
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
myheartssay wrote:
Finally...
Which round do you guys plan to take?

Welcome to the discussion. I am not an applicant but soon we will see prospective applicants joining this thread.

Good luck for your apps this season! Which round you are applying to?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I have clarifications regarding the fees and the visa:

1) MBS has option to speed up or slow down the program. It is mentioned all candidates are provided with 18 months visa for the study. What if we speed up the program and complete the coursework in 12 months, will the candidate still be availing 6 months of the study visa and another 6 months post study visa?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
aadavss wrote:
I have clarifications regarding the fees and the visa:

1) MBS has option to speed up or slow down the program. It is mentioned all candidates are provided with 18 months visa for the study. What if we speed up the program and complete the coursework in 12 months, will the candidate still be availing 6 months of the study visa and another 6 months post study visa?

Interesting question. I searched the older threads but couldn't find convincing answers to this situation though the visa information displayed on MBS's website suggests that one can not do a full time job on study visa.

I would encourage you to take this question with MBS admissions directly. They can give you exact answer.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Some great advice shared by our previous MBS threadmaster.

npeirano wrote:
akanksha1411 wrote:
Hi, I am planning to apply for MBS in round 5. Will that be too late. Is there any chances for scholarship for me.
Also, any advice for presentation and the essays.
One more thing what are the essay topics, am not able to find in the application.please help!!
Thanks in advance..

Hi akanksha1411 welcome to the AMBS thread.

As is stated in the website "If you are an international applicant, we strongly recommend that you apply by Round 5 if you wish to be considered for a scholarship" , so it would not be to late to have a scholarship. On the other hand, as it has been mentioned in this thread AMBS has received a lot of applications and few scholarships are available but I will not think that you don't have chances to get any scholarship in my opinion.

Regarding the essays topics, here they are : https://www.mbs.ac.uk/study/mba/full-ti ... n-process/ and you have to expand the Admissions Essays and Presentation title that is below the Application Guideline in the link. Please let me now if you could find it and I will help you.

Finally, advice.. well of course not an expert here but my advise would be to focus on your career progress and achievements, they want to see that you had a quick professional progress in your career and what makes your career stand out in terms of responsibilities, skills , manage people , etc. Remember that you don't have a maximum amount of words but on the other hand you cannot deliver a very extensive essay. Make sure that is easy to read , in my case I asked a lot of people to read my essay to make sure that they didn't get bored.

Regarding your aspirations, I tried to be as specific as possible , in my case it helped a lot that I already know precisely what job I want to land after the MBA and how can I get there.

Finally, the presentation. Here you can get as creative as you want to. In my case I just put some pictures of my family, friends, activities and hobbies . Easy and simple.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
Regarding visa options mbs participates in visa pilot scheme for internationals. Uk home office says if the candidate graduates from a 12 month university mba program then he gets 6 months past tier 4 visa to stay in uk. This option is not available for 15 or 18 months program as duration gets longer.
Hence its upto you if you want to do internship or want more option to stay in uk past mba. Cant have both. Sorry these are the rules. I know it sucks

P.S confirmed from durham university this information and is application to all universities in uk. They also had 12 or 15 month option and they recommended 12 months option for internationals despite 15 months having an internship or business plan option

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Schools: MBS '21 (A)
GPA: 2.85
WE:Other (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I submitted my application on R3, November 15. If i were to be interviewed, how long before i should hear back from Manchester?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
malex wrote:
I submitted my application on R3, November 15. If i were to be interviewed, how long before i should hear back from Manchester?

I submitted my application on 15th November also. Still not heard back. Though I did call Thursday and they advised me I will be informed of next stage soon they are busy reviewing all applications.

Have you already heard back yet ?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 2.85
WE:Other (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Tahir44 wrote:
malex wrote:

I submitted my application on 15th November also. Still not heard back. Though I did call Thursday and they advised me I will be informed of next stage soon they are busy reviewing all applications.

Have you already heard back yet ?

Thanks for the update, Tahir44. I have not heard back yet as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have a interview via Skype with Fran on Monday 17th. Anyone else got a interview within the next week?

I am UK based with over 8 years in management role pharmaceutical background & with a start up business I launched 2017.

Any tips or advice for interview? Would be greatly appreciated - not had a interview in years.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hey Guys,

Got an interview for 18. Dec.

Anyone know when the final decision will be sent?

Good luck all!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Larsen,

Speaking with Sabrina & Emma in admissions - we should get final decisions between 18th & 21st December.

My Skype interview is on Monday 17th

Good luck with yours.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Tahir44 wrote:
Larsen,

Speaking with Sabrina & Emma in admissions - we should get final decisions between 18th & 21st December.

Good luck with yours.

hmm would like for that to be true. But can they really give feedback that quickly? 1-3 days?

Oh well let's see.

Best of luck to you too!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Larsen wrote:
Tahir44 wrote:
Larsen,

Good luck with yours.

hmm would like for that to be true. But can they really give feedback that quickly? 1-3 days?

Oh well let's see.

Best of luck to you too!

Technically they have gone over the interview period already, when our interviews are taking place. So your right it's highly unlike we will hear till the new year I assume as I noticed this in a previous years forum when it was R3 applications.

But let's hope we find out before Xmas at least.

Hope your interview goes well on Tuesday. Who do you have your interview with ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 137
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V35
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
I had my interview on October 16th. I am yet to hear any decision from them
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
For people who havent heard from university esp if it is over 1 month passed since interviewing or applied, my suggestion is to contact admissions asap. They are a bunch of incompetent people who never reply on time and on promised deadlines. My interviewer was so rude at point of being racist. His name was chris garnett from recruitment. Manchester doesnot like people without consulting background even with high gmats or gpas. Give lame excuses that class is already full when request feedback.
My two cents stay far away from this racist university.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
Send PM