GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jun 2019, 23:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jun 2018
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 01:40
Hi,

Please let me know if we can apply to Manchester B school with GMAT score 560.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jun 2018
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 01:50
Hi,

Please help me knowing if can we apply to MBS with 560 GMAT score.

Regards,
Divya Y
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Nov 2017
Posts: 13
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 07:58
DivyaYerranagula wrote:
Hi,

Please help me knowing if can we apply to MBS with 560 GMAT score.

Regards,
Divya Y


Hi Divya,

AMBS says their middle 80% batch has 550-700 on GMAT. Having said that, 560 is definitely on the lower end, especially for an Indian applicant. I would suggest you retake your GMAT and try to score 650+ to stand a reasonable chance of gaining an admit to AMBS.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jul 2018
Posts: 22
Location: Indonesia
Schools: MBS '21
GPA: 3.24
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 18:22
1
DivyaYerranagula wrote:
Hi,

Please let me know if we can apply to Manchester B school with GMAT score 560.


80% of Alliance GMAT score ranging from 550 - 700 -there were applicants who got accepted with GMAT score lower than 550- so i think you have a chance.
I guess it depends on your other application sections such as GPA, essays, resume, etc.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Dec 2018
Posts: 7
Location: United Kingdom
Schools: MBS '21 (A)
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2019, 11:54
2
Just to update I was given my offer promptly the last Friday before Christmas holidays.

4 days after the interview. I think it’s decided before the interview whether you’ll be given a place or not. As my interview was very much a chat about my future plans, what I intend to do. And some useful advice from Fran that I should get involved as much as possible through the MBA, talking about jobs and my expextations.

I wasn’t offered a scholarship with my offer but been invited to the assessment day for the UK scholarships. Which will be held early March.

Good luck everyone I must say I did dedicate a lot of time into preparation of the application, resume and essays. And took time preparing for the GMAT.

I still work as a full time pharmacist manager 5 days a week, and I run my own start up brand. Which exports in middle east and distributes in UK. But will be leaving my job now soon.

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jul 2018
Posts: 22
Location: Indonesia
Schools: MBS '21
GPA: 3.24
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 06:34
Tahir44 wrote:
Just to update I was given my offer promptly the last Friday before Christmas holidays.

4 days after the interview. I think it’s decided before the interview whether you’ll be given a place or not. As my interview was very much a chat about my future plans, what I intend to do. And some useful advice from Fran that I should get involved as much as possible through the MBA, talking about jobs and my expextations.

I wasn’t offered a scholarship with my offer but been invited to the assessment day for the UK scholarships. Which will be held early March.

Good luck everyone I must say I did dedicate a lot of time into preparation of the application, resume and essays. And took time preparing for the GMAT.

I still work as a full time pharmacist manager 5 days a week, and I run my own start up brand. Which exports in middle east and distributes in UK. But will be leaving my job now soon.

Posted from my mobile device


How long did you get the interview invitation after the deadline? It's been 10 days since the deadline and I haven't received any news from the adcom.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Dec 2018
Posts: 7
Location: United Kingdom
Schools: MBS '21 (A)
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 08:28
1
Azvin

It was well into the 18 - 19 day mark that I heard back from them. But they were moving buildings. Which they have done now. So it maybe sooner for you.

They will get back to you around then. Good luck with it.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2018
Posts: 5
Location: Philippines
Schools: MBS '21 (A)
GPA: 2.85
WE: Other (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 15:55
Tahir44 wrote:
Have a interview via Skype with Fran on Monday 17th. Anyone else got a interview within the next week?

I am UK based with over 8 years in management role pharmaceutical background & with a start up business I launched 2017.

Any tips or advice for interview? Would be greatly appreciated - not had a interview in years.

Posted from my mobile device


Hi Tahir, i just received an interview invite for Jan 16 and will be speaking with Fran as well. Any tips for the interview?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Dec 2018
Posts: 7
Location: United Kingdom
Schools: MBS '21 (A)
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 17:55
1
malex wrote:
Tahir44 wrote:
Have a interview via Skype with Fran on Monday 17th. Anyone else got a interview within the next week?

I am UK based with over 8 years in management role pharmaceutical background & with a start up business I launched 2017.

Any tips or advice for interview? Would be greatly appreciated - not had a interview in years.

Posted from my mobile device


Hi Tahir, i just received an interview invite for Jan 16 and will be speaking with Fran as well. Any tips for the interview?



I over prepared and scripted way too much. And as the interview or discussions started, I realised it's just best to express myself. So my best advice is just be yourself. Prepare have points covered on all the standard question mentioned in previous forums and threads. Which is what I did. I went through and made a list of all possible questions. And bullet point few key points on each question. And kept this in front me during the interview.

But the actually interview was nothing like I expected. So hard to say what your experience will be like. I was only asked questions about what I will do post MBA.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2018
Posts: 5
Location: Philippines
Schools: MBS '21 (A)
GPA: 2.85
WE: Other (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 20:00
Thanks for the advice Tahir!

Posted from my mobile device
INSEAD Thread Master
User avatar
D
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2032
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2019, 22:20
1
azharonline wrote:
DivyaYerranagula wrote:
Hi,

Please help me knowing if can we apply to MBS with 560 GMAT score.

Regards,
Divya Y


Hi Divya,

AMBS says their middle 80% batch has 550-700 on GMAT. Having said that, 560 is definitely on the lower end, especially for an Indian applicant. I would suggest you retake your GMAT and try to score 650+ to stand a reasonable chance of gaining an admit to AMBS.
Definitely agreeazharonline even though it shows that some people get in with a slightly less impressive GMAC, it's ***very unlikely*** that they are Indian. People who get in with a 550 are like Iranian feminists.

The GMAT standards are most definitely adjusted for the competition within your profile group. Indians are the most competitive profile group so you will want to be on the upper end of that range every time and I generally request that Indians had at least 20 points over the average in order to be competitive at a particular School.

Also it would be well worth your effort to improve your GMAT from the perspective of scholarships as well. There's a definite positive correlation between GMAT score again scholarship offers.

http://mbaprepcoach.com
_________________
Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC
INSEAD Thread Master
User avatar
D
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2032
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2019, 22:24
Tahir44 wrote:
malex wrote:
Tahir44 wrote:
Have a interview via Skype with Fran on Monday 17th. Anyone else got a interview within the next week?

I am UK based with over 8 years in management role pharmaceutical background & with a start up business I launched 2017.

Any tips or advice for interview? Would be greatly appreciated - not had a interview in years.

Posted from my mobile device


Hi Tahir, i just received an interview invite for Jan 16 and will be speaking with Fran as well. Any tips for the interview?



I over prepared and scripted way too much. And as the interview or discussions started, I realised it's just best to express myself. So my best advice is just be yourself. Prepare have points covered on all the standard question mentioned in previous forums and threads. Which is what I did. I went through and made a list of all possible questions. And bullet point few key points on each question. And kept this in front me during the interview.

But the actually interview was nothing like I expected. So hard to say what your experience will be like. I was only asked questions about what I will do post MBA.
What works best for my candidates is that we prepare talking points but not script them.

List points you want to hit on but by all means do not lay things out word for word or it will ruin the energetic flow of the interview.

Just have an idea of what you're going to say and the main points you want to make.

This is really important I really strongly caution people against just winging it and doing no preparation. Preparation is what allows you to focus on the interpersonal aspect of the interview because you're not sweating bullets trying to figure out what you're going to say next and it allows you to interact more.

So definitely prepare talking points but allow yourself to speak extemporaneously with regards to those talking points for the most part.

http://mbaprepcoach.com
_________________
Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2018
Posts: 5
Location: Philippines
Schools: MBS '21 (A)
GPA: 2.85
WE: Other (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2019, 01:36
Thank you very much for this MBA PrepCoach!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Nov 2017
Posts: 13
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2019, 02:34
Guys, any idea by when we can expect the results to be out for the Jan 3rd deadline?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jul 2018
Posts: 22
Location: Indonesia
Schools: MBS '21
GPA: 3.24
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2019, 04:57
azharonline wrote:
Guys, any idea by when we can expect the results to be out for the Jan 3rd deadline?


You already got interviewed?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Nov 2017
Posts: 13
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2019, 04:59
azvin wrote:
azharonline wrote:
Guys, any idea by when we can expect the results to be out for the Jan 3rd deadline?


You already got interviewed?

Posted from my mobile device


Oh no no...I meant the interview shortlist...
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V35
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 05:07
Got an admit last week. Anyone else joining?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jul 2018
Posts: 22
Location: Indonesia
Schools: MBS '21
GPA: 3.24
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 04:26
I got an interview invitation yesterday but I requested to postpone it because I am currently on a business trip (I dont bring my suit and all the interview materials that I have prepared). Will this affect my application? I don't want to make the adcom think that I am not interested.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jul 2013
Posts: 8
Location: India
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy
Schools: MBS '21 (A)
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 04:31
Hey Azvin,
Which round did you apply in? I have applied in R4. Still haven't heard back anything about the interview invite.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jul 2018
Posts: 22
Location: Indonesia
Schools: MBS '21
GPA: 3.24
Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 04:33
I applied on January 3rd deadline. They are fully occupied next week so I guess your interview will be next week.

Edit: when I asked to reschedule the interview to next week, they said that next week is full so I guess interview for January deadline will be done next week.
navinbarathwaj wrote:
Hey Azvin,
Which round did you apply in? I have applied in R4. Still haven't heard back anything about the interview invite.


Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!   [#permalink] 23 Jan 2019, 04:33

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 73 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne