Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 18:20 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [4]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 499
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Trinity College (Dublin) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake! [#permalink]
Bookmarks
I submitted my application for the Full Time MBA 2019 intake yesterday & yet to hear back from the admissions team. Can anyone please share any insights on what to expect in the admissions interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 137
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V35
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Trinity College (Dublin) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake! [#permalink]
Got an admit with Scholarship

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
What was your interview experience like ? I have interview scheduled.
banerjeerohit92 wrote:
Got an admit with Scholarship

MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Question for all Trinity MBA aspirants: How many of you are career switchers? What support Trinity school provides to its students who are looking to make career switch after MBA? I believe there is no internship then how is it possible to make career switch?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I am career switcher. I plan to shift from core engineering to general management. Trinity does not have any internship on offer as it is only one year program. However, it does have many consulting project giving you real world experience. In fact it has 5-6 real world consulting project on offer. So that might help gaining some experience I believe. Other than that the statistics are solid for Trinity with 95% graduate getting job within six months. Although I have no validation of the claim.
Narenn wrote:
Question for all Trinity MBA aspirants: How many of you are career switchers? What support Trinity school provides to its students who are looking to make career switch after MBA? I believe there is no internship then how is it possible to make career switch?

MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
SwapnilShah9033 wrote:
I am career switcher. I plan to shift from core engineering to general management. Trinity does not have any internship on offer as it is only one year program. However, it does have many consulting project giving you real world experience. In fact it has 5-6 real world consulting project on offer. So that might help gaining some experience I believe. Other than that the statistics are solid for Trinity with 95% graduate getting job within six months. Although I have no validation of the claim.
Narenn wrote:

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply. Are you aware of any such projects for candidates looking to make shift in to Finance?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am not aware as of now about in company projects. However, I have my interview tomorrow with Trinity and I would definitely ask these questions for clarification.
Narenn wrote:
SwapnilShah9033 wrote:
Narenn wrote:

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply. Are you aware of any such projects for candidates looking to make shift in to Finance?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey,

Just had an interview for MBA FT. I asked the question about internship and I was told that they have altered the program a bit and now people will be allowed to do an internship starting from June-July. Although the internship will be for shorter period, it will be there. Other than that, I was told that the major areas where people are recruited for is Financing, IT and consulting.
Narenn wrote:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Got an offer with a scholarship. Anyone here who has accepted their offer yet?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Kudos
SwapnilShah9033 wrote:
Hey,

Just had an interview for MBA FT. I asked the question about internship and I was told that they have altered the program a bit and now people will be allowed to do an internship starting from June-July. Although the internship will be for shorter period, it will be there. Other than that, I was told that the major areas where people are recruited for is Financing, IT and consulting.
Narenn wrote:

I Have a interview schedule for next week. Can you share more information about the interview? My GMAT score was not good enough for a scholarship.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Received an offer today from trinity, with 50% Scholarship. In a dilemma between schools. Anyone else facing the same issue ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey, I am sorry for late reply.

I hope that your interview is completed. How was it ? Did you receive any admission offer ?
VaCeFe wrote:
SwapnilShah9033 wrote:
Hey,

Narenn wrote:

I Have a interview schedule for next week. Can you share more information about the interview? My GMAT score was not good enough for a scholarship.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
Although I didnt receive admission to trinity but have scholarship offers from other schools so I can relate to your situation. It all depends on career preference costs and goals

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well, your school list is very impressive. How did you manage to apply to this many schools? How much application cost did you occur ? Seriously, I appreciate the time you have spend on writing applications. I wish to have same grit and determination.
saadim wrote:
Although I didnt receive admission to trinity but have scholarship offers from other schools so I can relate to your situation. It all depends on career preference costs and goals

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hhhahha Thanks. I am researching schools for 2 years now. World politics also plays a role in selecting schools now. I didnot incur that much costs as 75 percent of schools were free to apply. Got waivers from them and some uk schools have no costs. Trinity has marginal. My low GPA is the biggest hurdle despite very strong GRE score. Hence I had no other option but to apply to many schools.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just had my interview. They didn’t ask too much question as I expected... maybe I expected too much! I don’t have a offer or scholarship yet... they will send me the result until January. Now, I need to wait and study again for GMAT

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was accepted in Trinity, but no scholarship. I will make GMAT again in February and I hope having a good result that will allowed me to apply for a scholarship ??????

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts